RDI robot cach search

LeelooM

Prowler
Society
Spectra
Leeloo Leeloo Mountain
Planet Calypso – RDI Mining Event
The Research and Development Institute (RDI) is a scientific branch of the Federal Empire. The RDI’s mission is to help defeat the Robots by analyzing Robot technology and using their own tech against them. Colonists can now assist the RDI in its research by handing in Robot Data Fragments.

Once you have handed in a sufficient amount of Robot Data Fragments to an RDI representative they will assist in finding a Robot Cache Strongbox. This mission can be done repeatedly. The caches can contain rare encoded schematics which the RDI can use to build high-end tools.

Encoded CR-A Schematic - Chikara Refiner, Adjusted
Encoded CR-M Schematic - Chikara Refiner, Modified
Encoded GSE-A Schematic - Genesis Star Excavator, Adjusted
Encoded GSE-I Schematic - Genesis Star Excavator, Improved
Encoded GSE-M Schematic - Genesis Star Excavator, Modified
Encoded L1-FA Schematic - Level 1 Finder Amplifier
Encoded L2-FA Schematic - Level 2 Finder Amplifier

RDI Representatives can be found in Port Atlantis, Twin Peaks, Fort Ithaca and Minopolis.

Planet Calypso – RDI Mining Event
Start - Apr. 17, 08:00 UTC
End - May 21, 13:00 UTC

--------------------------------------​

First of all it seems you don't get it always even if you hit a VI or higher

Using a amp 2 on ores 100 ped run so 100 drops
I just got a XII (large) and no box
on the same run I just got a VII (Average) still no box
another VII (Average) and no box
Using a amp 1 on enm 35 ped run so 70 drops
XII (large) and no box

Others did experience the same?

If you did get some boxes and opened them, please let us know what you got :)

A summary of info we got so far :

Needed to drop xx with amp X
1 - 2+ amps D-class

30 x VI+ claim with amp 5 (average)

Opened the box and got :
10 ped lyst
10 ped probes
10 ped pyrite

GL mining all !!!

Last edited:
Oh..didnt read you get those with mining....???...i only saw you gt the parts by hunting and needed then to change in for a Robot box

Oh..didnt read you get those with mining....???...i only saw you gt the parts by hunting and needed then to change in for a Robot box

EDIT : I place all info in first post

It can take 20+ 6 ped+ finds to get a box to drop. Very annoying mission to get a box that seems to be a worse mining strongbox.

For me it seems to Take an avarage of 2 d-class amp to recive an mining box

A friend got 10 ped of probes from a box and another one got 10 ped of lysterium :ahh:

I did collect 23k fragments from mayhem defense. had to use 22x level 5 amps to get all the strongboxes, so approx ~30 6p+ finds needed in average for one strongbox.

got Encoded CR-A Schematic from first box and other 22 was pretty much junk...

I did collect 23k fragments from mayhem defense. had to use 22x level 5 amps to get all the strongboxes, so approx ~30 6p+ finds needed in average for one strongbox.

got Encoded CR-A Schematic from first box and other 22 was pretty much junk...

GZ on the find :)

What happends if you get that schematic if I may ask?

EDIT : I place all info in first post

thx for posting...

i also read it then again with all pages and on page 4 ...our new Ma official darkaruki stated also :

--
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?310040-Easter-Mayhem-2019/page4

Just to clarify, the Robot Data Fragments are looted exclusively in the Mayhem Defense instance as a reward for surviving stages and are intended to be traded in to RDI Representatives in order to get the Mining Event missions.

This is intended to create cooperation between different kinds of players.

Update: The Robot Data Fragments are Easter Mayhem exclusive but the Defense will also reward you for each stage you complete. The reward will increase the higher stage you are able to complete.

------

Combined with all other posts for me it seems to look like...

1) hunt for fragments in defense mode

2) trade in 1k fragments in to npc

3) mine or buy a mining strongbox ?? and then put all together ??

4) the schematic seems to be a blueprint where you then craft the item required

Did i get it correct now ??

Eddie

Last edited:
thx for posting...

i also read it then again with all pages and on page 4 ...our new Ma official darkaruki stated also :

--
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?310040-Easter-Mayhem-2019/page4

Just to clarify, the Robot Data Fragments are looted exclusively in the Mayhem Defense instance as a reward for surviving stages and are intended to be traded in to RDI Representatives in order to get the Mining Event missions.

This is intended to create cooperation between different kinds of players.

Update: The Robot Data Fragments are Easter Mayhem exclusive but the Defense will also reward you for each stage you complete. The reward will increase the higher stage you are able to complete.

------

Combined with all other posts for me it seems to look like...

1) hunt for fragments in defense mode

2) trade in 1k fragments in to npc

3) mine or buy a mining strongbox ?? and then put all together ??

4) the schematic seems to be a blueprint where you then craft the item required

Did i get it correct now ??

Eddie

1-3) yips indeed

4) That's what I've been thinking also but no idea

If you loot a print and need any help with crafting it, I can offer my skills to help.

did 2 myself
1st took 1.5 dclass amps with f105 to get the crate had 10ped pyrite
2nd took just over 2 dclass amps with f105 to get the crate and had 10ped probes

In my understanding, if you get one of the Schematics from a Cache Strongbox announced on the event, you can trade it in for that certain item at a representative. But I also thought it would be dropping unique blueprints as well but not seen or heard anything about that yet.

Ditto on what seems to be an average of D-class amps per box.

Larger amps don't really seem to help either. I like to try a level 13 amp from time to time, and didn't get anything on the one I tried recently. Low sample size or course, but if increasing the claim size beyond the 6 ped mark changed the likelihood, it would definitely be apparent with a level 13.

GZ on the find :)

What happends if you get that schematic if I may ask?

You have to turn in tons of materials to get real item from NPC.
for my item it's:
7500 basic screws
30k lysterium ingots
1406 root acid
6 generic nano adjusters
11666 robot filters
9000 animal eye oil

as a reward i will get adjusted refiner AND ~3k PED shrapnel

for my item it's:
7500 basic screws
30k lysterium ingots
1406 root acid
6 generic nano adjusters
11666 robot filters
9000 animal eye oil

So you have to pay to get the RDI components (either from hunters or in bad loot return from mayhem) to get the mission, then you have to pay by mining until you get the robot cache. Then you have to pay MA for a key to open the cache for a very low chance of getting a schematic. Then IF you are lucky enough to get one, you now have to pay more to get the item??? what kinda of shitty event is this?

what kinda of shitty event is this?

Very likely cheaper to buy one of the existing tools.
Thats just not the spirit, the goal of this event is to have one more in game, but thats costly :)

Very likely cheaper to buy one of the existing tools.
Thats just not the spirit, the goal of this event is to have one more in game, but thats costly :)

If you're mining, you're better off trying to sell the box for the 20-30 ped profit after buying data fragments. If I felt like gambling with boxes, the regular mining strongboxes are cheaper at least, otherwise you're paying near 50 ped extra plus the 10 ped from the key to get 10 ped of items.

That said, if you get one of those encoded schematics, it doesn't sound like a bad deal at that point in the process based on allarom's post:

for my item it's:
7500 basic screws
30k lysterium ingots
1406 root acid
6 generic nano adjusters
11666 robot filters
9000 animal eye oil

Unless I completely entered something wrong, you put in 3k an get back 3k shrapnell + the item. If I didn't mind going through 3k in equivalent in survey probes for a bit, I'd do that part. Paying the equivalent of 500-600% MU per box to open them though isn't something I plan to do after my first handful for fun though.

did 10 level 5 amps for 10 boxes, so 1 box per amp, opened all and got tt stuff...:mad::mad:

for my item it's:
7500 basic screws
30k lysterium ingots
1406 root acid
6 generic nano adjusters
11666 robot filters
9000 animal eye oil

Thank you very much for letting us know :)

Now I wonder if it's 3K peds for any other schematic :p

I also wonder if you can sell them, cause not everybody can come up with 3K peds or more

i'm hoping for completion of robot event from 2010 before 2020. all i want is to complete my optac armors. can we please get robot communication matrix, too. meh, i'm out, gl everyone.

Got to my mining box after 1 D-amp plus 6 drops on the second one.

Only going for ores. Didnt exactly how many claims, but I would say about 12claims over VII. I got it on a VIII while my biggest has been a XVII.

Not opened yet :D

Opened : 2 hyperstim 5mg and ammo....a waste :)

Last edited:
I got my box with 1x level 3 amp, the box popped when the amp was almost dead. Before the amp I tried unamped and had some amples and a couple of globals. But level 3 did it :)

Been mining for weeks now for this "mining" event with LVL 2 amp as usual, still no box ..... and doing minimum 500 drops / day ....

So wondering if any 1 got the mining box with lvl 2 or lower? or without amp?

Last edited:
Today was my lucky day !!!

After 3 weeks mining with amp 2 and amp2 Light (few K drops, sorry I lost count) I finally got that Robot cache box ...

Reactions: San
Opened 3 and all were bad.

... and it was full of universal ammo?

The box is for sale in my shop :p

I just tested it to see how long it would take to get that box with amp 2 lol and it was wayyyyyy to long :ahh:

The box is for sale in my shop :p

I just tested it to see how long it would take to get that box with amp 2 lol and it was wayyyyyy to long :ahh:

Yeah, all the boxes I looted were with a level 8 amp. Took about 15-20 finds before it dropped.

Back