Share System - Crystal Palace Space Station Shares

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

[h=3]Share System - Crystal Palace Space Station Shares[/h]In Entropia Universe update 16.3 the new Share Center was introduced which allows avatars to acquire shares in virtual companies and receive revenue in the form of dividends from estates controlled by those companies.
The first company to be listed on the new share exchange will be Crystal Palace Space Station, with shares available starting on Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 11:00 UTC.
Crystal Palace Space Station has been one of the most popular Planet Calypso hunting destinations since 2004 and features four biodomes with unique alien creatures.
Crystal Palace Space Station shares can be acquired via the new Share Center interface (accessed by right-clicking on the PED card), or in the Entropia Universe Webshop.

Share Information
  • Price per share: 10 PED
  • Total shares: 500,000
  • Revenue is generated from hunting activity in the four Crystal Palace biodomes (caves not included).
  • 95% of revenue is paid as dividends to shareholders.
  • 5% of revenue is allocated for fertilizer costs, event prizes, and other estate maintenance and improvements.
  • Dividends are distributed on Mondays at 00:00 UTC.
  • Minimum dividend payout is 1 PEC per share. If the payout per share is less than 1 PEC, the amount is carried over to the following week’s dividend.
  • The estate will be managed by the official avatar MindArk CrystalPalace Manager.
  • Tax rate in all biodomes will be set to 4.5%. This setting can potentially be voted on by shareholders in the future.
  • 2018 Crystal Palace revenue - 524,261.36 PED (average of approximately 10054.33 PED per week).

Additional Info
  • Crystal Palace shares will become tradable in the Version Update currently scheduled for mid September (approximately 120 days from initial sale).
  • The seller of the Crystal Palace shares is the current estate holder, Buzz Erik Lightyear.
  • Energized Fertilizer necessary to maintain creature spawns in the biodomes will be acquired on the normal auction at market prices by the MindArk CrystalPalace Manager avatar

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Shares (not deeds)

will they be tradable amongst players ?:confused:

*I will reserve my thoughts on this for now*

Last edited:
[*]Tax rate in all biodomes will be set to 4.5%. This setting can potentially be voted on by shareholders in the future.

I thought MA said no more promises we can't guarantee?? This is their typicall way of selling things to the playerbase... Unfinished stuff with the candy promises (remember housing, deeds? Insert any random thing here)
5% will be owned by MA for events and fertilizer. Suddenly Mindark cares about events in-game other than their own? Very skeptical about it.

Gratz tho buzz tho!

is fertiliser actually used/needed @ CP , I have never actually checked but ive never seen complaints about mob densities.

1. what about revenue from mining activity? will it be shared alongside hunting activity profits?
2. if not, how much revenue from 2018 was generated thru hunting and non-hunting activities?
3. how much hunting revenue was generated in 2018 from activities inside caves and outside caves?

Isnt the caves a part of CP ? :scratch2:

1. what about revenue from mining activity? will it be shared alongside hunting activity profits?
2. if not, how much revenue from 2018 was generated thru hunting and non-hunting activities?
3. how much hunting revenue was generated in 2018 from activities inside caves and outside caves?

you cant mine on CP ;)

Who is that invisible hero that cycles 2 mil ped weekly on CP outside of the caves?

It's ~200k turnover, not 2mil turnover, isn't it? And that would make sense with the FEN and the usual requirement for the Hive caves.

The turnover would be much higher if MA would extend the safe zone around the space station so you don't have to go in lootable PVP to get to and from Crystal Palace - probably shares would sell much faster and they would probably worth even more in years :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 2018 Crystal Palace revenue - 524,261.36 PED (average of approximately 10054.33 PED per week).

So that means...

~1005433 PECs per week -> 1005433 PECs / 500000 shares = ~2 PECs per week.

Therefore, ~1.04 PEDs per year and each share is priced at 10 PEDs.

Which means, about 9.62 years to get back original 10 PEDs, am I right?

----------------------------

No wait, I'm wrong....I forgot to factor in the 5% of revenue withheld. So....should take about 10.12 years.

Wonder how that would affect the prices of CLDs, AUDs and Ark Moon deeds now...:scratch2:

Last edited:
So that means...

i hope ur not right ;)

:)
Share Information
Please share more information :)

How about a few more [*] points to tell us things like:

[*] how we can sell shares once we have them - via AH or just a fixed offer, possibly time-unlimited and without fees from inside the share center?

[*] info about missions and progression to those who do not know, such as what it takes to get into caves and what they offer us

[*] I assume there is (still?) the 7 ped return to Caly via tp option, but it would be nice to know such stuff about what we are buying into.

OK, I guess the shares will sell out fairly fast anyway, assuming the shares can be traded or sold again, but I would imagine most people know very little about CP. (Noob smile ... is it one of those two rocks near Caly?)

The turnover would be much higher if MA would extend the safe zone around the space station so you don't have to go in lootable PVP to get to and from Crystal Palace - probably shares would sell much faster and they would probably worth even more in years :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes. I would love that! Who have lootables, if they move to there :)

I thought MA said no more promises we can't guarantee?? This is their typicall way of selling things to the playerbase... Unfinished stuff with the candy promises (remember housing, deeds? Insert any random thing here)

Agreed completely on this. Either do not make promises or make sure you fulfill them MA.

is fertiliser actually used/needed @ CP , I have never actually checked but ive never seen complaints about mob densities.

It always has been from what i know.

i hope ur not right ;)

He is.

Last edited:
Will the shares be tradeable immediately after purchase?

Are there any hidden transfer fees?

So that means...

----------------------------

No wait, I'm wrong....I forgot to factor in the 5% of revenue withheld. So....should take about 10.12 years.

Wonder how that would affect the prices of CLDs, AUDs and Ark Moon deeds now...:scratch2:

Current CLD return is ~8% ROI per year. So they've priced these to be slightly better than that based on 2018 numbers. These are priced at ~10% a year.

Current CLD return is ~8% ROI per year. So they've priced these to be slightly better than that based on 2018 numbers.

Don't forget these are more accessible then both cld and aud considering the 10 ped entry price point compared to 70 and 2000 ped for the others.

Basically 10% ROI/year under current conditions.
It's almost half of the ROI of CLD when they got launched and we don't know if CP will be attractive in the future.
Maybe if there are some events.

I'm a little bit worried about all the selling and shares/deeds. It all comes from the active player-base in the end.
What is their motivation to sell things for short term profit instead of going for long term?

I'm a little bit worried about all the selling and shares/deeds. It all comes from the active player-base in the end.

Not sure what you are worried about? It was previously going to 1 person ( buzz) and now being distributed within 1000's of players. How does that change anything to cause u worry?

Note that we gain value from non-caves hunting activity.
Presumably we won't get any profit from caves activity.
And if, in reality, say only 10% of hunting happens outside of the caves then we'd get 10x less revenue shared to put the breakeven time of over 100 years :)

Not to mention that events may be cave-only.

My advise would be not putting too much trust to what's promised as 3 consecutive big projects (statues, compet, ark moon) have failed in some manner

Note that we gain value from non-caves hunting activity.
Presumably we won't get any profit from caves activity.
And if, in reality, say only 10% of hunting happens outside of the caves then we'd get 10x less revenue shared to put the breakeven time of over 100 years :)

I'm guessing the revenue number is all from taxes, but I could be wrong..?

they buy the station to a player at an unknown price, add a fancy price with no real value + 5% of profit to make believe that someone will add fertilizer or event objects come from the pool loot :laugh::laugh:

the worst is that some are happy :dunce:

Please give us additional information about how we would sell our shares after purchase ?
That will be a big factor for me in deciding if I want to invest or not.

Back