Share System - Crystal Palace Space Station Shares

So how are the prices of CLD and AUD reacting to the CP shares?

I can't get in-game to look cause my PSU decided to suicide and take out my mobo together with it. :banghead:

Have buying for myself 324 Deeds :cool: We will see how the preform ;)

i wonder if the shares can be sold later ... its strange since we get no deeds

214k left.
So, no overnight sell out.

Hype slowed down significantally. Lets hope it doesnt end up with 30 K left like moon deeds.

They will all trickle out i think, at 10 peds most can be buying them with they daily / weekly deed payouts

Got my share of shares and then there were 204k left.

Listen, I don't want to come across as just spreading negativity here, but seriously....

by any standard this is a terrible ROI. Max potential at 10% out of the gate. There is very little to suggest CP will be doing something to increase value longer term. CP is a "niche" place here with relatively low activity any way. All signs point to, this can only get worse long term.

As others point out, there is absolutely no protection for the buyer here. Nothing to audit, you don't have a way to hold them accountable as with boards etc for actual investments. They can do whatever they want, with your money.

Personally, there is a zero percent chance I will invest in this for those reasons and many more.

The seller has 100% of the upside here. (and MA).

Just ask yourself the simple question of, what's in it for you?

But lets not forget that the loot tables and loot itself is dynamic - as long as there is incentive to make it more interesting in CP. This is why I am surprised hunting LA owners not freaking out about it, there are already 4 seasonal events instead of 2 luring hunters away regularly.
There is very little to suggest CP will be doing something to increase value longer term. CP is a "niche" place here with relatively low activity any way. All signs point to, this can only get worse long term.

As others point out, there is absolutely no protection for the buyer here. Nothing to audit, you don't have a way to hold them accountable as with boards etc for actual investments. They can do whatever they want, with your money.

Which share/deeds investment in EU has any sort of protection or accountability? Have you ever invested in any sort of shares/deeds in EU and if so pray tell what protection you got for your investment?

Personally, there is a zero percent chance I will invest in this for those reasons and many more.

There is zero chance you invest in EU anyways given your above requirements.

Seller and MA have an upside of course. Seller gets his peds and MA does too for developing an interface to make this a reality. Unless you code for free and/or are able to do so for MA on your own dime, let me know how else is MA supposed to add features in EU without passing on cost to the end user. If they make some profit on this, I say good for them cause I would rather they have funds and survive then die and everything we own here turns to 0 value.

Well let me start with some that come right out of my head

1. CLD/AUD trade @ < 8% ROI currently so 10% is a premium. This will translate at current ROI to a valuation if 12+ peds/deed to match AUD/CLD and considering that that this has lower entry point it can go up further.

2. I would like to support Mindark with a project where they have made effort to provide a system which is game changing and hopefully they can develop it into something useful. I do believe the share system is not just for CP and will have further applicability and the fact that they did not just make deeds out of it suggests that they plan to solve some of the issues we have with deeds sales etc.

Just my :twocents:

This is any differnt from the game it self? You buy a hanger for space travel, then down the road they obsolete. You
buy a stable thinking it will be connected to compets, no. You buy MS with hope they have delivery missions, no. Anything you invest in this game is a gamble, MA is god.

One year of data is really not enough to make any kind of valuation guesses.

A lot changed/happened last year, including the FEN event, which pushed a LOT of hunters to CP. That revenue number can be very deceptive. I'm sure MA has previous data.

Or we're all just fine buying all the shares without more info. :dunno:

I think the CP revenue will be surprisingly successful. CP is one of those places that always has that allure, at some point most players go there for some hunting. Or at least aspire to take on the mobs there, I always remember my first trip to CP, it's one of those moments you don't forget.

Now CP is back under the MA management umbrella they have all the will of the Gods to make it work. They helped Buzz back in the day by dropping Arso III chips there, so given MA do use their 5% for some events or further CP development then the future does have potential.

Look at like this Compet deeds still sell in the auction, even though MA shut off the Compet servers now. So it's going to be pretty easy to resell CP deeds/shares, a local moon right next to Caly. Lets remember you can TP down to Caly with loot for a small TP fee, so flying there empty is no real issue.

Like all shares as long as it's possible to sell them for the purchase price, then an investor has benefited from any income during the period a player held them.

CP has good missions that pay decent rewards (assuming its not changed), plus to access the caves a player needs to complete the 5K aurli mission.

Sure $500K is more than the original $330K price tag (if my memory serves me correctly), although considering the CP is now split to deeds the premium isn't that bad to justify that.

Investors too have a self-interest to visit CP more often, there's that kind of warm feeling when you own a little bit of the LA.

Sometimes I wonder if only I had another 200 peds at times to push over that loot barrier to trigger the waited loot. Deeds can be very useful in that regard, it swallows part of MA's cut from your hunting loot. In essence pulling down the deed/share income could just be what's needed to get back in the black. Potentially that can save some deposits, if you manage your ped card correctly and hunting style.

I actually think that if CP was extra busy MA would've sold it for much more, did Buzz pay MA to put in the caves or redesign the original CP domes? I don't know, but CP has had more money spent on it than when it was first bought, even if activity appears down from some years ago.

Maybe the sale is just the medicine the palace needed.

Some are speculating on 10 year full return, I wouldn't be surprised if players got their investment back in 3-5 years max. If someone bought 5K peds worth of shares ($500), that's a decent amount of playing peds, when it's fully returned.

Sure Ma haven't got everything right lately, but CP is built, live and a popular visiting hunting place. I think risks are small.

Rick

Too bad this wasn't the option for the compet deed turn in...

Listen, I don't want to come across as just spreading negativity here, but seriously....

by any standard this is a terrible ROI. Max potential at 10% out of the gate. There is very little to suggest CP will be doing something to increase value longer term. CP is a "niche" place here with relatively low activity any way. All signs point to, this can only get worse long term.

Well, if it's equally bad as CLD's then I'll take the gamble.
But thanks for the worries.

160k left.

Last edited:

So why you do it ?

Well if CP shares develop as bad as CLDs and AUDs, damn then I have not invested enough into it yet.
Sadly I have no free money left atm, and very likely all shares will be all gone when I have more money to invest even more than I already did :)

I wouldn't be surprised if players got their investment back in 3-5 years max.

IF people can sell their shares as of September, presumably at 10 or more peds, then that is their investment returned there and then. There is no 10-year or whatever ROI on an investment that keeps the invested amount alive, like savings in a bank, or even which increases in value (future market share price). You simply sell/withdraw what you put in plus any interest.
Those people calculating ten years or so actually mean the time to double the money it seems to me....

Rick, if you think people will be maybe getting that in 3-5 years, then I assume you mean a mix of good payouts, compound interest and an increase in the share value as well. That could be, for example, payouts at around 10% a year, plus the value per share going up to 14 peds or so and aiming at 5 years.
I think that is probably already pushing expectations, however, but my expectations are not too far from that for a doubling of initial capital...
Good luck everyone, we will see!

There is clearly tremendous demand, only 160K left and moving fast. So large part of the investment returnswill indeed be from capital appreciation in secondary market once tradign is enabled. The yield is likely to be in the 10% range, which is OK, and like with CLD can buy more deeds with that:)

I don't understand why so many people are complaining about MA making a profit off of the sale?

Are you serious? Do you want them to work for free? How long do you think that will last?

They will keep 5% to manage it. I say, good for them. It's better than letting 1000 investors trying to make a collective decision and having MA tell us to F-off.

Most of us have a #@%^ Ton of money invested in this game. MA had better make a profit. Otherwise the game will not succeed and we will all go to zero.

All of the haters had better change their tone imo...

I have buying 400 Shares, its a investment in a game i love. How the preform we see in the Future... :cool:

This is a great investment opportunity, even if they do half as bad as CLDs have.
At their low price point, they can easily double in price.
I invested in the initial release of CLDs and it was one of the best investments I've made in game.
Every ped I make will be invested into these shares until they sell out.
There will be a lot more turn over on CP from this day forth, as many will have invested interests there.

Priest, what have you invested in Entropia other than an Equus to prey on defenseless travelers in space? ;)

Last edited:
hmmm my maths say it should come out to about 0.019ped per day... if that's true then for 10ped each they are a steal... but I have my doubts that the numbers presented are true averages.

1 - they don't specify that income is from non-cave zones of CP which is a huge factor

2 - it's 2018, and as someone pointed out earlier FEN event brought a load of hunters to CP because the mobs are perfect for getting the tokens.

That said, for 10ped each I'll take the risk, and with how fast they are selling if the payouts aren't nice enough should be easy to resell them at a higher price because of the hype around them at the moment.

Priest, what have you invested in Entropia other than an Equus to prey on defenseless travelers in space? ;)

hey hey... be nice, he only goes for the defenseless ones because he cant aim well enough to fight the few non-pirate space pvp'ers

:nutkick:

hmmm my maths say it should come out to about 0.019ped per day... if that's true then for 10ped each they are a steal... but I have my doubts that the numbers presented are true averages...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the projection is 0.019 per week not per day.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the projection is 0.019 per week not per day.

lol ya my bad, per week not day.

but still for 10ped share (0.019 week) vs 70ped AUD (0.07 week) its still very very tempting. Just dont know if I trust the averages MA put out since they kind of have a bad track record with me and trust lol

That said, for 10ped each I'll take the risk, and with how fast they are selling if the payouts aren't nice enough should be easy to resell them at a higher price because of the hype around them at the moment.
If it lasts until september. They are not tradable until then.

Picked up a few... I still need to finish out that Kreltin 10k ;) Got a little help along the way now I guess.

Just over 50K shares left...

Just saw that myself,

Sell out over the weekend i think

Back