Cleptomaniac Profession suggestion

yourmadwife

Hatchling
To increase satisfaction of cleptomaniac runs across the planet I suggest to make it rewardable with something like forager profession. It may have no any other skills or attributes instead of how sweat gatherer profession contains a lot of usefull things for new players, just to not ruin current skills and attributes level up system (because as a noob, I don't know what exactly lacks or what is overpowered, so I cannot suggest to put something regular in Cleptomaniac Profession like Agility or Athletics or Serendipity). Let there will be NO mechanically useful skills in it at all, but reward a player with green numbers to increase satisfaction and a profession which player can choose to demonstrate. Lets say this profession may contain separated skills for picking fruits (forager?) rocks (scavenger?) dang (manure gatherer?) something to reflect collecting free spawning resources like crude oil cans and.. ones I found one oil residue from sort of a tree-palm on the beach near Athena Spaceport, so maybe some skill may reflect it too probably?
D5r4roT
Y8bd0dR

There is atleast five different possible new skills which may contain this profession. They must be all unchipable & useless mechanically just like Sweat Gatherer skill shows how person enjoying to do it, how much time he already spent by doing it and how hard he is unwilling to depo in;).

I am not sure if devoting developmental resources to provide more content for players that do not deposit is a smart or viable move. Already there are increased expenses due to needing to maintain a larger amount of servers to accommodate the leach players that do absolutely nothing to contribute to the game. If anything MA needs to find ways to push these players out as they are nothing more than a drain on the rest of the player base by crashing the sweat/fruit/stone/dung market to the point that they have. There was a time when your average depositor player was able to get a nice little reward for stopping to pick up fruit/stone/dung in the course of their hunting/mining. But now, it’s not worth the time to stop because the freeloaders have destroyed the value of these items.

No, no more content for these players.

MA needs to find ways to push these players out as they are nothing more than a drain on the rest of the player base by crashing the sweat/fruit/stone/dung market to the point that they have

It was possible to find things only by walking, but MA choosed to let things appear while running too. You say MA needs to push such players out, maybe they did such decision to devaluate this market to make it become overfilled with offers, so prices drop, so they earn even less by founding larger amount of stuff. I count as so-so punishing that fruit-runners have their graphic settings on very low, to remove such graphical obstacles like grass.

Last edited:
To increase satisfaction of cleptomaniac runs across the planet I suggest to make it rewardable with something like forager profession. It may have no any other skills or attributes instead of how sweat gatherer profession contains a lot of usefull things for new players, just to not ruin current skills and attributes level up system (because as a noob, I don't know what exactly lacks or what is overpowered, so I cannot suggest to put something regular in Cleptomaniac Profession like Agility or Athletics or Serendipity). Let there will be NO mechanically useful skills in it at all, but reward a player with green numbers to increase satisfaction and a profession which player can choose to demonstrate. Lets say this profession may contain separated skills for picking fruits (forager?) rocks (scavenger?) dang (manure gatherer?) something to reflect collecting free spawning resources like crude oil cans and.. ones I found one oil residue from sort of a tree-palm on the beach near Athena Spaceport, so maybe some skill may reflect it too probably?
D5r4roT
Y8bd0dR

There is atleast five different possible new skills which may contain this profession. They must be all unchipable & useless mechanically just like Sweat Gatherer skill shows how person enjoying to do it, how much time he already spent by doing it and how hard he is unwilling to depo in;).
Sounds like an effective way to escalate immersion. When one is more fully immersed in a game, one tends to spend on it.

The notion of fruit finder related profession/skills segues into the notion of achievements related to found items. I'll suggest one: Imperial Pooper Scooper (picked up 30k Common Dung). Other achievement name brainstorms off the bat include Fruit Bat and Fruitier Than You.

The free items in this game hardly effects mindark at all, the only people it effects is other players looking to buy or use these resources.

99% of the paying players started for free, it is a free to play game after all, it is very unlikely a player will deposit right from the start knowing the game is free, which allows them to test if they like the game or not before depositing.

What is needed more than more free content, is the uses of the free content in blueprints and refinements. More demand for these items.

The fundemental aspect of the free items is to allow new players to play and earn a way to test the pay elements, not off the cost of MindArks back, but off of the cost of supply and demands, and the time taken to get these items vs the time not willing to spend to get the item.

I do not understand the issue with the free play element in entropia as a depositer, people say sweaters are leeches, but at the end of the day, someone is willing to pay not not stand around all day and sweat, if they wasn't payed, they would not do it.

To say a sweater is a leech is like saying any person who has ever gathered something for someone is a leach. It is not like they can magically turn sweat/fruit/stones/dung in ped, that's comes about from people wanting to buy it!

And on top of that, if you think about is... no one is withdrawing what they earn from selling these free items, most of these players earn to play, putting it right back into a the system.

More gameplay contents is always better, more gameplay does not mean less ped, it means more you can do simply put.

At the same time I do not agree with pointless skills, it is needless variables, meaning more data to be sent, meaning more chance of lag. If something needs to be added let it have a use, lots of uses, many many uses lol.

I am no fan of useless skills. They could also remove Sweat Gather skill as it does nothing and contributes to nothing useable, as Sweat Gatherer Proffession does nothing aswell.

We dont need more of it.

Furthermore I would like to see that skills do something directly and not only contribute to a proffession.

Back