Knowing where to hunt next

kraank

Mature
Hello!
My question is how do i know where to hunt? What do i look for? Monsterlevel etc? Any specific numbers or anything
Back from a break and want to find new stuff to hunt. I just finished the 5000 Longu for mission reward

Health: 122
Dmg: 33 Ranged laser
Hit: 33
Evader: 13

I have around 500-2500 PED to move around for getting armors etc if needed for spec mobs

This link is useful guide to what and where, levels , damage type and rewards. Though check things out as some info now out of date.
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Mission
Can also select specific planet in drop downs

However.. why do you want to do next hunt ? :scratch2:
Loot with good MU, mission skill rewards, or to get specific loot for crafting project ?
Unless you just grind for the hell of it these are some of the few things you need to consider.

Also do you wear armour, how high is your dodge/evade, what is your weapon of choice

If evade dodge is low I would suggest something you can kill unarmoured and preferably in close combat to get those skills up, check out mission rewards for this also.

Lastly try a few for say 30 mins just to see if you like hunting them or hate it.. at the end of the day we are here to have fun :yay:

This link is useful guide to what and where, levels , damage type and rewards. Though check things out as some info now out of date.

Loot with good MU, mission skill rewards, or to get specific loot for crafting project ?
Unless you just grind for the hell of it these are some of the few things you need to consider.

Also do you wear armour, how high is your dodge/evade, what is your weapon of choice

If evade dodge is low I would suggest something you can kill unarmoured and preferably in close combat to get those skills up, check out mission rewards for this also.

Lastly try a few for say 30 mins just to see if you like hunting them or hate it.. at the end of the day we are here to have fun :yay:

Great advice there! :wise:

I am curious to know what mob he chose and how he did..Good Luck! :wtg:

Granny Rowan clueless as usual.

To OP:
Your absolutely number one priority is to not go broke. Obvious right? So lets move forward with that in mind:

Unless you have an ultra eco fap its alot cheaper to use armor than fap. "Investing" in dodge/evade is pointless for you with your budget. Dont worry you'll still get them up just slightly slower.

Again with your bankroll in mind: Do not lean toward a mob just because its a mission mob with a skill reward you like. Skills will come for "free" aslong as you dont go broke, top priority remember.

Now once we corrected that horrible previous advice lets actually answer your question:

Whenever you want to evaluate a mob you should have a few criterias in mind:

1. Can I grind them enough?
This is easy to figure out, unless you cant "endure" at the very least a few days of bad TT volume loot while hunting them you should not grind them. Preferably longer ofcourse but thats not always possible in the beginning with an extremely low budget.

2. Can I grind them effeciently?
Im hoping this is obvious but I'll just add it just incase. If you have to spend 3 death trips and way too long healing you are simply too weak for them. The faster you kill something the better. Dont be afraid to hunt "under your level".
While we're at the topic let me just add: You are not nearly as restricted by your levels as you are by your budget.

3. What is the average markup of said mob?
Spend a few hours grinding them, tally up the whole loot and figure out what the average markup on all of the loot. Is it enough to cover your expected TT loss?

If a mob checks all three boxes then its a good mob to grind. If its on a mission thats just a bonus. You should constantly be on the lookout for mobs that have potential.
Check common loots and their MU to have an idea of what mob to have your eyes on. Pick one of them and conduct a test hunt.

Tip: Make sure to take notice what multipliers are made up of, other than shrapnel.

I'll give you an example of how to eye a mob before deciding to test it, I'll pick everyones favorite Kerberos I suppose:

Expected loot:
Muscle oil. 105-106% currently.
Fine Wool. 120% currently. Decent droprate.
And so on.

Lets say your average TT return overall is 95% with your setup, can you cover that 5% with the markup?
Kerberos verdict: Honestly not too bad at the moment.

There are better mobs out there if you look closely however.

There you go. But ofcourse, all this is pointless if you just want to deposit and shoot mindlessly. Which is fine, aslong as you enjoy what you do. This is just from the point of view of someone who wants to "challenge" the game.

Oh and last tip and this is an important one: Alot of people on this forum are entirely clueless but talks like they know it all. They feel they are good at the game because they've paid their way to advance for years and will continue to pay. They are actually hurting the game with their mindblowngly dumb posts.
One easy way to spot them: If anyone says "Its impossible to profit in this game" you can automatically assume they arent worth taking advice from beyond absolute basic mechanics.

Maybe I'm one of them. Maybe I'm not. Its your job to figure out who's who. An important skill to learn.

Great advise as always. You definitely know what you are talking about (unlike some others around here..)

twerking at ola 40 atrox paradise works best
rewards for every global and shy gets paid for every song he twerks

Back