FYI: pick up doesn't exist any more... so some items get trapped in estates!

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Since the pick up action in action library no longer exists some interactable items like Christmas Lanterns, Lights, Fireplaces, signs, even the new Santa Lurker Plushies cannot be picked up after being placed in an estate because the Interact button that normally would pick item up only turns the item 'on' or 'off'... so items now get stuck in estate. This whole new camera system has totally wrecked estates imho. First there was the click on anything with right or left button picks stuff up, now there's this stuck in estate junk...

Hopefully they can get this type of stuff fixed soon.

Yes, I do know support can move stuff for us from estate, but that's a very weak workaround, and makes maintaining an estate a lot harder than it used to be. Being able to accurately place lighting IS what interior decorating in this game is all about. If you cannot light it right since you cannot place the lights right it's annoying as hell.

Last edited:
Also I can't sit on my damn couch on my apartment.... interact picks it up!! :eyecrazy:

So damn retarded to remove useful actions for no apparent reason.

They should add back pick up actions!

try if this works: keep right click held for few seconds then select pick up or sit down?

try if this works: keep right click held for few seconds then select pick up or sit down?

yep, it works, you are right... got my secondary mouse to do it. primary mouse is too jittery so I suspect I wasn't waiting long enough with main mouse due to that jitteryness. Pain to wait 2 seconds or whatever it is to get the pop up menu, but it's there after you left click if you wait long enough.

On the plus side, 'hang in air' trick still works... so camera system didn't completely break this 'feature' like I thought it did. Also I think they fixed it a little by making left click not pick up automatically, just right click.

Working on rearranging the apartments a bit more. Still not sure exactly that I like it but it's going somewhere.

Double left click.

Works with Version 16.3.1.

Back