Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Daniel DannyO Ocean
    Society
    Dark Knights
    Images

Efficency & Dpp - Latest Buzz Words

As an old school player, who has always picked my armours and weapons to suit the mobs I want to hunt, I was quite surprised recently when a society mate enquired about one of these new guns from a reseller, and was quoted somewhere in the region of 110k for the gun, the reseller offered a crazy low price for his HG, even though his HG had about an extra 30 dps.

Now I fully understand the new buzz words in the game are efficiency and DPP, but if these new weapons are low tiered and don't offer the same DPS as your existing weapon, why would you want to pay all that money for the lower DPS, making it harder to kill the mobs you want to kill.

When I looked on Wiki compare, the buyer of the A&P Series Mayhem BC-80, Augmented would have to tier it up to t6 or t7 just to get the same DPS as my society mate is currently getting.

I might be wrong, but I understand these new weapons are not cheap to tier up either.

So if my society mate bought the A&P Series Mayhem BC-80, Augmented from the reseller for the 110k, and was given 40k for his HG that makes an extra 70k investment in the new gun. If my society mate has to tier up the A&P Series Mayhem BC-80, Augmented 3 or 4 times to get the same DPS as he had on his HG, that might cost him 15 to 25k (estimated guess ) - So his total new investment would be 80 to 95k just to get the same DPS.

So my question is, how many hours, days, weeks, months would he need to hunt to not only recover the 80 to 95k he invested in the new gun, but actually start to get a return on his investment?

It just doesn't make logical sense to me!
    Quotes from England's Finest......... Sir Winston Churchill
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    “It’s not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what’s required.”

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Daniel DannyO Ocean
    Society
    Dark Knights
    Images
    The A&P Series Mayhem BC-80, Augmented at T10 is only 3.5 more DPS than my current gun, so no I certainly would wanna buy a t3 gun and have all the tiering cost just to get a marginal increase.

Also what i can understand, is if these new weapons are so great, why are so many for sale?

Guess its good for all those talking it up and trying to line their pockets while the stock value is high...… but I guess reality will kick in at some stage!!
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.”

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sub-Zero The Killer
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Higher effiency gives you better overall tt return.
    Higher dpp allows you to kill more mobs for the same amount of ped (cheaper missions, more potential globals/hofs since you kill more for the same ped).

While I agree that the tier costs on these high effiency items are just insane, it may be justified if you cycle enough peds.

I have currently an LR-40 Fen edition tier 2.9 with 75 dps, 3.220 dpp 78.3 effiency with alpha amp and augmented ares. I personally can't justify paying 6k+ ped in tier costs for tiering this gun to tier 3. Too little dps gain.

I can never hope to get back such insane tier costs if I ever decide to sell my gun.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyO View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now I fully understand the new buzz words in the game are efficiency and DPP
    Important mechanics of the game =/= buzzwords.

BC-80 augmented w/modevil Vs. versus Mod Merc SGA w/hc204.

Using the BC-80 will allow you to roughly save 0.98% TT.

Each 500k ped cycled will allow you to save 4900 ped.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    88.0% efficiency is pretty top notch for the A&P Series Mayhem BC-80 Augmented.

A player only needs to find another 12% to match the official MA marco gun and potentially play for free. It makes a huge difference if a player has all the top end attachments to get the best from the weapon.

Nice weapon for sure, I'm not going to get into the realms of pricing becasue the game has proven over the last decade that weapons do not hold their valuations very well. Unless of course MA have reached their limit of efficiency. It's a risk to consider.

If the guy does buy the weapon, I hope it work out for them.

Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    What was weird nobody paid for lp 100 t6 , to get it at t6 with the current price of opals is crazy cheap t0 gun

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Daniel DannyO Ocean
    Society
    Dark Knights
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    Important mechanics of the game =/= buzzwords.

BC-80 augmented w/modevil Vs. versus Mod Merc SGA w/hc204.

Using the BC-80 will allow you to roughly save 0.98% TT.

Each 500k ped cycled will allow you to save 4900 ped.
    So by your calculations you would have to cycle 500k x 18.36 times (9,183,673.46 ped) to just recover the 90k cost of the upgrade?

So once you have cycled just over 9 million peds, you will then save 4900 ped on each future 500k peds cycled.

OMG that's 5000 ped a day, for the next 1836.73 days (5 years just to recoup the cost of the upgrade) and then after another 100 days of cycling 5000 ped a day I will save 4900 ped…………..

just crazy...……..

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    João Bustle Pedro
    Society
    Utopia
    Images
    yes and after all those days you still have a tier X gun should you decide to sell which if you are in a hurry and sell for the tier cost only you still don't loose.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Janko SuperKanjo vd Haak
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
    Higher dpp allows you to kill more mobs for the same amount of ped (cheaper missions, more potential globals/hofs since you kill more for the same ped).
    Also higher DPP gives a better quality loot, meaning less shrapnel more (potential) MU loot
    Account Created 2006-03-03

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyO View Post
    So by your calculations [...]
    For this to work you need to do your own calculations as it's all a matter of perspective because in the end, only after you've added up all your variables, time, money, mobs, budget, expectations etc, only you decide if it's worth it or not, imo.

Personally I cycled almost 2 million peds during the FEN event. For me, 1% tt return would have been ~20k PEDs.
    Everyone draws their conclusion...

Twitch channel
    | EntropiaLife profile | PM for "Eve's mod fap fen service" | Face masks

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast