Stalker
Society
Dark Knights
Daniel DannyO Ocean
Deleted...…….

Last edited:
Deleted...…….

Last edited:
Higher effiency gives you better overall tt return.
Higher dpp allows you to kill more mobs for the same amount of ped (cheaper missions, more potential globals/hofs since you kill more for the same ped).

While I agree that the tier costs on these high effiency items are just insane, it may be justified if you cycle enough peds.

I have currently an LR-40 Fen edition tier 2.9 with 75 dps, 3.220 dpp 78.3 effiency with alpha amp and augmented ares. I personally can't justify paying 6k+ ped in tier costs for tiering this gun to tier 3. Too little dps gain.

I can never hope to get back such insane tier costs if I ever decide to sell my gun.

Now I fully understand the new buzz words in the game are efficiency and DPP

Important mechanics of the game =/= buzzwords.

BC-80 augmented w/modevil Vs. versus Mod Merc SGA w/hc204.

Using the BC-80 will allow you to roughly save 0.98% TT.

Each 500k ped cycled will allow you to save 4900 ped.

88.0% efficiency is pretty top notch for the A&P Series Mayhem BC-80 Augmented.

A player only needs to find another 12% to match the official MA marco gun and potentially play for free. It makes a huge difference if a player has all the top end attachments to get the best from the weapon.

Nice weapon for sure, I'm not going to get into the realms of pricing becasue the game has proven over the last decade that weapons do not hold their valuations very well. Unless of course MA have reached their limit of efficiency. It's a risk to consider.

If the guy does buy the weapon, I hope it work out for them.

Rick

What was weird nobody paid for lp 100 t6 , to get it at t6 with the current price of opals is crazy cheap t0 gun

yes and after all those days you still have a tier X gun should you decide to sell which if you are in a hurry and sell for the tier cost only you still don't loose.

Higher dpp allows you to kill more mobs for the same amount of ped (cheaper missions, more potential globals/hofs since you kill more for the same ped).

Also higher DPP gives a better quality loot, meaning less shrapnel more (potential) MU loot

So by your calculations [...]

For this to work you need to do your own calculations as it's all a matter of perspective because in the end, only after you've added up all your variables, time, money, mobs, budget, expectations etc, only you decide if it's worth it or not, imo.

Personally I cycled almost 2 million peds during the FEN event. For me, 1% tt return would have been ~20k PEDs.
Everyone draws their conclusion...

Deleted...…….

Last edited:
Its pretty normal for a reseller to offer a really low amount for your current weapon and then charge you an arm and a leg for the weapon you want. Maybe look at not using a reseller. Or buy a non-tiered one from someone who has won mayhem and has enough tokens and then don't tier it (as they cost alot to tier at the moment)

As Evey said though, you need to do your own calculation. It would also not be worth it if your a casual player....just have the 3% less TT return or whatever it works out to be.

Buzz's latest word was 'sold.'

picard-facepalm.jpg

Buzz's latest word was 'sold.'

OMG that's 5000 ped a day, for the next 1836.73 days (5 years just to recoup the cost of the upgrade) and then after another 100 days of cycling 5000 ped a day I will save 4900 ped…………..

just crazy...……..

Considering CP deeds have a 10 year payoff, and other items have a general 7 year payback, that is not bad for "part timin' it" - According to EVE, rightfully. ;)

…………...……

And that is assuming that MA doesn't come up with another set of "new" guns, in those 5 years, which could potentially "devalue" that gun....

So no, don't believe those that said that you can just sell it back for whatever you've bought it for after you're done using it.

And that is assuming that MA doesn't come up with another set of "new" guns, in those 5 years, which could potentially "devalue" that gun....

So no, don't believe those that said that you can just sell it back for whatever you've bought it for after you're done using it.

well you should be able to get some back. i agree with op though. most items are crazy mu. i don't get where the second layer of crazy buyers is coming from. so some people are nuts for dibs on rares but when does the hype wear off the mu. i think the original buyer should eat the peds loss and shame and let the guns come out to us normies. cheaper ffs. er, well you normies. :)

Yes its true ubers are spending all their money on all the UL guns only to pretend to have them for sale at ridiculous prices just to troll the normies :)

Isn't it the same thing as the IMKII in the olden day?
You buy a gun in hopes of profiting.
Only a few differences:
1. Does the current MA allow anyone to profit or break even?
2. What prevents them to have even better guns next event
3. is efficiency/eco the determining factor in beating the system and profit/break even?

In the end I wouldn't pay that crazy amount of MU for a gun or any item in game that aren't deeds.
But I am a casual player and my time is both limited and valuable.

Deleted...…….

Last edited:
don't you pick your armour and weapons so that you can hunt the mobs that you want to hunt? So why would you purchase a weapon that is low tiered and has considerably less DPS, which then makes it hard for you to hunt the mobs you want too?

This is a very interesting question, for me personally it's a little more complicated.

I have chosen a weapon that suits my level, my bankroll and playstyle i prefer and i choose mobs based on the weapon. That saying, i did already take the possible mobs i can hunt in consideration when choosing this gun.

For me eff and dpp is leading, and i adapt my hunting to that.

I have chosen a weapon that suits my level, my bankroll and playstyle i prefer and i choose mobs based on the weapon.

Precisely same. If I'd happen to lay my hands on a weapon with significantly greater Efficiency but less dps, I would scale down accordingly.

Such a very good weapon is perfect for shared mobs like sandking, and the 90k investment will be covered by just 10 full TT ESIs.
You definately increase your chance to loot this full TT Esis from sandking using this weapon, so the return of investment might be a lot faster than your calculation.

Beside that, you have better chance to win in events, thats another source of income, which speed up the return of investment.

If it really works, well try and error. If no try you wont find out.

Even if its value goes down by 50% in 5-6 years, its still a lot of money you can recover from reselling the gun the day you upgrade to next gun, what you definately will do sooner or later.

I wouldn´t expect to get the same what I have paid for, I always would expect a devaluation of at least 50-60%.

Last edited:
I am not disputing the facts about efficiency and DPP on the new items, I was purely stating that to recover the costs of the investment you are looking at an extremely long period of time, and there is ofc no guarantee that bigger or better items might come out in the future, thus devaluing your weapon.

Also, as I already stated, don't you pick your armour and weapons so that you can hunt the mobs that you want to hunt? So why would you purchase a weapon that is low tiered and has considerably less DPS, which then makes it hard for you to hunt the mobs you want too?

The prices people ask for a weapon is their choice, the prices people pay is their choice, it just doesn't add up to me!

Like I and others said. It's a matter of perspective. And it's the exact same thing with the IMK2 6-8 years ago when they used to be sales at 150-200k PED. I remember in 2016, not even 100k PED could find you an imk2 for sale. And they were owned by all types of hunters, inactive to uber active. They, in most cases, did not made enough profit to pay for themselves, but they did quote a bit.

These days it's a matter of how much you loose if you hunt and use trash equipment. these days equipment helps you loose less while you do something else (farm MU/skill up/boost a LA's ROI :D - whatever your main goal is).

Getting a good gun allows you to hunt anything, from mid level to end game. Just look at smilgs, he's killing mulcibers atm with a level 70 weapon. So it's actually the other way around, you get gear that makes sense for the widest variety of activities you usually do, like your current setup - you can hunt anything you want with your weapon and armor+HP+healing. How efficient you are with your equipment - that's a different story and only you can decide what budget you throw at it.
It took me a split of a second to decide, when presented with the opportunity, to get a LP70FEN. It made sense for me. It has to make sense for you, regardless of the ROI and other variables....

Such a very good weapon is perfect for shared mobs like sandking, and the 90k investment will be covered by just 10 full TT ESIs.
You definately increase your chance to loot this full TT Esis from sandking using this weapon, so the return of investment might be a lot faster than your calculation.

Beside that, you have better chance to win in events, thats another source of income, which speed up the return of investment.

If it really works, well try and error. If no try you wont find out.

Where does this BS come from? There's obviously no such thing. Full TT ESIs are super rare and have nothing to do with the weapon used/dpp/dps/efficiency.

Where does this BS come from? There's obviously no such thing. Full TT ESIs are super rare and have nothing to do with the weapon used/dpp/dps/efficiency.

:lolup: Direct and to the point. That's why I love you Evey!

If this is an attempt to reply to the above two (3?) posts, you're absolutely wrong. DPP overall, input into a mob, determines that mobs ability to provide a larger balance of non-shrapnel items to shrapnel ratio, bottoming at providing 0.01 shrap and the remaining portion of loot being non-shrap. This is all that DPP affects.

If the SK never had an ESI in it, you're not looting one even with Marco gun.

Additionally, shared loot is another factor to bring to this equation. The only thing that determines your loot at shared loot, as proven by a current Mindark employee is input and efficiency based ONLY.

Say your SK had 1000 ped potential spleen oil.

Say you had 20x people using BC-80 and thus making the overall DPP of the kill much lower. With these guns & DPP, it is more than likely you will achieve maximum stackable potential (no shrap overwrite). and get all 1k ped spleen distributed to the people killing.

Say you had 1 person with BC-80 and 19 with Swine DLX, DPP will be so low that everyone will get 100% shrap. BC-80 shooter won't magically obtain spleen that has been overwritten on a mob basis just because they personally have high DPP.

Editing and including a post from below to clarify:

Respectfully, I don't think you understand fully how shared loot works now. Prior to loot 2.0 shared loot changes you would be correct. However, it no longer works like that.

Incorrect as well. 1.0 or 2.0, you wouldn't have a better chance at ESI. Higher DPP allowed you to TT profit at shared loot because loot was still damage based, rather than input only.

Last edited:

Edited based on Slyks feedback. I was incorrect in regards to loot pre-shared loot changes.

Above post

In the event on this specific gun, there are other alternative weapons which would be more well suited for events strictly which cost less than the base value of the gun. Sadly as it stands, loot 2.0 weapons cost more to go from T1-10 than the base value of the gun. To get a loot 2.0 weapon into an event ready status, costs a lot of time and money. The gun, tier costs and then the ped required to tier it all adds up really quick.

Last edited:
If this is an attempt to reply to the above two (3?) posts, you're absolutely wrong. DPP overall, input into a mob, determines that mobs ability to provide a larger balance of non-shrapnel items to shrapnel ratio, bottoming at providing 0.01 shrap and the remaining portion of loot being non-shrap. This is all that DPP affects.

If the SK never had an ESI in it, you're not looting one even with Marco gun.

Additionally, shared loot is another factor to bring to this equation. The only thing that determines your loot at shared loot, as proven by a current Mindark employee is input and efficiency based ONLY.

Say your SK had 1000 ped potential spleen oil.

Say you had 20x people using BC-80 and thus making the overall DPP of the kill much lower. With these guns & DPP, it is more than likely you will achieve maximum stackable potential (no shrap overwrite). and get all 1k ped spleen distributed to the people killing.

Say you had 1 person with BC-80 and 19 with Swine DLX, DPP will be so low that everyone will get 100% shrap. BC-80 shooter won't magically obtain spleen that has been overwritten on a mob basis just because they personally have high DPP.

Based on all the reading that I have done as well as having owned and used MANY loot 2.0 weapons. I strongly believe that as it currently stands shared loot/team hunting is simply cost in cost out. That DPP and Eff don't play a factor as it currently stands.

This is one thing I would love to see addressed a little more in depth by MA to clarify it.

Does Eff/DPP impact the groups (shared or teams) hunting returns?
How is the owner of a loot 2.0 weapon impacted in groups (shared or team)?

If 3 players go out and hunt:
Player 1 has 0% eff & 2.0 dpp
player 2 has 50% eff & 2.75 dpp
player 3 has 100% eff & 3.5 dpp
Average: 50% eff and 2.75 DPP

Q1) Will each players loot be individual to their respective DPP/EFF?
If the answer to Q1 is no
Q2) Will the return of the creature be averaged so it would be essentially as if you killed it with 50% eff and 2.75dpp
If the answer to Q2 is no
Q3) Is group hunting (shared/team) returns simply cost in cost out with no regard to DPP/Eff?

If Q2 is the result, then it would mean that the higher your eff and dpp you're being negatively impacted (a previous term would be leached off of) as you're not seeing the true potential of your weapon.

Sure you're "helping" the group, however that's not the point of my post. I'm looking at it strictly as an investor into a "high end" item.

#walloftext

Back