PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71
  1. #11
    Prowler DannyO's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    England, South of London
    Avatar
    Daniel DannyO Ocean
    Society
    Dark Knights
    Posts
    1,382
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For this to work you need to do your own calculations as it's all a matter of perspective because in the end, only after you've added up all your variables, time, money, mobs, budget, expectations etc, only you decide if it's worth it or not, imo.

    Personally I cycled almost 2 million peds during the FEN event. For me, 1% tt return would have been ~20k PEDs.
    Everyone draws their conclusion...
    Impressive, hunting 2 million peds for the fen event, when did you sleep???... to cycle that amount of peds in the event time, I would have had to hunted for nearly 20 hrs a day....(4 hrs to sleep and eat) every day of the event!!!

    I do take your point that every player is different, in their skills, amount of time played each day etc!
    Last edited by DannyO; 05-10-2019 at 07:38.
    Quotes from England's Finest......... Sir Winston Churchill
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    “It’s not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what’s required.”


  2. #12
    Old Alpha Darth Revan's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Posts
    785
    Images
    9
    Its pretty normal for a reseller to offer a really low amount for your current weapon and then charge you an arm and a leg for the weapon you want. Maybe look at not using a reseller. Or buy a non-tiered one from someone who has won mayhem and has enough tokens and then don't tier it (as they cost alot to tier at the moment)

    As Evey said though, you need to do your own calculation. It would also not be worth it if your a casual player....just have the 3% less TT return or whatever it works out to be.

  3. #13
    Mutated mastermesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Billy Bar
    Avatar
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Posts
    14,125
    Blog Entries
    9
    Images
    1731
    Buzz's latest word was 'sold.'

  4. #14
    Stalker messi91's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Ro
    Avatar
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Posts
    2,142
    Images
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Buzz's latest word was 'sold.'

  5. #15
    Elite forgo's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    US
    Avatar
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Posts
    3,161
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Buzz's latest word was 'sold.'
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyO View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    OMG that's 5000 ped a day, for the next 1836.73 days (5 years just to recoup the cost of the upgrade) and then after another 100 days of cycling 5000 ped a day I will save 4900 ped…………..

    just crazy...……..
    Considering CP deeds have a 10 year payoff, and other items have a general 7 year payback, that is not bad for "part timin' it" - According to EVE, rightfully.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyO View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    …………...……
    And that is assuming that MA doesn't come up with another set of "new" guns, in those 5 years, which could potentially "devalue" that gun....

    So no, don't believe those that said that you can just sell it back for whatever you've bought it for after you're done using it.

  7. #17
    Old Alpha Aloisius's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Fort Fury
    Avatar
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Posts
    1,014
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by sawachika View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And that is assuming that MA doesn't come up with another set of "new" guns, in those 5 years, which could potentially "devalue" that gun....

    So no, don't believe those that said that you can just sell it back for whatever you've bought it for after you're done using it.
    well you should be able to get some back. i agree with op though. most items are crazy mu. i don't get where the second layer of crazy buyers is coming from. so some people are nuts for dibs on rares but when does the hype wear off the mu. i think the original buyer should eat the peds loss and shame and let the guns come out to us normies. cheaper ffs. er, well you normies.

  8. #18
    Dominant
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Norway
    Avatar
    Mathilda nukegirl Chei
    Society
    Rangers
    Posts
    477
    Yes its true ubers are spending all their money on all the UL guns only to pretend to have them for sale at ridiculous prices just to troll the normies

  9. #19
    Young
    Joined
    Apr 2019
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    John Closedfile McMullen
    Posts
    15
    Blog Entries
    2
    Isn't it the same thing as the IMKII in the olden day?
    You buy a gun in hopes of profiting.
    Only a few differences:
    1. Does the current MA allow anyone to profit or break even?
    2. What prevents them to have even better guns next event
    3. is efficiency/eco the determining factor in beating the system and profit/break even?


    In the end I wouldn't pay that crazy amount of MU for a gun or any item in game that aren't deeds.
    But I am a casual player and my time is both limited and valuable.

  10. #20
    Elite SuperKanjo's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Holland
    Avatar
    Janko SuperKanjo vd Haak
    Society
    Kaos
    Posts
    3,824
    Images
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosedFile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only a few differences:
    1. Does the current MA allow anyone to profit or break even?
    No, house always win
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosedFile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2. What prevents them to have even better guns next event
    Nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosedFile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3. is efficiency/eco the determining factor in beating the system and profit/break even?
    You can't beat the system

    You need to "win" of other players to succeed
    Account Created 2006-03-03

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook