PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71
  1. #31
    Optimal Loot

    Another feature of Loot 2.0 that has sparked lots of discussion and speculation is Optimal Loot.

    It is important to note that Optimal Loot only affects loot composition (what you loot), not the loot value (how much you loot). There is no Optimal Loot penalty for hunting creatures that are well below your avatar’s level; in fact most such kills will meet the requirements for Optimal Loot composition.

    To best achieve Optimal Loot:

    Be sure to have the Hit Ability and Damage profession requirements maxed (10.0/10.0) on the weapon your avatar is using.
    Avoid over-amping (using a weapon amplifier that adds more than 50% of the maximum damage of the weapon to which it is equipped).
    Minimize healing costs and the need to interrupt damage dealing to heal.
    In general, the lower the cost to kill a creature, the higher the proportion of loot composition will be Optimal Loot. There is no inherent “kill timer” for each creature; Optimal Loot is calculated based on costs, not on time.
    https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bul...-Follow-Up.xml

  2. #32
    Stalker San's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Location
    That freaking cold place (in RL)
    Avatar
    Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Posts
    2,082
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this is an attempt to reply to the above two (3?) posts, you're absolutely wrong.
    If people don't even want to accept the official explanation then y'all can discuss this until the cows come home. The release notes and dev notes do tend to get buried or forgotten sometimes hence I thought it useful to throw them in here. Do with it what you want or not.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

  3. #33
    Slayer Svarog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    8,955
    Images
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Say you had 1 person with BC-80 and 19 with Swine DLX, DPP will be so low that everyone will get 100% shrap. BC-80 shooter won't magically obtain spleen that has been overwritten on a mob basis just because they personally have high DPP.
    And the fact that ESIs do drop in this sub-optimal situation indicates that ESIs aren't part of "optimal" loot but something entirely different, so improving DPP won't increase the chance of looting them.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Who You View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does Eff/DPP impact the groups (shared or teams) hunting returns?
    #walloftext
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...-not-just-Cost

    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If people don't even want to accept the official explanation then y'all can discuss this until the cows come home. The release notes and dev notes do tend to get buried or forgotten sometimes hence I thought it useful to throw them in here. Do with it what you want or not.
    If you did not read my post entirely, I have taken the dev notes all posted after 2.0 very seriously into consideration. I have much more experience in loot 1.0 and 2.0 than you, even having played well less time than you in 1.0. I am applying the results of my tests, those of others, logic and dev notes to draw my conclusions.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the fact that ESIs do drop in this sub-optimal situation indicates that ESIs aren't part of "optimal" loot but something entirely different, so improving DPP won't increase the chance of looting them.
    well, as it goes for ESI, there's chance that it drops and then there's the TT-value of the ESI...

  6. #36
    Provider
    Joined
    Jan 2019
    Avatar
    Shadowfire Hottygurl Of The Phoenix
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyO View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Impressive, hunting 2 million peds for the fen event, when did you sleep???... to cycle that amount of peds in the event time, I would have had to hunted for nearly 20 hrs a day....(4 hrs to sleep and eat) every day of the event!!!

    I do take your point that every player is different, in their skills, amount of time played each day etc!
    Ever seen him go? He...doesn't sleep. Just a trail of dead mobs lol

  7. #37
    Marauder girtsn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Belgium
    Avatar
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    Guess Who
    Posts
    6,654
    Images
    380
    dpp, efficiency, looter skills - don't fall for it and start to think they will proportionally improve your tt returns, sure it is safer to have all of them as high as possible but thats not the whole story, "its dynamic" is
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    high efficiency stuff and looter skills seem to work again for me as of 2019

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by girtsn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    dpp, efficiency, looter skills - don't fall for it and start to think they will proportionally improve your tt returns, sure it is safer to have all of them as high as possible but thats not the whole story, "its dynamic" is
    Casino can give you 1%,2%,3% rebate, but if you bet it all on black and lose. You're screwed.

  9. #39
    Guardian mspatterson's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    XXX ViP™₩₳₹₱
    Avatar
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    326
    Images
    8
    you guys keep forgetting that efficiency DOES NOT change the loot that wasa going to drop on that mob whatsoever.. it only increases the shrap on it to compensate for expenses in weapon armor healing etc.. so 10 people super high efficiency will get the same loot on the same mob as 10 people low efficiency. only difference being the high eff people spent less and the low eff spent more and will have greater amount of shrap added.
    ✘✘✘ ViP™₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/RXEDNUh

  10. #40
    Old Alpha Darth Revan's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Posts
    785
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by mspatterson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...only difference being the high eff people spent less and the low eff spent more...
    You're forgetting efficiency does not equal dpp. You can have a higher efficiency but cost more to kill than someone else with a lower efficiency:

    A&P Series Mayhem LP-40, Perfected - 3.449 dpp, efficiency 91
    A&P Series Mayhem LP-100, Modified - 3.652 dpp, efficiency 84

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook