Efficency & Dpp - Latest Buzz Words

if one still have doubts it's quite easy to test by yourself. Just kill around 1000 mobs of the same type and maturity on both setups, track each individual mob returns, eliminate top 250 and bottom 250 returns (to remove TT return outliers, sequences of crits/misses leading to high/low cost of kill) from each sample and then track total number of shrapnel (as the most common loot) looted for both 500-sample data.

Last edited:
if one still have doubts it's quite easy to test by yourself. Just kill around 1000 mobs of the same type and maturity on both setups, track each individual mob returns, eliminate top 250 and bottom 250 returns (to remove TT return outliers, sequences of crits/misses leading to high/low cost of kill) from each sample and then track total number of shrapnel (as the most common loot) looted for both 500-sample data.

its all right here let me explain:
https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bu.../Developer-Notes--12---Loot-2.0-Follow-Up.xml

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=2911 - LP70 fen edition 92.2 eff 3.423 dpp

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=1847 - plp-20 28.8 eff 2.433 dpp oddly near 29% more decay/ammo costs per point of dmg.

that being said.. 0-100% eff only account for upto7% loot but.. as per dev notes above:

"The largest components by far in loot value calculations are costs, such as weapon deterioration, ammo consumption, armor deterioration, healing costs, etc."

that 29% extra costs may very well translate into much greater than 7% loot and does im sure of it.

so what we see here is only a what? a 2.5% diff in loot from the eff between those weaps but much greater bonus from the extra 29% decay/ammo costs of the plp-20.

this is the point im getting at. now obviously theres more decay/ammo costs there as well. so if theres actually only a 2.5% difference between them, I can live with that cuz I love my pew pew pew :)

ultimately plp-20 is more expensive to use for sure.. but you get I back in loot.. just like cranking the crafting slider to quality!

im not saying everyone run out and buy a plp-20. what im saying is there is a more risk more reward factor between them. and on a previous discussion id like to add.. MUCH more shrap added to loots.

Last edited by a moderator:
that 29% extra costs

In Loot 1.0, where the loot was calculated from mobs health, so killing something with 30% worse dpp meant losing 30% more ped. In Loot 2.0 the loot is based on your costs, there are no tt loses from using worse dpp, all that worse dpp does now is harming your loot composition, the content of your loot.

Why make it so complicated? It is really easy

Low eff you get 90% of TT spend back
High eff you get 92.5% of TT spend back

Low DPP you get 60% of loot in shrapnel
High DPP you get 45% of loot in shrapnel

(numbers are just made up)

that being said.. 0-100% eff only account for upto7% loot but.. as per dev notes above:

These "only" 7% are very significant. It's not easy to compensate with markup, as you don't get all your common loots like animal oils replaced by higher-mu things.

These "only" 7% are very significant. It's not easy to compensate with markup, as you don't get all your common loots like animal oils replaced by higher-mu things.

well we assume that's 7% represents 0% eff to 100%eff but even that's not clear.. assuming that's true only 30-90% really exists ingame atm so a variance of 4% ish. but to really see that youde have to cycle insane amounts long term. I depo and play at a comfortable level so im not overly concerned about 4% but if you were to be cycling 100k US a day then I guess that would matter more.

puny weap for some =p

There is no player weapon in game that can burn through 100K USD in a day....
Also i don't understand what you are trying to understand with your questions. You asked, the community answered.
Then you pretty much ignore what we say about the efficiency stat and go on about how 4% variance doesn't really matter because you depo???

If you don't care about burning through your peds faster because you will just depo to compensate, then thats up to you, however people wanting to play this game without having to constantly depo should pay attention. 4% is not easy to compensate with MU

There is no player weapon in game that can burn through 100K USD in a day....
Also i don't understand what you are trying to understand with your questions. You asked, the community answered.
Then you pretty much ignore what we say about the efficiency stat and go on about how 4% variance doesn't really matter because you depo???

If you don't care about burning through your peds faster because you will just depo to compensate, then thats up to you, however people wanting to play this game without having to constantly depo should pay attention. 4% is not easy to compensate with MU

let me clarify.. im done.. go chase yur efficiency :)

but to really see that youde have to cycle insane amounts long term.
This doesn't have to be like that, if I buy a gun for 40k cycle one run, get more loot because higher eff and sell the gun for 40k I'm already better of then low eff gun.

Back