Auction Tracker - Is there still one alive, do we still need one?

Eloque

Old
Society
Rising Potentials
Eloque
So, in the past I used auction trackers at 2pec and such. But they all seem dead. Is there still one that is active and if not, is there still a need for such a tracker?

I mean based on the expiring auction page from the launcher, one could quite easily scrape that data.

none are kept up to date.. an API from MindArk would be nice because even with the scraper it still sucks to gather info that way

So, in the past I used auction trackers at 2pec and such. But they all seem dead. Is there still one that is active and if not, is there still a need for such a tracker?

I mean based on the expiring auction page from the launcher, one could quite easily scrape that data.

It's not as hard to implement but what's the point to check expiring auctions? All hot deals like less then 100% offers are taken at first moments.

I came here to ask this exact question (except I never actually had a chance to use the old ones...)

I've thought about building a tracker that captured relevant data from auction house screenshots, but I can't tell whether that's against the rules or not.

I do see the LBML tool uses OCR on screenshots, and got approved by MindArk... What is the process for getting such approval?

I would appreciate such a service, it would be quite convenient IMO.

It's not as hard to implement but what's the point to check expiring auctions? All hot deals like less then 100% offers are taken at first moments.

That's not always the case. There are many good deals on expiring items that have been placed on the auction with no buyout.

Plus, it's just unfortunate that we are losing Entropia history. When such a service is finally reintroduced, it won't be possible to reconstruct the years of missing data retroactively.

I feel like this deserves a bump. A site that offered an API based on the Client Loader data would be useful. It's very unfortunate that several sites once offered this service, yet none do today.

API is like crypto - tech only WE believe in.

API is like crypto - tech only WE believe in.

But like, WE are usually sufficient for projects like this to materialize, since this would be a community-developed project that MindArk would only have to look at approving later if and when it did catch on.

But like, WE are usually sufficient for projects like this to materialize, since this would be a community-developed project that MindArk would only have to look at approving later if and when it did catch on.
I wish this were true!

Back