Eudoracell Pet Training Cost, Is It Worth It?

Eagleeyes

Mature
Ellesinare Eagleeyes VanManchenburg
So I got a Eudoracell in an Easter Box, and started to train it. Was the first pet I trained, others I had were just common ones. I've gotten it to lv 7.33 with about 7k nutrio bars, and its at 87% energy. I almost always only do tricks at 99% or 100% focus. I did some research https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=308514&catid=member&imageuser=14389 and according to his data, seems it is going to take another 27k nutrio bars to get it to lv 21 to unlock the first acceleration buff. At 140%, that's 378 more ped (27x14ped/k) on top of the 98 ped (7x14ped/k) ive already put into it. I'm wondering, is this worth it? I did not realize how expensive it would be to train it when I started. And according to his data, getting it to lv 32 would cost another 41k nutrio, so add another 574 ped on top of that. This doesn't include the cost of unlocking the buffs, and the cost to feed it once unlocked. Am I missing something? Or is it going to cost almost 1000ped to fully train this rabbit? At that point, wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy an acceleration ring? I'm a bit confused by the whole process now and feel like my pink bunny is eating peds without giving me anything back. For those of you who have trained these all the way, do you feel like they are worth it? Thanks for any help on this topic.

Eagleeyes

Not worth it yet... but... future expansions with better buffs may change that when implemented in 30 years

In my experience training pets (top end pets to well over level 50+), some cost does come back via lootable methods although I'm unsure of the exact amount. That could be TT of bars or maybe more. So it's not a total loss. Although like always in EU things change overnight and what might work yesterday doesn't work tomorrow.

There have been a few times that I trained pets to quite high levels and did no hunting in-between those training events and was rewarded with a decent sized high global/hof when I started hunting again.

Some might that's all bollocks, I'm wearing a tin foil hat.....but that's how it appeared to me.

Part of reason for training pets to high levels, was that MA promised a massive new system for pets, but recently stated (in the Q&A) that their plans for pets were on-hold for the foreseeable future. So another golden rule in EU, is don't plan on what' might be in game only concentrate on what "is" in the game.

With that in mind, all my pets are now stored, and I have no intention of using them ever again (unless things change). That said if you did want to consider hunting or mining with a pet spawned, then you've got extra cost being burned on the fly and it 'could' aid in the size of returned loots or maybe even hofs. I played around with auto loot peds, and have some quite interesting data on it.

Some people posting hofs with pink bunnies spawned also made me smile. What's going on?...hahaha.

That is of course speculation, I tried to pin down how pets effect loot, but of course no-one has the actual loot algorithum to actually prove anything. So believe what you want to believe when you try it out yourself.

You wont see any massive difference though until you get the pet to decent high levels. I often wondered how a level 80 pink rabbit would perform loot wise, with it spawned while hunting.

Buy a damn ring they're cheap enough these days.

Pets that certainly do have value in my opinion, are 20% taming skill gain pets if skilling taming skills.
Especially gaining zoology that helps a ton with looter skill. so getting 20% free so to speak is good value.

Good luck

Rick

Thanks for the responses guys, yeah I wish there had been a sign on the rabbit that said "Feed me 1000ped and I will make you run faster".... I had no idea of the cost when I started training it. I will have to reconsider whether I want to keep feeding it to unlock the speed buffs, now that I know what its going to cost. Funny thing is that it does feel good to see it flopping around, so there is a fun factor to having it around... will have to evaluate if its a $100 fun factor or not.

Duno about that but I'm about to watch Pet Sematary 2019. I hope it is good. No spoilers plese.

I have an Eudoracell at lvl 21 and if I calculated right I feed him about 38k Nutribars. (cheaper to buy a [Hermetic Ring, Perfected] if its running speed your after.)

Thanks for the info Side Slay, yeah I have stopped feeding it atm, its at lv 9 and hungry now... I was going for the speed boost with the option to buy a defense ring in the left hand, but do not value the speed bonus at 1000ped atm so have halted the pets progress.

you can get a nice speed ring and skill up the "normal" bunny. The Normal bunny is a lot cheaper to skill up.

I have an Eudoracell at lvl 21 and if I calculated right I feed him about 38k Nutribars. (cheaper to buy a [Hermetic Ring, Perfected] if its running speed your after.)

or just go augmented and get yourself a maze hammer or 8. ;) swap to regular weapon when in range.

I just reached level 10. Useless so far, but there is some fun to have my big bunny next to me when streaming
...regarding how it could help loots ?

No idea, mine are going deeper, and deeper, and deeper, and deeper,...

I just reached level 10. Useless so far, but there is some fun to have my big bunny next to me when streaming
...regarding how it could help loots ?

No idea, mine are going deeper, and deeper, and deeper, and deeper,...

Having a pet or training a pet have no impact on loot whatsoever. you can get an Oratan pet with looting ability, but that won't help your return in any way - it's just an autoloot function.

Having a pet or training a pet have no impact on loot whatsoever. you can get an Oratan pet with looting ability, but that won't help your return in any way - it's just an autoloot function.
I think Rick has a theory, but I suspect you are correct. I think what happens with taming is sometimes successful tame happens before full healhbar is drained so it looks like additional tt return for part of health not actually decayed, but number of non success and regen counteract to kill the bonus?

I think there's another theory that pet food/decay the pet uses on the food goes in to loot pool. No idea how the hell you'd test that one.

Last edited:
i got the following info from rick ingame (testing my memories) i shortened it from a huge message and saved it in my notes

• costs to skill eudoracell to level 32 and unlock 18% acc
  • it could cost less if you don't use pet focus which consumes additional +59nutrio/hour
  • 1 month to reach L12 with hard training it will have about 17000/19000 XP.
  • 68000/70000 nutrio to reach L32 (without using pet focus).
  • it must reach 136000XP at L32

most uber hunters ingame are really nice and informative. i remember asking around when i got my pink bunny as it seemed to be the uberest pet. Rick England, Hitman and Juicy Fruit Monster are some of the most famous in-game Tamers. Another advice I got when I was hellbent on autoloot was "Way cheaper to just get the pills from the TT machine." So, I am still autolootless after all these years. Have most of the pets in my storages too.

more enthused than ever though to tame to higher level after reading rick's theory. probably gonna do it with the pink bunny only :)

Back