List of good and other developments of the Universe

girtsn

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
Girts Smilgs Niedra
During last years I have been quite frustrated about (perceived lack of) customer rights in Entropia.
Specifically on customers inability to do anything about unfulfilled promises unless it causes a really
big stir in the community which just cannot be ignored.

After recent activities I concluded that the way how I approached it was wrong,
because I have been demanding changes - which is not acceptable for different reasons.

So I had the idea to instead to create yet another list (YAL?)
in as chronological order as possible (most recent first) for what happened/did not happen
to the game by the choice of developers.
Please send suggestions in replies of the thread, and I will update accordingly as possible.
Same with missing year, maybe someone has more detailed tracking for what happened when...

The purpose is for the good as well as the screw-ups to not be forgotten and to improve going forward.
And to inform the customers of Entropia on the safety of their RC investments based on the history.
Hopefully this is a better idea than my previous threads
(e.g. the one for more transparency have felt bad for abandoning it - most of it is reflected here).

Good developments / used opportunities
  • since beginning - keeping the game that we love alive throughout the good and bad
  • 2021 December - new ()EN event, distributing stuff that was not given out in the TEN event
  • 2021 November - addition of logging for received loot in chat log and UI allowing for easy analysis tools
  • 2021 October - introduction of new system for mayhem events, more turnover than luck based
  • 2021 April-June - interface renewal, then recall, then Unreal Engine 5 announcement - to be seen when if it is actually realized
  • 2020 December - Codex meta with attribute rewards + retroactive attributes for already completed Codexes
  • 2020 October - new mission chain, attributes can be consumed directly, space updates
  • 2020 August - removal of Iron missions - the good thing here is that MA respected the given schedule of 1 year to complete the started missions
  • 2020 June - tiering changes, single stat, big improvements for limited items it seems
  • 2020 June - enhancer changes, proportional to effect received
  • 2020 March - limited Blueprint stacking possible
  • 2019 December - changes to tier system
  • * tt value of enhancers is returned as Shrapnel
  • * tt value of the ingredients used to upgrade tier returned
  • * 0.01 scale from 0.1 scale before applied to tier levels
  • * protection of items from accidental trading / tt-ing
  • * change attachments while equipped
  • 2019 December - graphics update
  • 2019 September - implementation of Codex missions (new "iron mission" system)
  • * automatic progression, pick rewards later, easy to use
  • * longer grace period to coexist with old system
  • 2019 - fixed a chat bag from 2017 where custom chat channels "autoleave" people
  • 2019 - introduction of an in-game holding share system
  • * supposing it will be made available for others besides MA
  • * perhaps this even frees up the way to restore inactive LAs like foma daspletors?
  • 2019 - hiring of actual Entropia community activists
  • 2019 - new targeting system (vu 16) after many bugfixes/improvements
  • 2019 - enhancer attachment / detachment improvements
  • 2019 - changing it so run speed is not decreased on slopes
  • 2018.4 - crafting mechanics revamp - e.g. it takes avg 14.7 ped of alternative per amp on D-class In old system it took ~17.11 ped of alt
  • 2018 - promise to concentrate on main game development and no side-quests, so far met
  • 2018 - documented (public) meetings with EU players
  • 2018 - new event system which by definition (as they are not redefined) has better explained rules
  • 2018 - introduction of looter skills
  • 2018 - removal of planet entry fee
  • 2017 - reducing of lags and improving reliability of connection
  • 2017 - introduction of loot 2.0, efficiency - this was likely the only way out of buff screw-ups
  • 2017 - next to loot 2.0 - changes to armor mechanics - decay in proportion to the amount of damage absorbed, making them decay in a linear way, as opposed to before, where decay cost more with more damage absorbed. Also 'Deflected' hits were introduced, were before the minimum was 1 hp of damage. Also, all armors were made to decay significantly less per damage absorbed, making limited armors last about twice longer than before.
  • 2010 - estate fee removal but (likely it's an option planet partners could add back) link
  • ???? - introduction of crapnel and conversion to universal ammo - necessary to try to save MU on stacks
  • ???? - introduction of melee amps and mindforce amps
  • ???? - introduction of CLD - although it is a loan with crazy interest, it is also a way to keep $ in
  • ???? - getting taming and pets back
  • ???? - introduction of updated tiering system one where items cannot be lost in process

Developments that could have gone better / unused opportunities
  • 2020 August - removal of Iron missions - obviously missions and mission progress taken away hurts :)
  • 2020 June - tiering changes, single stat very very slow for UL items still
  • * 0.01 change was a big nerf for unlimited items, seems to take same time it used to for 0.1 as now for 0.01 it seems
  • 2019 December - changes to tier system
  • * balancing - the UL items tier way slower than before
  • * unused opportunity - changes in the balance how tier required parts are distributed (e.g. opals, tier components, other rares)
  • * unused opportunity - 0.01 scale does not solve the issue of some items being as slow as it takes 1 year of everyday use to move 0.1
  • 2019 September - shortcomings of the Codex missions (new "iron missions")
  • * another downgrade of the skill value
  • * unused opportunity - add description of mobs, stats and their live spawns with the codex
  • * unused opportunity - clear idea what the rewards would be per stage in advance
  • * no attributes as rewards (at least as it looks so far)
  • * no unlockable skills as rewards (at least as it looks so far) - meaning not the super rare
  • 2019 - MA becoming LA manager for CP (damaging LA ownership)
  • 2019 - reported cases of Easter event to end mission before the time runs out
  • 2019 - no fix for the lag / fps-drop in instances (cyclops depths and so on)
  • 2019 - removal of hp bars in new targeting system (vu 16)
  • 2019 - inability to prevent waves/irregular loot patterns (latest example) FEN event item distribution (past looting most items just after events start / go given, better chances for drop by / switching habits, better time-zones, over-amping, waves, coming back after inactivity, new avatar luck, looting bigger event points just after other big points given in, ...)
  • 2019 - making the same error as last time in arso chip tier costs
  • 2019 - balancing of new items, like advancing 2 top non-lootable items with 13 better ones while keeping others on top for years
  • 2018.4 - crafting mechanics revamp - perceived success rate gone up a little, but getting successes is more volatile.
    - observed many of the ~90% return near successes being replaced by ~25% & ~50% return
    - observed near successes, ~33% return near successes got removed...
    - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ith-crafting&p=3710377&viewfull=1#post3710377
  • 2018 - failure of deeptokens
  • 2018 - failure to fulfill a promise for Compet exchange NPC on Calypso
  • 2018 - Mindark allowed Monria to alter pets from Monria to make them have to be level 7 to leave Calypso space (originally they were exportable at level 1 so could be trained up elsewhere before level 7) (nerfing existing stats after screw-up without a pressing need)
  • ???? - removal of big loots in hunting (missed promotional opportunity)
  • ???? - introduction of explosives crafting and keeping the big loots there as opposed to hunting
  • ???? - bad management of rare loots and discoveries (e.g. big ESI not in rare loot, crap items in rare loot)
  • ???? - basing skill and return system on number of kills/levels not turnover
  • 2017 - undocumented meetings with EU players
  • 2016 - not addressing some very peculiar streaks of rare item looting
  • ???? - many documented failures of events both in rule definition and execution (wrong stats, bugs, ...)
  • ???? - not revamping the tier system which is at 2008 prices, slowness and based on dpp still
  • ???? - not making parameters like dpp visible in item stats, using misleading dpp and dps calculation
  • ???? - failure of planet partners (too many items, failing planets, concept of sub-entities having to compete vs. main itself)
  • ???? - failure of Compet
  • ???? - going from 2 seasonal events to 4 + all the other "attacks" (damaging LA ownership)
  • ???? - drop Easter Rings 2016 - left hand disaster
  • ???? - giving out buff items as top event prizes shortly before nerfing them
  • ???? - introducing soul-bound items, not removing the restriction for buff based items after buff nerf
  • ???? - introduction of EST unlimited limited buff then the buff based better returns
  • ???? - introduction of boxes that can only be bought for IRL $ (damaging RCE)
  • ???? - promised voting rights, not implemented still
  • ???? - treatment of all returns close to 90% as "within normal range" vs made statements on efficiency and looter skills
  • ???? - decision to not allow bulk skill trades (damaging RCE)
  • ???? - not sharing the cost of LA percentage to some extent (damaging LA ownership)
  • ???? - redesign terrain making some LAs worth less than before (damaging LA ownership)
  • 2014 - failure to address attribute gains by repeatable missions
  • 2014 - stables not fully implemented, port Atlantis stable missing
  • 2013 - making all maturities loot the same (damaging LA ownership)
  • 2013 - failure to complete the TEN event on Cyrene - looks like the TEN event items will drop in the TEN event of Space, 2021
  • ???? - old tiering system that could remove one of the items used in the process
  • 2010 - the long wait for return of taming which was removed in VU10
  • 2005 - big amps on little gun nerf - A105, etc used to fit on tt guns, etc. Changed it so max amp could do is 50% of base weapons damage as add on damage (stat changes to already owned items)
  • 2005 - 2x0 with buffs - one of the game's first nerfs (stat changes to already owned items)
  • 2004 - allowing of tremendous skillgains by afk fapping all day which caused uber avatars with crazy stats to this very day
  • 2004 - not addressing duplication of items bug introducing too many great stats weapons
  • since beginnings - all the promises that were never kept (e.g. the space transport system, the next wave of landplots that would have shopping capabilities, pet battles in octagons, the heart fap next stages beyond VI, voting, etc.)
  • since beginnings - agility past 100 does not improve run speed
  • since beginnings - limited deposit options, misaligned deposit options on site vs. ingame
  • since beginnings - not implementing a system tracking all the avatar ingame transactions
  • since beginnings - not implementing an EntropiaLife like system
  • since beginnings - not implementing an EntropiaWiki like system

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to document these points. I hope the first list will grow over time.

Developments that could have gone better / unused opportunities

2018 - crafting rework: they raised the material consumption per crafted item, forcing crafters to buy the materials at lower MU, the overshooting on every success is absolutely worthless when crafting L or UL gear.

2018 - crafting rework , raised the material consumption per crafted item, forcing crafters to buy the materials at lower MU, the overshooting on every success is absolutely worthless when crafting L or UL gear.

I mean... i keep reading ur bs comments in every thread but this... improved COS meaning more mat consumption per item.... thats just... :scratch2:

I mean... i keep reading ur bs comments in every thread but this... improved COS meaning more mat consumption per item.... thats just... :scratch2:

it's about all those 25% and 50% return near successes that are happening nowadays, the 5% increased COS isn't enough to compensate for the additional materials lost on all of those bad NS...

it's about all those 25% and 50% return near successes that are happening nowadays, the 5% increased COS isn't enough to compensate for the additional materials lost on all of those bad NS...

Unlike u I make posts based on facts, heres some for u:
Now it takes avg 14.7 ped of alternative per amp on D-class
In old system it took ~17.11 ped of alt

But i could give u countless of other comparisons

here's a fact
In old system most near successes were 90% return, now at least half are 25% & 50% return...
118% material MU 150% sales MU craft pretty much loss all the time due to so many bad return near successes.

Last edited:
do you have a date of implementation? sounds like one for the +

A good amount of your points are fully opinionated, yet another thread that you will use to push your view of how things should be.

You fake acknowledging your mistakes, and proceed to make exactly the same thing. More drama and self centered bullshit to the forums.

I can't be the only one noticing this.

(No surprises though)

do you have a date of implementation? sounds like one for the +

2018 apr 28 i think (and there was a few months test phase b4 that)

Valid point, this post is not objective as it includes opinions - however I have changed my stance of pushing for changes, this is just a list and if anyone can justify a change in the list so be it
A good amount of your points are fully opinionated

Valid point, this post is not objective as it includes opinions - however I have changed my stance of pushing for changes, this is just a list and if anyone can justify a change in the list so be it

Carry on, I wont interrupt.

Good luck :thumbup:

I hope this described it well on the + list

2018.4 - crafting mechanics revamp - e.g. it takes avg 14.7 ped of alternative per amp on D-class In old system it took ~17.11 ped of alt
2018 apr 28 i think (and there was a few months test phase b4 that)

Interesting list there. Hopefully it will result in better moves by Mindark in the future.

I may edit here later when I have more time to use my time Crystals to look back in time a bit.

Ok, here goes... (is this just aimed at mindark or at PPs too?)
- CEO announced compet turn in avatar would be on Calypso only for it to show up on Arkadia... (at least Ark had nice Christmas presents to make up for the trip)
- Mindark allowed Monria to alter pets from Monria to make them have to be level 7 to leave Calypso space (originally they were exportable at level 1 so could be trained up elsewhere before level 7). This could be 'good thing' in some minds, but it's just another example of something being changed after it's in the community hands imho...

jobs.jpg

Ah, the 2x0 with buffs... one of the game's first nerfs... changes to things after they are already in the hands of avatars in the community... one of many...

axe.jpg

arkmoon.jpg

night.jpg

patric.jpg

relevant links related to above pics:

http://content-of-oblivion.blogspot.com/

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-shit-tip.-)&p=2020005&highlight=#post2020005

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...3-Marco-said&p=2683276&viewfull=1#post2683276

https://web.archive.org/web/20140220055339/https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/i_mindark

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...3-Marco-said&p=2748943&viewfull=1#post2748943

https://account.entropiauniverse.co.../auction-and-trade/i-sold-my-item-to-the-tra/

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...o-Land-Deeds&p=3017537&viewfull=1#post3017537

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/all-trades-are-final-not-for-mindark-it-seems.11709/

more may be added here later...

Last edited:
Reactions: Izz
I hope this described it well on the + list

2018.4 - crafting mechanics revamp - e.g. it takes avg 14.7 ped of alternative per amp on D-class In old system it took ~17.11 ped of alt

That's bad to add, just cherry picking the alternative amount from a craft that is made of alternative, lyst, survey probes and vixen gears is just flawed comparison...

something like Neverdie Fap, made of medical compress and alternative ingot would be a better comparison, or at least compare all ingredients on the D-class amp...

Last edited:
Could you name a negative sample with concrete tt in before and after? I really don't want to discriminate, every refactoring has its upsides and downsides I suppose just that he had specific numbers to quote.
That's bad to add, just cherry picking the alternative amount from a craft that is made of alternative, lyst, survey probes and vixen gears is just flawed comparison...

something like Neverdie Fap, made of medical compress and alternative ingot would be a better comparison, or at least compare all ingredients on the D-class amp...

Could you name a negative sample with concrete tt in before and after? I really don't want to discriminate, every refactoring has its upsides and downsides I suppose just that he had specific numbers to quote.

sadly, i didn't track it that detailed.

However, when there's suddenly a lot of 25% & 50% return near successes where 90% return near successes used to be, it's just logical that the amount of materials used gone up.

They compensated the return loss a bit by adding overshooting on every successes, which as said is wortless on L & UL gear, and by upping the success chance a little.

???? - drop Easter Rings 2016 - left hand disaster

So loot 2.0 came and Mr Smilgs bought this ring without knowing how loot 2.0 works lucky for him a rich korean started playing and he sold it fast. You don't even have the decency to say you mess up.

thanks for this, do you have years or dates with these or where in the timeline approximately?
- CEO announced compet turn in avatar would be on Calypso only for it to show up on Arkadia... (at least Ark had nice Christmas presents to make up for the trip)
- Mindark allowed Monria to alter pets from Monria to make them have to be level 7 to leave Calypso space (originally they were exportable at level 1 so could be trained up elsewhere before level 7). This could be 'good thing' in some minds, but it's just another example of something being changed after it's in the community hands imho...

Ah, the 2x0 with buffs... one of the game's first nerfs... changes to things after they are already in the hands of avatars in the community... one of many...
more may be added here later...

thanks for this, do you have years or dates with these or where in the timeline approximately?

Original compet turn in announcement about calypso
https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2018/09/17/ComPet-Announcement.xml

ComPet Announcement
Late in 2017, MindArk performed a major overhaul and update to ComPet with the goal of improving conversion and retention of new players. After this overhaul was implemented and refined, a comprehensive marketing campaign was initiated early in 2018. Analysis of that marketing campaign and the resulting conversion rates indicated that the current model was not sustainable. The marketing analysis was conducted by a leading mobile marketing firm.

As such, the MindArk Board of Directors has decided to suspend any further development or marketing of ComPet, and is exploring options for potential development and/or publishing partnerships with established mobile game organizations.

In order to minimize the impact of the decision to suspend development of ComPet, MindArk is offering ComPet Deed holders the ability to exchange ComPet Deeds for Arkadia Moon Deeds at a ratio of five ComPet Deeds for two Arkadia Moon Deed. The upcoming release will place two different NPC:s on Planet Calypso which will handle the transfer, one in Port Atlantis Mall Teleporter and one in Twin Peaks. The NPC:s will be available until December.

Update; The transfer NPC has been relocated to Celeste Harbour on Planet Arkadia, location [29820, 10165].

Best regards,
Henrik Nel
CEO MindArk

Never showed up on calypso... only npc was in arkadia...

Oct 2018 vu http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/entropia-universe-15-18-0-release-notes.14796/

Compet deeds can now be exchanged for Arkadia Moon deeds through a hand in mission in Celeste Harbour, just seek the Compet Deed Exchange NPC at 29820, 10165

------
As for the level 7 export on monria pets I think it was in 2018 some time... mods on monria forum announced it in some vu and forum post somewhere I cannot find at the moment
-----
2X0 related thread from 2005 https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ath-of-the-Blade&p=77756&viewfull=1#post77756

Post around 2007 talk about old days when 2x0 had electric damage so around 2008 or so I think... some old vu notes can probably give you better time frame probably.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...h-of-the-Blade&p=535661&viewfull=1#post535661

Big amps on little gun nerf happened around same time as 2x0 nerf. A105, etc used to fit on tt guns, etc. They changed it so max amp could do is 50% of base weapons damage as add on damage.

Last edited:

Do you own a 100.0 qr blueprint? If not, do you take qr change into account?

Reactions: Izz
Last edited:

Here: my recent laser sight crafting attempts (gonna update when doing more):
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ith-crafting&p=3710377&viewfull=1#post3710377

prior to loot 2.0 , there may have been 1x fail + 2x 25 PED near success and then a success or two... something like 3 successes out of 22 attempts and most of them being ~50% return near success would never have happened...

I have added your point to the second list - yet kept the positive side mentioned by Piotr

[*] 2018.4 - crafting mechanics revamp - perceived drop of success rate in crafting
- https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ith-crafting&p=3710377&viewfull=1#post3710377

Here: my recent laser sight crafting attempts (gonna update when doing more):
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ith-crafting&p=3710377&viewfull=1#post3710377

prior to loot 2.0 , there may have been 1x fail + 2x 25 PED near success and then a success or two... something like 3 successes out of 22 attempts and most of them being ~50% return near success would never have happened...

first list

[*] ???? - getting taming back

[*] ???? - introduction of updated tiering system one where items cannot be lost in process

second

[*] ???? - old tiering system that could remove one of the items used in the process

[*] 2010 - the long wait for return of taming which was removed in VU10

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Version_Updates vu updates from olden days...

Lots of info... and changes good and bad over the years...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-the-waiting&p=2221562&viewfull=1#post2221562 taming the waiting thread from time pets went extinct in vu 10 til when they came back...

And may need to add in about tiering later... you know how it used to require sacrificing a dupe item potentially, etc.

Last edited:
2nd list, also thanks for reminding me also of fapping and item duplication

[*] 2018 - failure to fulfill a promise for Compet exchange NPC on Calypso

[*] 2018 - Mindark allowed Monria to alter pets from Monria to make them have to be level 7 to leave Calypso space (originally they were exportable at level 1 so could be trained up elsewhere before level 7) (nerfing existing stats after screwup without a pressing need)

[*] 2005 - big amps on little gun nerf - A105, etc used to fit on tt guns, etc. Changed it so max amp could do is 50% of base weapons damage as add on damage (stat changes to already owned items)

[*] 2005 - 2x0 with buffs - one of the game's first nerfs (stat changes to already owned items)

[*] 2004 - allowing of tremendous skillgains by afk fapping all day which caused uber avatars with crazy stats to this very day

[*] 2004 - not addressing duplication of items bug introducing too many great stats weapons

Original compet turn in announcement about calypso
https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2018/09/17/ComPet-Announcement.xml
Never showed up on calypso... only npc was in arkadia...
Oct 2018 vu http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/entropia-universe-15-18-0-release-notes.14796/
------
As for the level 7 export on monria pets I think it was in 2018 some time... mods on monria forum announced it in some vu and forum post somewhere I cannot find at the moment
-----
2X0 related thread from 2005 https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ath-of-the-Blade&p=77756&viewfull=1#post77756
Post around 2007 talk about old days when 2x0 had electric damage so around 2008 or so I think... some old vu notes can probably give you better time frame probably.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...h-of-the-Blade&p=535661&viewfull=1#post535661
Big amps on little gun nerf happened around same time as 2x0 nerf. A105, etc used to fit on tt guns, etc. They changed it so max amp could do is 50% of base weapons damage as add on damage.

Last edited:
I have added your point to the second list - yet kept the positive side mentioned by Piotr

[*] 2018.4 - crafting mechanics revamp - perceived drop of success rate in crafting

You forgot the most important part, many of the ~90% return near successes being replaced by ~25% & ~50% return near successes, ~33% return near successes got removed...

It's not a perceived drop of success rate, success rate gone up a litte, but getting successes is more volatile.

Last edited:
Updated accordingly I hope

[*] 2018.4 - crafting mechanics revamp - perceived success rate gone up a little, but getting successes is more volatile.
- observed many of the ~90% return near successes being replaced by ~25% & ~50% return
- observed near successes, ~33% return near successes got removed...

You forgot the most important part, many of the ~90% return near successes being replaced by ~25% & ~50% return near successes, ~33% return near successes got removed...

It's not a perceived drop of success rate, success rate gone up a litte, but getting successes is more volatile.

2018 removed planet entry fee...

Have to dig history a bit to find date estate monthly fee was removed (although it could still come back?)

???? - drop Easter Rings 2016 - left hand disaster

So loot 2.0 came and Mr Smilgs bought this ring without knowing how loot 2.0 works lucky for him a rich korean started playing and he sold it fast. You don't even have the decency to say you mess up.
funny how off-topic moderation only works one way :)

2018 removed planet entry fee...
Have to dig history a bit to find date estate monthly fee was removed (although it could still come back?)

Thanks added in 2018 for now both
[*] 2018 - removal of planet entry fee, estate maintenance monthly fee

Back