List of good and other developments of the Universe

thanks, added it to 2010
and as yesterdays announcement added 2019 Q3 - implementation of new "iron mission" system - for now in the good part, will see how it goes as it is being discussed still
2010 on estate fee removal but I think it's an option planet partners could add back in if I remember correctly

good developments:
introduction of melee amps and mindforce amps

bad:

all the promises that were never kept, if you say you are going to introduce something, introduce it, or not promise it.
for example: the space transport system, the next wave of landplots that would have shopping capabilities, pet battles in octagons, the rare tabtab pet from toulan which would have a special bonus, the heart fap next stages beyond VI. There are many more examples.

Last edited:
thanks a lot added both!
good developments:
introduction of melee amps and mindforce amps

bad:

all the promises that were never kept, if you say you are going to introduce something, introduce it, or not promise it.
for example: the space transport system, the next wave of landplots that would have shopping capabilities, pet battles in octagons, the rare tabtab pet from toulan which would have a special bonus, the heart fap next stages beyond VI. There are many more examples.

At the same time as the introduction of loot 2.0, in 2017, changes to armor mechanics were introduced. The mechanics of decay were improved to make them decay in proportion to the amount of damage absorbed, making them decay in a linear way, as opposed to before, where decay cost more with more damage absorbed. Also 'Deflected' hits were introduced, were before the minimum was 1 hp of damage. Also, all armors were made to decay significantly less per damage absorbed, making limited armors last about twice longer than before.

thanks a lot added to the good side
At the same time as the introduction of loot 2.0, in 2017, changes to armor mechanics were introduced. The mechanics of decay were improved to make them decay in proportion to the amount of damage absorbed, making them decay in a linear way, as opposed to before, where decay cost more with more damage absorbed. Also 'Deflected' hits were introduced, were before the minimum was 1 hp of damage. Also, all armors were made to decay significantly less per damage absorbed, making limited armors last about twice longer than before.

added impressions of the new iron mission system

plus side
  • 2019 September - implementation of new "iron mission" system
  • * automatic progression, pick rewards later, easy to use
  • * longer grace period to coexist with old system

could be better side
  • 2019 September - shortcomings of the new "iron missions"
  • * unused opportunity - add description of mobs, stats and their live spawns with the codex
  • * unused opportunity - clear idea what the rewards would be per stage in advance
  • * no attributes as rewards (at least as it looks so far)
  • * no unlockable skills as rewards (at least as it looks so far)

they still havent introduced port atlantis stable. imo there is other stables aswell which doesnt have building itself.

plus side

mindark fixed the chat-bug they've invented several years ago :yay:

could be better side

mindark didn't fix the lag / fps-drop they've implemented for our instances some time ago (cyclops depths and so on)

more deposit options instead of less (paypal?), and same payment options in webshop as on account website. why in hell are they different anyways?!?

they still havent introduced port atlantis stable. imo there is other stables aswell which doesnt have building itself.
Thanks added,
* 2014 - stables not fully implemented, port Atlantis stable missing

plus side
mindark fixed the chat-bug they've invented several years ago :yay:
could be better side
mindark didn't fix the lag / fps-drop they've implemented for our instances some time ago (cyclops depths and so on)
more deposit options instead of less (paypal?), and same payment options in webshop as on account website. why in hell are they different anyways?!?
added these 2 (thanks!), what chat bug was fixed? I still see that tab highlighting of incoming chat messages is not working
* 2019 - no fix for the lag / fps-drop in instances (cyclops depths and so on)
* since beginnings - limited deposit options, misaligned deposit options on site vs. ingame

There are many good improvements...

One improvement that is really helping me right this moment is them changing it so run speed is not decreased on slopes. This is great for hunting a lot of mobs on bad terrain. :wtg:

One bad thing: agility past 100 does not improve run speed. :mad:

plus side

could be better side
  • * unused opportunity - add description of mobs, stats and their live spawns with the codex
  • * unused opportunity - clear idea what the rewards would be per stage in advance

Please reconsider this one so that this idea won't take off!

While I kinda like the new mission rewards I also think they will help devaluating skills even further.

Adding unlockables would probably crash what's left of MU opportunities in the skill market.

Big No no!

There are many good improvements...

One improvement that is really helping me right this moment is them changing it so run speed is not decreased on slopes. This is great for hunting a lot of mobs on bad terrain. :wtg:

One bad thing: agility past 100 does not improve run speed. :mad:
both added, thanks!

Please reconsider this one so that this idea won't take off!

While I kinda like the new mission rewards I also think they will help devaluating skills even further.

Adding unlockables would probably crash what's left of MU opportunities in the skill market.

Big No no!
hmm i think skills like marksmanship and some others would be quite fine to give as mission rewards ok I agree some would be silly but the ones that are common esi food could be given easily (so added a remark for common ones only)

Added the December upgrade
good side
* 2019 December - changes to tier system
* * tt value of enhancers is returned as Shrapnel
* * tt value of the ingredients used to upgrade tier returned
* * 0.01 scale from 0.1 scale before applied to tier levels
* * protection of items from accidental trading / tt-ing
* * attachments while equipped
* 2019 December - graphics update

other side:
* 2019 December - changes to tier system
* * unused opportunity - changes in the balance how tier required parts are distributed (e.g. opals, tier components, other rares)
* * unused opportunity - 0.01 scale does not solve the issue of some items being as slow as it takes 1 year of everyday use to move 0.1

You should add the removal of minimum tt values for items as a good change.

Added the December upgrade
* * unused opportunity - 0.01 scale does not solve the issue of some items being as slow as it takes 1 year of everyday use to move 0.1

This is probably my big one right now. I have an Improved Excavator I would like to tier up, but it was already insanely slow just getting it to go up 0.1 in the years I've had it. I haven't had a tier increase since the update, but if it takes as long to get 0.01 now as it used to to get 0.1, I'll be looking at decades to tier. Hopefully that isn't the case, but it's not a great unknown to have.

plus side

could be better side

No attributes nor unlockables in codex rewards is fine with me, and makes pretty good sense if you think about it.... the negative in my eyes is the outright removal of the old iron missions system - I would have streamlined their interface to make iron terminals and brokers unnecessary, and made all the repeatables nonrepeatable. That would have been much more fair... at the very least, those of us who began an iron mission chain for the sake of the rewards from some late stage of the chain, should be allowed to finish the entire chain. By extension, fairness dictates that the old iron missions stay in the game for everyone.

Much of this may be redundant but at least I'll keep it concise:

Plus side:
Item protection (vu17)
Armor revamp (very soon after Loot 2.0)
Tiering revamp (vu17)

Minus side:
Counterintuitive controls (vu16)
Lack of support for legacy systems for those of us who play for more than a pretty picture

Other side:
Shrapnel
Explosive crafting

You should add the removal of minimum tt values for items as a good change.
added - not sure when it was though assumed 2018
[*] 2018 - removal of minimum tt values for items

I haven't had a tier increase since the update, but if it takes as long to get 0.01 now as it used to to get 0.1, I'll be looking at decades to tier. Hopefully that isn't the case, but it's not a great unknown to have.
it does not seem to be (much) slower, I have gotten a few ticks

No attributes nor unlockables in codex rewards is fine with me, and makes pretty good sense if you think about it.... the negative in my eyes is the outright removal of the old iron missions system - I would have streamlined their interface to make iron terminals and brokers unnecessary, and made all the repeatables nonrepeatable. That would have been much more fair... at the very least, those of us who began an iron mission chain for the sake of the rewards from some late stage of the chain, should be allowed to finish the entire chain. By extension, fairness dictates that the old iron missions stay in the game for everyone.
Attributes - I don't know, for me it just means that those that got e.g. 80+ of stamina by exploiting repeatable mission errors of the past, I could never get to those levels in fact not able to move at all after the iron missions are gone. The removal of iron missions - they just tried to simplify the entire system and clearly the new one is simpler to manage. Concern I am starting to have is seeing how easy it is to pile up codex skills, easier than ever. Especially considering both can be combined for a long time.

Added / changed some items

Good developments / used opportunities

[*] 2020 March - change enhancers consumed when using amps
* dps increase when using amps which makes sense in general
* with bad efficiency, dmg enhancers + amp does not cause efficiency to go down anymore

[*] 2020 March - limited Blueprint stacking possible

Developments that could have gone better / unused opportunities

[*] 2020 March - change enhancers consumed when using amps
* bad communication - the change with such big impact was not announced before
* bad communication - the change with such big impact was not listed in VU notes
* nerf - the weapons with high efficiency when equipping dmg enhancers and amp were going up in efficiency, now not anymore (which was a big motivator to pay the cost of tiers)

[*] 2019 December - changes to tier system
* balancing - the UL items tier way slower than before

Should the Codex really be referred to as "the new iron mission system"?

That's my only point to make. I'll let the more experienced members fill out the lists. Good luck with this!

indeed, updated with Codex and will try to use that going forward :)
Should the Codex really be referred to as "the new iron mission system"?

The ability to 'Lock' items has been introduced, should be moved from the 'bad' list

changed some points about March update as the enhancer effect turned out to be a bug
June update
- positive
[*] 2020 June - tiering changes, single stat, big improvements for limited items it seems
[*] 2020 June - enhancer changes, proportional to effect received

- could be better
[*] 2020 June - tiering changes, single stat very very slow for UL items still
[*] * 0.01 change was a big nerf for unlimited items, seems to take same time it used to for 0.1 as now for 0.01 it seems

Indeed double entry as of Dec VU, thanks fixed!
The ability to 'Lock' items has been introduced, should be moved from the 'bad' list

change for the worse:
smaller click runs (<300 clicks) usually ending in terrible results, both SR as well as tt-return wise. Which just kills L BPs which come only with small click amounts (1-100 clicks).

Exception for the tt-return may be boosted BPs.

Back