PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53
  1. #21
    Elite Haruto Rat's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Avatar
    Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Posts
    3,286
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Piotr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unlike u I make posts based on facts, heres some for u:
    Now it takes avg 14.7 ped of alternative per amp on D-class
    In old system it took ~17.11 ped of alt

    But i could give u countless of other comparisons
    Do you own a 100.0 qr blueprint? If not, do you take qr change into account?
    There are many ways to skin a cat but just one way to boil a frog.

  2. #22
    Mutated mastermesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Billy Bar
    Avatar
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Posts
    14,586
    Blog Entries
    10
    Images
    1745
    http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Version_Updates vu updates from olden days...

    Lots of info... and changes good and bad over the years...

    .........
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post2221562 taming the waiting thread from time pets went extinct in vu 10 til when they came back...

    .......
    And may need to add in about tiering later... you know how it used to require sacrificing a dupe item potentially, etc.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 05-12-2019 at 23:39.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by girtsn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could you name a negative sample with concrete tt in before and after? I really don't want to discriminate, every refactoring has its upsides and downsides I suppose just that he had specific numbers to quote.
    Here: my recent laser sight crafting attempts (gonna update when doing more):
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post3710377

    prior to loot 2.0 , there may have been 1x fail + 2x 25 PED near success and then a success or two... something like 3 successes out of 22 attempts and most of them being ~50% return near success would never have happened...

  4. #24
    Slayer girtsn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Belgium
    Avatar
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Posts
    7,224
    Images
    390
    I have added your point to the second list - yet kept the positive side mentioned by Piotr
    [*] 2018.4 - crafting mechanics revamp - perceived drop of success rate in crafting
    - http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post3710377

    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here: my recent laser sight crafting attempts (gonna update when doing more):
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post3710377

    prior to loot 2.0 , there may have been 1x fail + 2x 25 PED near success and then a success or two... something like 3 successes out of 22 attempts and most of them being ~50% return near success would never have happened...
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    high efficiency stuff & looter skills restarted working for me as of October 2019

  5. #25
    Slayer girtsn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Belgium
    Avatar
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Posts
    7,224
    Images
    390
    first list
    [*] ???? - getting taming back
    [*] ???? - introduction of updated tiering system one where items cannot be lost in process

    second
    [*] ???? - old tiering system that could remove one of the items used in the process
    [*] 2010 - the long wait for return of taming which was removed in VU10

    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Version_Updates vu updates from olden days...

    Lots of info... and changes good and bad over the years...

    .........
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post2221562 taming the waiting thread from time pets went extinct in vu 10 til when they came back...

    .......
    And may need to add in about tiering later... you know how it used to require sacrificing a dupe item potentially, etc.
    Last edited by girtsn; 05-13-2019 at 07:19.
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    high efficiency stuff & looter skills restarted working for me as of October 2019

  6. #26
    Slayer girtsn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Belgium
    Avatar
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Posts
    7,224
    Images
    390
    2nd list, also thanks for reminding me also of fapping and item duplication
    [*] 2018 - failure to fulfill a promise for Compet exchange NPC on Calypso
    [*] 2018 - Mindark allowed Monria to alter pets from Monria to make them have to be level 7 to leave Calypso space (originally they were exportable at level 1 so could be trained up elsewhere before level 7) (nerfing existing stats after screwup without a pressing need)
    [*] 2005 - big amps on little gun nerf - A105, etc used to fit on tt guns, etc. Changed it so max amp could do is 50% of base weapons damage as add on damage (stat changes to already owned items)
    [*] 2005 - 2x0 with buffs - one of the game's first nerfs (stat changes to already owned items)
    [*] 2004 - allowing of tremendous skillgains by afk fapping all day which caused uber avatars with crazy stats to this very day
    [*] 2004 - not addressing duplication of items bug introducing too many great stats weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Original compet turn in announcement about calypso
    https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bul...nouncement.xml
    Never showed up on calypso... only npc was in arkadia...
    Oct 2018 vu http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/entr...e-notes.14796/
    ------
    As for the level 7 export on monria pets I think it was in 2018 some time... mods on monria forum announced it in some vu and forum post somewhere I cannot find at the moment
    -----
    2X0 related thread from 2005 http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...ll=1#post77756
    Post around 2007 talk about old days when 2x0 had electric damage so around 2008 or so I think... some old vu notes can probably give you better time frame probably.
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...l=1#post535661
    Big amps on little gun nerf happened around same time as 2x0 nerf. A105, etc used to fit on tt guns, etc. They changed it so max amp could do is 50% of base weapons damage as add on damage.
    Last edited by girtsn; 05-13-2019 at 07:18.
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    high efficiency stuff & looter skills restarted working for me as of October 2019

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by girtsn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have added your point to the second list - yet kept the positive side mentioned by Piotr
    [*] 2018.4 - crafting mechanics revamp - perceived drop of success rate in crafting
    - http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post3710377
    You forgot the most important part, many of the ~90% return near successes being replaced by ~25% & ~50% return near successes, ~33% return near successes got removed...

    It's not a perceived drop of success rate, success rate gone up a litte, but getting successes is more volatile.
    Last edited by Alukat123; 05-13-2019 at 08:43.

  8. #28
    Slayer girtsn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Belgium
    Avatar
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Posts
    7,224
    Images
    390
    Updated accordingly I hope
    [*] 2018.4 - crafting mechanics revamp - perceived success rate gone up a little, but getting successes is more volatile.
    - observed many of the ~90% return near successes being replaced by ~25% & ~50% return
    - observed near successes, ~33% return near successes got removed...
    - http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post3710377

    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You forgot the most important part, many of the ~90% return near successes being replaced by ~25% & ~50% return near successes, ~33% return near successes got removed...

    It's not a perceived drop of success rate, success rate gone up a litte, but getting successes is more volatile.
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    high efficiency stuff & looter skills restarted working for me as of October 2019

  9. #29
    Mutated mastermesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Billy Bar
    Avatar
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Posts
    14,586
    Blog Entries
    10
    Images
    1745
    2018 removed planet entry fee...

    Have to dig history a bit to find date estate monthly fee was removed (although it could still come back?)

  10. #30
    Slayer girtsn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Belgium
    Avatar
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Posts
    7,224
    Images
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Alina View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ???? - drop Easter Rings 2016 - left hand disaster

    So loot 2.0 came and Mr Smilgs bought this ring without knowing how loot 2.0 works lucky for him a rich korean started playing and he sold it fast. You don't even have the decency to say you mess up.
    funny how off-topic moderation only works one way

    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2018 removed planet entry fee...
    Have to dig history a bit to find date estate monthly fee was removed (although it could still come back?)
    Thanks added in 2018 for now both[*] 2018 - removal of planet entry fee, estate maintenance monthly fee
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    high efficiency stuff & looter skills restarted working for me as of October 2019

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook