congratulations to messi

Status

girtsn

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
Girts Smilgs Niedra
Since messi has been referring to his recent achievements but not disclosing them, would like to congratulate him and list the good stuff - hopefully this does not go against the forum rules as is just conclusions based on EntropiaLife statistics - feel free to add any.
If not, congratulations to the new moderators.

1. 5k+ hof almost every month like clockwork

2. FEN - 72 total worthwhile items, 3 avatars looted 17 items (~24%) and 7 avatars looted 26 items (~36%)
* 2019.01.23 - Skildek Negator FEN Edition
* 2019.01.18 - Electric Attack Nanochip XIII FEN Edition
* 2019.01.03 - Electric Attack Nanochip XIII FEN Edition
* 2018.12.18 - Castorian Combat Mace Mk.VI FEN Edition
* 2018.12.17 - Improved Fast Aid Pack FEN Edition

3. recent rares:
* Halloween Ring 2018 Gaina Messi91 Cristi Sat, 11 May 2019 00:12:27
* 2019.04.15 - EWE LC-625 Gleamer
* Halloween Ring 2018 Gaina Messi91 Cristi Sun, 28 Apr 2019 20:52:37

Last edited:
Was about to post some similar thread :D about mr "Premium" i wont name him since i dont want to go against forum rules

And that just when linzey disapeared. Not weird at all i guess.

And 2 halloween rings????
Ok, i thought, maybe i m speaking bad, maybe he is oppening thousands of strongboxes everyday
So i checked the rare item list to see how many dozens of "small" rings he looted between the two halloweens (worth 40k each)>He looted exactly 0. Just 2 halloween rings straight in a row. No junk for Mr premium .

Mr premium can also ad an extra 10 minutes to his mayhem score after the event is over. And we just have to shut up.
Mr premium is allowed to use hunting bots (what a nice show in aurli cave)
Mr premium allowed to use autoaim bot (nice show earlyer in lg)

This is a lot to take for a single player

I guess the Linzeys, "Mr premium" n co are the reason why this game will never grow up.

gz to messi he realy is best :yay: and you all are envy on him, i watched him on fu twich stream he miss also :yup:. Cant wait to see tomorrow LG wish evryone good luck :yay::yay::yay:

if MA started, they can no longer stop this bullshit having bet as in the N1 ATH on a misleading advertisement. What do you want MA to do if they lose their mascot who has received help in return for the exposure of these videos . IF MA stop they will have to find a solution to avoid bad publicity and found another argument. After all, nothing says that his account is open to withdrawal. the cost of a Romanian employee is not very high.

I've come to conclusion after over a decade playing, that as long as I've got a decent eco weapon (which I do now) and my loot ticks along ok, it's really not worth worrying about the other stuff. It will just eat away at you, it's not good for your well being.

Is it really worth fighting for that top 5, why not be happy moving forward with anywhere in top 100 or top 50 and save yourself a ton of cash, and still have fun.

Sometimes it frustrates me on item pricing when a few people have most if items. But hey do you need all the extra gear anyway?

Life is too short, and before you know it you're be 70 years old, and say f**k, I gave most of it to a game.

It's much better for your soul, to treat it as some entertainment you enjoy.

Rick.

I've come to conclusion after over a decade playing, that as long as I've got a decent eco weapon (which I do now) and my loot ticks along ok, it's really not worth worrying about the other stuff. It will just eat away at you, it's not good for your well being.

Is it really worth fighting for that top 5, why not be happy moving forward with anywhere in top 100 or top 50 and save yourself a ton of cash, and still have fun.

Sometimes it frustrates me on item pricing when a few people have most if items. But hey do you need all the extra gear anyway?

Life is too short, and before you know it you're be 70 years old, and say f**k, I gave most of it to a game.

Rick.

Rick now sticks up for Messi after years of abuse from Messi hmmm who’s on the payroll now?

A while ago, a noob posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by dombath View Post
I have had my suspicions of this for a long time. I dont think foma is one though

Mate, this serious talking i make here. Was in a very good relation with a very high skilled avatar. Every time we were saying , if we pass to eachother town, to meet. 6 times I`ve been in his town and 6 times he refused. No reason.
Last time I got suspicious. Ive asked him about blah blah ...he said- Im at home , nothing to do, bored. Wish we could grab a beer. I said- m8 tomorrow i have a flight and gotta stay for 3 days in a hotel before i go to vessel. Wanna meet? No, again. And much more that i cant remember. Times he was playing related to his time zone and regarding his very busy job. Just dont fit.
One time, he said cya, logged off, we were team hunting. Ive seen his ava dissapear, message in main chat. 30 secs after he was getting a god damn global on a prowler spider on the other side of the freakin planet- very SSE near rig. Old ones know the area.
I pmed him to gratz but he was friggin offline.
And many other questionable facts i`ve noticed. But....butt..

Rick.

he does got the uberest melee weapon in the game. isn't that the way uberest weapons are supposed to work?

he does got the uberest melee weapon in the game. isn't that the way uberest weapons are supposed to work?

Only the item cannot win the lottery. It takes far beyond that.
Each avatar, no matter of skills, items, etc. has ups and downs.
Mr. Surprise has no downs so he`ll follow Linz and few other soon.
MA just gets rid of any liability at any time, doesn`t matter the cooperation type that existed.

Ask Girtsn, at half a million skills and all high end gear used, as eco as he is, how much money deposits per 12 months.

Huge GZ to Messi I would say and keep going :)

I prefer to think that MA would not be doing anything as stupid as setting preferences over individual avatars.
There are obvious factors like big turnover, looter skills and efficiency and dpp.
However, for the FEN event item distribution it still does not balance out to make it statistically possible same as for looting special rings without getting noticeable worse rings.

Largely what remains is the loot system which always has had some patterns that made it exploitable (looting most items just after events start / go given, better timezones, overamping, waves, coming back after inactivity, new avatar luck, looting bigger event points just after other big points given in, ...)

If you were to figure out how it works and say
* knew how to overamp / set dps correctly per mob type to maximize your chances of items
* based on wave stackable drops / other patterns figured out a time when to try for special rings
* only went for high lvl, low hp mobs to maximize the skill bonuses and make leaps of skillgains over the silly people shooting high hp mobs

gz to you and buddies? or should it be more dynamic / fair when it is clear the current patterns are figured out to not piss off everyone besides?

p.s.
if you did indeed figure it out, would you call it a lucky break and give some of it back to beginners?

If I thought MA favoured certain avatars, gave them special loot etc. I wouldn't play. I'm surprised anyone would?!?

Rgds

Ace

A few observations from my side:
The system does not check if an avatar lootet a rare/special item, which in fact makes it possible for said avatar to loot multiple rare/special items in a row.
In addition to the loot waves of the system which lead to pay outs (globals/hofs) there is the 'loot waves' generated by avatars due to cycling alot - leading to 'return globals/hofs'. So if the amount cycled is high enough and the mob is the right size and either hunted exclusively or in a way that is surpassing all competing hunters by large margin then it is very possible to hit 4 digit hofs with a high probability.
Outside of the usual itemdrop waves right after server reboot and waves resulting thereof - Rare items/special items seem to be awarded preferably to those avatars who have the highest killcount of a hunted creature, which in turn favours avatar who practically 'live' at a certain spawn.

Alot of perceived 'favouritism' is easily explainable by the above methods in the system which can be playercontrolled to a large degree if one has the right budget to sustain it.

It must be terrible to always be jealous of others and unable to enjoy the game on your own terms.
messi created a thread for giving some back to the beginners as of recent superb luck, I became interested what that luck was after FEN, since his thread was not the correct place to summarize it for everyone else interested, created this one based on EntropiaLife data for last half year.

As for jealously, can only comment for myself, I have been blessed with quite some nice items over the years, sure they have not been 6 in a half year or not in the same class as linzey's guns or multiple full esi's from shared loot (as I consider that leaching) - but still the list is not bad
  • 2012.07.06 - modified shadow feet
  • 2013.07.16 - doa slugstorm
  • 2013.09.02 - modified shadow feet
  • 2014.01.17 - eron soulsplitter
  • 2014.07.30 - modified shadow helm
  • 2015.06.18 - full esi and rx arms
  • 2017.08.04 - a204 amp
  • 2017.10.12 - imp trauma amp
  • 2018.12.20 - impfap ten edition
the thing that does worry me is the balance and the nature of the loot system has shown that it is exploitable over the years (looting most items just after events start / go given, better chances for drop by / switching habits, better timezones, overamping, waves, coming back after inactivity, new avatar luck, looting bigger event points just after other big points given in, ...) and then recent
  • the statistical improbabilities of fen item distribution
  • seeming looting of special rings with seeming lack of "normal rings" (have the rare loots been moderated to not include normal rings perhaps?)
  • getting hofs like clockwork almost every month, likely resulting in the quoted 98% tt return which is impossible consistently for me anyway
  • the skill bonuses for high lvl low hp mobs making big hp mobs typically used for MA events useless for skilling

then again I should not be worried as of this
Magnus Eriksson:
There is a dedicated balancing team that is continuously monitoring and adjusting the design, balancing and availability of all items and resources in Entropia Universe. Great care is taken to ensure that those systems are fair for all participants, and promote a dynamic, vibrant and healthy economy.

Last edited:
it seems to me to be the opposite at least in land spawns (maybe different for instances?) - drop by hunters / switching mobs regularly seem to have a bigger chance to get something than grinders, it happened for me on eomon stalkers with the 2 mod shadow parts, slugstorm on eo dominant maturity which I never grinded, 2 good items (mod shadow and adj fap) in a team which I never did before
rare items/special items seem to be awarded preferably to those avatars who have the highest killcount of a hunted creature, which in turn favours avatar who practically 'live' at a certain spawn.

it seems to me to be the opposite at least in land spawns (maybe different for instances?) - drop by hunters / switching mobs regularly seem to have a bigger chance to get something than grinders, it happened for me on eomon stalkers with the 2 mod shadow parts, slugstorm on eo dominant maturity which I never grinded, 2 good items (mod shadow and adj fap) in a team which I never did before

I assume that it is just like with hofs, which can come from two different 'waves' (the server wave and the personal wave that results from cycled peds) - the same likely holds true for items. Mid/lowrange items for which this is very perceivable are the aurli bones and the monria chapters as well as that gravis gun that drops on ark all the time for the same people.

Not that i know more then you but arnt you not suppose to switch mobs when luck sucks? why keep going at a spawn if all it does is produce loses or no fun? we all know theirs a limited item count well more so for mining. As for new character luck that is load of rubbish i have had a new account now for 3 months and i see no difference to my previous one loot wise.

Rare item drops i do agree though i have seen myself they do drop in waves and as soon as i got a corrosive attack nanochip ul from a borum male i switched to ambu and boom first 3 mobs a a101 droped.

I am not saying it happens now but there were multiple periods of newly created avatars getting 5k hofs on different mobs daily (a period of atroxes and a period of kerberos comes to mind), my point was to indicate that the list of such exploitable loot patterns is long and spans years
As for new character luck that is load of rubbish

A while ago, a noob posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by dombath View Post
I have had my suspicions of this for a long time. I dont think foma is one though

Mate, this serious talking i make here. Was in a very good relation with a very high skilled avatar. Every time we were saying , if we pass to eachother town, to meet. 6 times I`ve been in his town and 6 times he refused. No reason.
Last time I got suspicious. Ive asked him about blah blah ...he said- Im at home , nothing to do, bored. Wish we could grab a beer. I said- m8 tomorrow i have a flight and gotta stay for 3 days in a hotel before i go to vessel. Wanna meet? No, again. And much more that i cant remember. Times he was playing related to his time zone and regarding his very busy job. Just dont fit.
One time, he said cya, logged off, we were team hunting. Ive seen his ava dissapear, message in main chat. 30 secs after he was getting a god damn global on a prowler spider on the other side of the freakin planet- very SSE near rig. Old ones know the area.
I pmed him to gratz but he was friggin offline.
And many other questionable facts i`ve noticed. But....butt..

lol thanks for those informations!

Same happened when the "old " linzey which was my socmate and friend, sold avatar to the "blessed" linzey longg before. The new linzey thried to make me believe he was still my old friend, and after i confronted him with some facts he couldnt continue to lie anymore. He also bought Stryker avatar after and won events on multiple avatars for a long time. When it became too obvious and Mindark clearly stated in event rules that noone is allowed to run multiple avatars in an event, linzey disapeared from events.

I think "mr premium messi" case is different, i started to be suspicious almost at begining of his playing. Christmas mayhem 2015, last day of event, monday morning 9am, he was not even in top 10, then in 1h he got 2x5k (at that time 5k was showing as a rare find) AND an HSL on yulebot which made him jump from out of top 10 to first place.

As for the FEN event, as smilgs stated, i dont see how statistically it is possible seeing how many players was hunting. Even hunting 24/7 dont explain , 10 avatar looting 60% of the items is totally dumb!!!

Can somebody make it simple for ignorant people like me ?

What is the conclusion ? He is a MA employee ? A cheater ? A rich person ? A "lucky" person ?

Sorry, but I don't really understand :(

He is either a MA employee, or more likely is told by an MA employee where and when to hunt.

This is so sad ... Smilgs , Helena.... your frustration is over the limit ... maybe if you shoot more and you don’t remain closed in your little dark box of ignorance you will have also the same opportunity.
PS : one guy that looted 3 fen claws had the patience to hunt for the entire FEN event small and medium argonauts. Tens of k ... what you expect ? While people kill 30 Agrash in one hour he kill 300 Argo , more chances for him , it’s about simple maths . Smigls , instead of crying about the results of others why don’t you train and learn how to win the next event ? You have the resourses as Messi have . Tbh I see Messi giving his best in events only in the last moment when you talking about time counting , because the he knows better what time he needs to beat , Jenna for example a top competitor he’s doing a good time everytime and then stops and Messi is playing his last chance in the last hours of event , while others are waiting the event to finish. And then after he get on first place in the last minutes nobody can try and beat him over cuz is no time left . So I don’t think isn’t something wrong with using your brain to gain advantage over others...

Always has been the case with this game over the years. Some people has more conexions. Look how he showed he had a referral link somewhere in an other thread. Now try to get one for yourself.
It is pyramidal scheme, classical.

Yea, congratulations to Messi!

Even though this thread is just a weak attempt to be able to bash someone publicly I have to say none of his activities seems suspicious to me except maybe the not getting any junk rings between the halloween ones. But I'm sure he just figured something out the rest of us havent.

Status
Back