PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 114
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont blame many of our big hunters for getting a bit frustrated here, I know alot of big players cycling and open the same amount of boxes and grinds as much as messi and they dont get the near the same as him. But i refuse to believe it has anything to do with MA or Linzey who has been inactive in awhile now. I choose to be naive and believe its dynamic and timing. Same as when Junkman ripped the all the FEN items.... Dont see ppl suppecting him of inside information....

    But when thats said i get the frustration
    Ofcourse you do! You running around wasting other peoples peds must be sooo tough on you! And then you have to go and ask for more. I really do feel for you.

    Im curious though! How many boxes does Messi and the others (who btw?) open? Since you claim to know alot of "big players" opening same amount of boxes surely you must know the numbers to be able to compare! You keep impressing! You, who time and time again proves what a knowledgable participant of this universe you are.

    Oh and if I may go a little bit off topic to help you out: I dropped by your stream a while back when you were mining.
    Theres a thing called overlapping you know. When mining you shouldnt actually just run around seemingly random and spam drop whenever the cooldown is off (planet side) you absolute genius of an entropia player.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoliquid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone has a violin?

    Has this universe always been like this?

    Like when other Ubers log in from a very long vacation, they log in for like a couple hours, then hof in the first 3, then log out.

    We already know how this shit works.

    Yea? And how many log in and DONT get a hof? Im sure you, same as Euphoria, have stats to show its an anomoly and not just your biased gut feeling!

    All you people see is the achievements and not all the misses and hard work.

  2. #62
    Old Alpha Aloisius's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Fort Fury
    Avatar
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Posts
    1,118
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont blame many of our big hunters for getting a bit frustrated here, I know alot of big players cycling and open the same amount of boxes and grinds as much as messi and they dont get the near the same as him. But i refuse to believe it has anything to do with MA or Linzey who has been inactive in awhile now. I choose to be naive and believe its dynamic and timing. Same as when Junkman ripped the all the FEN items.... Dont see ppl suppecting him of inside information....

    But when thats said i get the frustration
    haha i remeber a time when i saw junkman on the smuggler spawn at arkadia and i'm like "hmmm wasn't he the guy that looted all those guns at FEN. i should fckn follow him. i bet he knows something." and i pulled this delta smuggler right near him, but it was too big for me i died. so junkman and some others helped finish it off(including bonnie and black)and boom. 36k ath. i got my biggest loot ever. 5k woohoo. ya he's not an insider and pirates are not stealing cahoots either.

  3. #63
    Dominant The Abomb's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Avatar
    Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    373
    Images
    13
    Let me throw my non bias objective thoughts into this.

    First of all obviously when it come to loot distribution in any game it needs to be fair. In this game it isn't for various reasons and it's because of programming and lack of an activity that we see in balancing loot. In games that have Unique or Legendary items when someone finds one often the Loot algorithm now will stunt their ability to find another item. Then the player that hasn't found one their chances are increased. This term is coined "Bad Loot Protection" This is to give players the feeling that if they play they have a fair shake at the system. This game obviously need some sort of algorithm for "Bad Loot Protection" pretty simple. It doesn't have one so it isn't fair.

    This "Bad Loot Protection" prevents one player from gathering "ALL" the loot and evens the playing field. We want all players to feel they have and equal chance and that just isn't how people feel because it isn't equal.

    Next please can we stop the turnover lie. I know saying it has to do with turnover might help you sleep at night but Finding FEN or Rare items, getting HOFs has next to nothing to do with turnover. "IF" it had to do with turnover then we could just grind and find rare items and get HOFs. This thread wouldn't exist. It has to do with an algorithm, and exploitable loot mechanics. It's like sitting down at a poker table with someone who can count cards. If you can't count then you aren't going to win.

    For boxes being opened it has nothing to do with volume opened as we well know to find rare items. MA said in a thread what part of the loot algorithm for that was. It has to do with "Where" you are and "What" you are wearing as part of the formula. Then of course it come down to timing and "Other" factors. What you want to put in that "Other" category is up to you.

    I bought 5 Christmas boxes in 2016 and the very first box I opened was the 2016 Christmas ring. Was this pay back for bad loot? Was it just "What" "Where" and "Other" being triggered? Up to you I have my own theories.

    Finally and most importantly "Where" is this dedicated balancing team? Who are they? What are their names? How often are they going to talk to us about loot and rare items along with balancing? Honestly the balancing team should be chiming in on this thread, and every month to the community. They should be investigating any irregularities to make sure it doesn't happen again. One Avatar finding a lot of items is an irregularity that should be ended. The balancing team needs to be proactive and I hope that they can read some of this thread and realize that they need to be.

    I don't think this thread is about jealously. I wish when people present facts to get answers they would stop being looked at as jealous or that they are complaining. It is factually true that Avatars getting a higher % of X is wrong and it needs to be fixed. This is a true statement. This is also part of the reason why we don't have a flourishing player base and good player retention.

    So I just hope the balancing team can be transparent, active and fix issues with the loot algorithm in the future. If anything comes out of this thread that is my hopes. I also hope that Box and Rare loot isn't manipulated in the future. It should be impossible to loot duplicate rare rings. Key word there impossible and if the loot algorithm was correct it would never happen.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 05-13-2019 at 13:59.
    The Abomb now has Remarkable Wood! Level 45 Resource Gatherer, 5,233 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,287 Martial Arts
    I am growing strongah with the Force - 3,877 Force Merge

    Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

  4. #64
    Elite SuperKanjo's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Holland
    Avatar
    Janko SuperKanjo vd Haak
    Society
    Kaos
    Posts
    3,826
    Images
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by girtsn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The question about the other stuff is how can you pull off to loot special rings in the perceived lack of normal rings
    As far as i know the normal rings don't drop from seasonal boxes, so you can't say anything about this.
    Account Created 2006-03-03

  5. #65
    Elite Alainax's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    Normandie
    Avatar
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Posts
    3,407
    Images
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloisius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so junkman and some others helped finish it off(including bonnie and black)and boom. 36k ath. i got my biggest loot ever. 5k woohoo. ya he's not an insider and pirates are not stealing cahoots either.




    I had no idea who it was when I went to see what they were up to, just got lucky
    /join #space_travel 4000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, yes, yes so y'all are the hottest skill'in team in the universe....
    EU Discord 1200+ members https://discord.gg/wjBh75B

  6. #66
    Marauder Manique's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Portugal
    Avatar
    Paulo Manique Santos
    Society
    In Da Pocket
    Posts
    6,509
    Images
    185
    When you see this thread after being inactive a while makes you certain than it is the best thing you could've done.
    If you think kids fighting about who is momy's favorite lil boy is a silly lil kid's joke
    wait till you see how the big boy's "who's the favourite" or "who's got the biggest e-Wiener" sounds silly.

    I'd say easy, if you don't feel happy, leave, if all take that path the "chosen" ones got no hiearchy to be on to top off.

    Or maybe get a bigger dose of RL, once you see it you see how really toxic and degrading the comunity is for the most part (overall, some of my best friends i met in EU).

    @Smilgs , if you wanna be in his place, do what he does instead of having shooters doing it for you, remember a saying here, your best friend is your own penis, its near your butthole and won't fuck it,

    Also you feel happy? I don't think i'd have the pacience this guy has to be each day 15h or more a day hunting.
    He's there because he chose to be there, noy because someone magicly placed him there

    Ask how much Messi's path to profitability was before he hit that rank.

    You've as old as the game is almost, messi in few years overtook most cos of his no-life, type of gaming, and again, he placed himself there because he was willing to do so.

    Anyways,
    Chill pills, take it easy, more i see it, more i wanna login and finally sell of my storage and withdraw tbh, i see MA's decisions not going anywhere,

    -New comunity manager that always disapears and never lives up to his name
    -same ol' events and chances for the same ol' people, other can't really have real life if they want to have a chance.
    -They always refresh things in a way, that you must always invest tons to be even on mid game range, making your gear from good to trash in an eye blink

    I could name few more but meh
    Landed on Calypso: 10th September 2007

    Mission/Quest EU

    LiveStream Channel

  7. #67
    Guardian WezteN's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Sweden
    Avatar
    WezteN Lakritsrem Godispåse
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Posts
    360
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperKanjo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As far as i know the normal rings don't drop from seasonal boxes, so you can't say anything about this.
    u are so wrong….

  8. #68
    Alpha Euphoria's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    Denmark
    Avatar
    Sanne Euphoria Larsen
    Society
    Too Hot To Hof
    Posts
    579
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Lord View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ofcourse you do! You running around wasting other peoples peds must be sooo tough on you! And then you have to go and ask for more. I really do feel for you.

    Im curious though! How many boxes does Messi and the others (who btw?) open? Since you claim to know alot of "big players" opening same amount of boxes surely you must know the numbers to be able to compare! You keep impressing! You, who time and time again proves what a knowledgable participant of this universe you are.

    Oh and if I may go a little bit off topic to help you out: I dropped by your stream a while back when you were mining.
    Theres a thing called overlapping you know. When mining you shouldnt actually just run around seemingly random and spam drop whenever the cooldown is off (planet side) you absolute genius of an entropia player.





    Yea? And how many log in and DONT get a hof? Im sure you, same as Euphoria, have stats to show its an anomoly and not just your biased gut feeling!

    All you people see is the achievements and not all the misses and hard work.
    OHHHH i wish it wasnt my money was losing but sadly im retarded enough to hit that depo feature a bit to much :P
    so babycakes i sadly have to dissapoint you its not me who is frustrated, i dont play in that lvl others is <3

    and yes i suck at mining i have no idea what im doing when it comes to that :P

    and NO i know shit about this game :P i normally tell ppl never to do what im doing cuz its not gonna work :P

    but thx for the support of my stream <3 i am an attention whore so keep doing so :P
    Hunter for The Infamous Serenity.

    Follow me on www.twitch.tv/euphoriadk

  9. #69
    Old Alpha Detritus's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Avatar
    Detritus the Troll
    Posts
    779
    Images
    16
    Have you guys ever considered that these alleged "chosen" players are not the the product of some grand conspiracy, rather this is just a game and they are simply better at it?


    @girtsn: Doing something for a long time doesn't necessarily make you good at it. Maybe instead of constantly posting about how unfair you think the game is treating you or how you feel others' successes are the result of favoritism, you need to try and figure out if the problem isn't you.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

  10. #70
    Prowler Evey's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Avatar
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Posts
    1,592
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you guys ever considered that these alleged "chosen" players are not the the product of some grand conspiracy, rather this is just a game and they are simply better at it?


    @girtsn: Doing something for a long time doesn't necessarily make you good at it. Maybe instead of constantly posting about how unfair you think the game is treating you or how you feel others' successes are the result of favoritism, you need to try and figure out if the problem isn't you.
    +1

    Not addressing smilgs necessarily, but to all conspiracy theorists out there and to newer players.

    How people believe these retarded conspiracies AND STILL play/deposit/spend a lot of time it's beyond any logic.
    Too hard/expensive to leave? Investing more is definitely not going to make it easier/cheaper.

    There's no such thing as hot loot, right timing, right mob, insider info what to hunt when to hunt. There's only CONSISTENCY. Period. Consistency alone is even higher than the luck factor. Being lucky will get you an item, being consistent will get you many and with that, as seen in this thread, the community's love

    The loot thingy is a programming function with some variables you don't actually need/have to get the dev team to explain it to you as they said they can't talk about loot, ESPECIALLY in your support cases.

    Everyone has a brain and in this game using it is not optional. Using the wallet instead of your brain it will be extremely easy to fail miserably. But you don't actually need a big wallet to get to endgame.

    I can understand people being frustrated but that frustration should be aimed towards thing you could have done better, not at others. Stop looking in other people's wallets/bags and stick to improving your game overall - not only your gear but what you do with it it is super important too.

    Twitch channel
    | EntropiaLife profile | PM for "Eve's mod fap fen service" | Face masks

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook