PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 71
  1. #61
    Elite Kerham's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    to the moon and back
    Avatar
    Kerawan Kerham Maddahy
    Society
    Project Y
    Posts
    4,626
    Images
    59
    Decent point )

  2. #62
    Slayer GoNi's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Calypso, Sakura City
    Avatar
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    7,493
    Images
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, but 87.3% + 14% is higher than 100%.
    Where did you learn math?

    87.3 x 1.14 = 99.422%

    Still not higher than 100

  3. #63
    Guardian allarom's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Estonia
    Avatar
    Allar allarom Mark
    Posts
    337
    Images
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where did you learn math?

    87.3 x 1.14 = 99.422%

    Still not higher than 100
    what is this calculation?

    so if i have 95% return and one day decide to get +1% by better efficiency, i get 95*1.01=95.95% and next day i decide it is not enough and raise another +1%, i get 95.95*1.01=96.9095‬%?

    at the same time another dude goes straight +2% from 95% and he gets 95*1.02=96.9‬%? a bit unfair or what?


    efficiency and looter level impact added to base return as simple addition, whatever this base return is
    take my advice, i dont`t use it anyway!

  4. #64
    I'm not convinced looter profession adds 7% between 0 and 100. MA never said that - it's based on testing which may be flawed.

    What I know is that my TT returns dropped from 96% to 93% after looter introduction and I'm around 30lvl looter. So 70 missing looter levels decreased my TT returns by only 3% instead of expected 5%. I'm using exactly same setup, same mob, same spawn, same hours, etc. And I have good averaging since my favorite style is single/double shooting punies with TT rifle so I have a lot of kills per hour.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimon Frey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not convinced looter profession adds 7% between 0 and 100. MA never said that - it's based on testing which may be flawed.

    What I know is that my TT returns dropped from 96% to 93% after looter introduction and I'm around 30lvl looter. So 70 missing looter levels decreased my TT returns by only 3% instead of expected 5%. I'm using exactly same setup, same mob, same spawn, same hours, etc. And I have good averaging since my favorite style is single/double shooting punies with TT rifle so I have a lot of kills per hour.
    So you believe in this random thought you had versus testing anything scientifically? I'm not saying you're wrong, but stating that a test may be flawed, and not pointing to any suspected flaw. Then backing it up with a much more flawed argument, (we don't know the number of kills for your baseline, your number of kills for the looter test, and plus....your test is based on specifics such as hitting multipliers at a specific time that would drive your average up 2%. There have been 100-200-300 ped punies, that if you hit one the day of this thought, would drive you up probably 5% and you'd think those looter levels actually just provided you additional TT), I am suspect. The tests that were done have multiple control factors and are not reliant on any sort of cycle the see the direct results.

  6. #66
    Stalker San's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Location
    That freaking cold place (in RL)
    Avatar
    Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Posts
    2,084
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimon Frey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not convinced looter profession adds 7% between 0 and 100. MA never said that - it's based on testing which may be flawed.
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...-2-0-Follow-Up

    "The Efficiency parameter is a relatively small component in loot calculations (no more than 7% of total loot value)."

    "The displayed Efficiency parameter for a given weapon does not correspond to expected overall loot return."

    These two sentences could be read in a way that leads to contradiction. Maybe an additional clarification would be helpful.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

  7. #67
    Dominant
    Joined
    May 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    england
    Avatar
    Laura woody wood
    Society
    Kaos
    Posts
    420
    Images
    20
    You guys ever thought the lln (law large numbers) is actually based on mob and not avatar as this would be classed as a personal loot pool in a way. This would explain why some get some wildly different tt returns if their missing the hofs or globals?

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...-2-0-Follow-Up

    "The Efficiency parameter is a relatively small component in loot calculations (no more than 7% of total loot value)."

    "The displayed Efficiency parameter for a given weapon does not correspond to expected overall loot return."

    These two sentences could be read in a way that leads to contradiction. Maybe an additional clarification would be helpful.
    I was referring to looter profession never being stated as 7% difference between 0 and 100, not efficiency.

  9. #69
    Stalker San's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Location
    That freaking cold place (in RL)
    Avatar
    Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Posts
    2,084
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimon Frey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was referring to looter profession never being stated as 7% difference between 0 and 100, not efficiency.
    Sorry my bad, got lost somewhere crawling the thread backwards. I do believe I saw it somewhere in an official statement though, but can't find it quickly now. If I come across it again I'll add it here. Could also be my memory is failing and you're right.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

  10. #70
    Stalker messi91's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Ro
    Avatar
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Posts
    2,148
    Images
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry my bad, got lost somewhere crawling the thread backwards. I do believe I saw it somewhere in an official statement though, but can't find it quickly now. If I come across it again I'll add it here. Could also be my memory is failing and you're right.
    there are no official statements about % on looter.Just community tests (not trust-able)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook