PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Prowler
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by unufain8 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They calculate the returns including markup. tested severall times
    No. Nope. No.
    IGN: Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho

Check out my stream! https://www.twitch.tv/lootdemon

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    No such thing.

Twitch channel
    | EntropiaLife profile | PM for "Eve's mod fap fen service" | Face masks

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post3606998

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie|MindArk View Post
    As mentioned earlier it includes all decay of weapons, ammo, armor etc associated with killing the creature. Repairing simply moves PED from one place to another much like buying/selling things from the TT, neither has an effect on loot or MindArk revenues.
    The loot system never accounts for markup. Not on markup spent on things like enhancers or limited weapons, nor on markup gained from loot such as oils, items and ESI etc, markup values are just transactions between players. It is always TT in vs TT out. These statistics also do not include any loot that was paid as tax on land areas, so the returns are actually slightly higher than stated here.
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    for chosens high efficiency stuff & looter skills work longterm - and others can go f... themselves. as usual

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Allar allarom Mark
    Images
    Ok, this is clear now. Their test subjects just had hell of a good period
    take my advice, i dont`t use it anyway!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images
    Love the naivety(or is it ???) of the calculations item stats to tt return.

Reminds me of coming back, buying imk2 and wondering why the dpp % increase over time did not seem reflected in tt return.
    Then getting around the same tt return with way lower dpp improved strikehammer.
    Then getting way better tt return with modmerc, even better with introduction of mk2 attachments
    Then 95% tt return for ~18 months whatever that was
    Then no improvement with loot 2.0.
    Then a change for the better with buying unique blade.
    Then again 95% tt return for 6 months whatever that was

Dynamic... But ~95% seems to be the non-chosen state.
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    for chosens high efficiency stuff & looter skills work longterm - and others can go f... themselves. as usual

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Ok i'm not a hunter (except when it comes to getting mats i need that are too expensive), so perhaps i don't understand something here (most likely). But if looter level affects your TT return by 0.07% per level (as found in another thread that had tested it), and efficency is supposed to affect your tt return by up to 7% (found on the link that girtsn posted above) ....then assuming that you had maxed on both you would receive 100% TT return (unlikely).

Wouldn't you be expecting to sit somewhere around 93% return with 55 efficiency and 47 looter?
    If you had maxed looter then you would sit somewhere around the 96%-97% return with 55 efficiency.

Also, reading the notes in that link that girtsn posted, it mentions that turnover is not the way to look at your return average, yes they used it as a chosen metric for the study group, but they also explain why:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie|MindArk View Post
    The amount of turnover isn't very relevant to the average return or volatility in return for any individual player. To reach a stable average return it's really the amount of loot instances or creatures killed that matters. As an example, if a player kills 2 Sand Kings spending about 5000 PED to do so the expected loot returned on those 2 kills can vary greatly. If instead killing 200,000 Punies also about 5000 PED the expected loot return is going to be very close to the expected average of 96%+ seen in the 2017 group. A more realistic example of this is perhaps spending 300 PED hunting Proterons vs spending 300 PED hunting small Argonauts where the Argonaut hunt will usually yield similar results and the Proteron hunt results can be all over the place since the loot events are so few.
    The reason turnover is chosen as the metric to present these statistics is because number of kills doesn't really say much about which level of players are in which category since anyone can kill a large number of mobs if they are small enough.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Allar allarom Mark
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    Wouldn't you be expecting to sit somewhere around 93% return with 55 efficiency and 47 looter?
    If you had maxed looter then you would sit somewhere around the 96%-97% return with 55 efficiency.
    Yes, I should. Does that mean that all the subjects in their observation was maxed out looters / effiensies?:
    Hunters with turnover of more than 50000 PED since Sept. 11 have enjoyed returns of 98.6% on average.
    Hunters with turnover between 10000 and 50000 PED since Sept. 11 have enjoyed returns of 97.05% on average.
    Accounts created in 2017 have enjoyed returns of 96.94% on average since the changes implemented on Sept. 11.
    Don't get me wrong, I never complained about my return, i know exactly what i am facing with at 55% eff. It's MA's statement vs reality that draws my attention
    take my advice, i dont`t use it anyway!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by girtsn View Post
    Love the naivety(or is it ???) of the calculations item stats to tt return.

Reminds me of coming back, buying imk2 and wondering why the dpp % increase over time did not seem reflected in tt return.
    Then getting around the same tt return with way lower dpp improved strikehammer.
    Then getting way better tt return with modmerc, even better with introduction of mk2 attachments
    Then 95% tt return for ~18 months whatever that was
    Then no improvement with loot 2.0.
    Then a change for the better with buying unique blade.
    Then again 95% tt return for 6 months whatever that was

Dynamic... But ~95% seems to be the non-chosen state.
    I actually think that DPP matters more than the eco stat. For instance your imk2 ancient is now rated number 29th best weapon on the entropia wiki list based on DPP (sorted for all weapons by DPP).

Now lets assume the loot goal posts moved slightly after the introduction of recent new gear, because many 'new' weapons are far superior on DPP than the Ancient imk2 excluding any attachments or rings etc.

Ancient imk2 is still good of course at 3.281 DPP, but there's a lot of new 'SIB' unlimited gear that can out rank it now. So what if the extra 1 or 2% your looking for is because of using an old weapon?

Even a weak argo FEN claw, would now appear to out rank an imk2 on DPP, on pure base weapon and you don't need level 100.

What do you think, am I talking bollocks?

Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by allarom View Post
    Yes, I should. Does that mean that all the subjects in their observation was maxed out looters / effiensies?:

Don't get me wrong, I never complained about my return, i know exactly what i am facing with at 55% eff. It's MA's statement vs reality that draws my attention
    Well we all know there is down swings and up swings....its not like every creature you loot is giving you the exact % you expect. The numbers they gave were based from 11th Sep 2017 to somewhere before the 27th Sept 2017 when they posted them. So it really is a short timeframe which would mean there is a good chance of variance, especially since we have no idea what those people spending over 50K peds were shooting....it might have been biased towards looking good since there was alot of talk about loot 2.0....not to say numbers are wrong, just maybe how they presented it????

It actually would be interesting to see what the numbers would now be since the change in Sept 2017.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast