Question: MA's numbers vs 1M cycle summary

Decent point :))

Okay, but 87.3% + 14% is higher than 100%.

Where did you learn math?

87.3 x 1.14 = 99.422%

Still not higher than 100

Where did you learn math?

87.3 x 1.14 = 99.422%

Still not higher than 100

what is this calculation? :D

so if i have 95% return and one day decide to get +1% by better efficiency, i get 95*1.01=95.95% and next day i decide it is not enough and raise another +1%, i get 95.95*1.01=96.9095‬%?

at the same time another dude goes straight +2% from 95% and he gets 95*1.02=96.9‬%? a bit unfair or what?

efficiency and looter level impact added to base return as simple addition, whatever this base return is

I'm not convinced looter profession adds 7% between 0 and 100. MA never said that - it's based on testing which may be flawed.

What I know is that my TT returns dropped from 96% to 93% after looter introduction and I'm around 30lvl looter. So 70 missing looter levels decreased my TT returns by only 3% instead of expected 5%. I'm using exactly same setup, same mob, same spawn, same hours, etc. And I have good averaging since my favorite style is single/double shooting punies with TT rifle so I have a lot of kills per hour.

I'm not convinced looter profession adds 7% between 0 and 100. MA never said that - it's based on testing which may be flawed.

What I know is that my TT returns dropped from 96% to 93% after looter introduction and I'm around 30lvl looter. So 70 missing looter levels decreased my TT returns by only 3% instead of expected 5%. I'm using exactly same setup, same mob, same spawn, same hours, etc. And I have good averaging since my favorite style is single/double shooting punies with TT rifle so I have a lot of kills per hour.

So you believe in this random thought you had versus testing anything scientifically? I'm not saying you're wrong, but stating that a test may be flawed, and not pointing to any suspected flaw. Then backing it up with a much more flawed argument, (we don't know the number of kills for your baseline, your number of kills for the looter test, and plus....your test is based on specifics such as hitting multipliers at a specific time that would drive your average up 2%. There have been 100-200-300 ped punies, that if you hit one the day of this thought, would drive you up probably 5% and you'd think those looter levels actually just provided you additional TT), I am suspect. The tests that were done have multiple control factors and are not reliant on any sort of cycle the see the direct results.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?298429-Developer-Notes-12-Loot-2-0-Follow-Up

"The Efficiency parameter is a relatively small component in loot calculations (no more than 7% of total loot value)."

"The displayed Efficiency parameter for a given weapon does not correspond to expected overall loot return."

These two sentences could be read in a way that leads to contradiction. Maybe an additional clarification would be helpful.

You guys ever thought the lln (law large numbers) is actually based on mob and not avatar as this would be classed as a personal loot pool in a way. This would explain why some get some wildly different tt returns if their missing the hofs or globals?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?298429-Developer-Notes-12-Loot-2-0-Follow-Up

"The Efficiency parameter is a relatively small component in loot calculations (no more than 7% of total loot value)."

"The displayed Efficiency parameter for a given weapon does not correspond to expected overall loot return."

These two sentences could be read in a way that leads to contradiction. Maybe an additional clarification would be helpful.

I was referring to looter profession never being stated as 7% difference between 0 and 100, not efficiency.

I was referring to looter profession never being stated as 7% difference between 0 and 100, not efficiency.

Sorry my bad, got lost somewhere crawling the thread backwards. I do believe I saw it somewhere in an official statement though, but can't find it quickly now. If I come across it again I'll add it here. Could also be my memory is failing and you're right.

Sorry my bad, got lost somewhere crawling the thread backwards. I do believe I saw it somewhere in an official statement though, but can't find it quickly now. If I come across it again I'll add it here. Could also be my memory is failing and you're right.

there are no official statements about % on looter.Just community tests (not trust-able)

there are no official statements about % on looter.Just community tests (not trust-able)

Not only there no official statement about % on looter but also nothing about how it works except if affects return TT is some way. So it maybe linear relation between 0 and 100 but not necessarily 7%, or maybe progressive scale with lower levels being more important, or maybe it's relative between your looter level and mob level like evade.

Back