PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    So for more then a week now i have every hunting run (more then 16) with returns between 78 and 90% tt returns,so...what Z fak ??? Are they planning a corporation holiday to Bahamas this summer and need some money from us to sponsor it?
    Lowering cost to play and improving overall returns my ass
    Last edited by Elmurfud; 05-29-2019 at 01:54. Reason: 3 more shitty hunting runs

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmurfud View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are they planning a corporation holiday to Bahamas this summer and need some money from us to sponsor it?
    Well, the servers have to be paid, electricity bill has to be paid, team has to be paid.

MA cant run EU for free, they have costs. They are not a charitable organisation, they are a company that have to make money.

What do you expect? Playing EU and become millionaire over night gifted by MA?

Its a damn game for entertainment you have to pay for!

Its free to play for those who understand how it works and know what to do and how to do, but those who manage to play for free play on costs for other players. The money they spent dont come from MA, it always has to come from other players.
    House always wins !

Old Alpha
    Svena svena Faraday
    Society
    The NBK
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    MA cant run EU for free, they have costs. They are not a charitable organisation, they are a company that have to make money.
    Here's the thing though, does this game feel like its a good value for the money spent?

All I remember from the last financial report was MA employs ~ 50 people. Does this game really feel like its got a crew of 50 competent people running it? I don't think it does, the last update was a reminder of this.

If anyone has more energy that I, could you go through the last report and see if they have a break down of what costs MA has? Like server vs labor vs debt vs whatever?

Goni I didn't say i want to become a millionaire from EU or that they don't have expenses as a company. What i was saying is that the loot return went terrible wrong after the Marcimex event patch. Before i was between 90 and 96% each run and didn't complain,I can deal with that because as you said the company has expenses. But now with every run feeling like a rip off I need to complain.I hunt daily for a few hours so I can see they played with the greed button and seems like i'm not the only one who seen that.
    And as Svena pointed out, for more then a week now I don't see the value for spending time and money here and i'm very sure i'm not the only one.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Little update.

last time:

21/MAY/19 71 maces -884 ped
    22/MAY/19 73 maces -746 ped
    23/MAY/19 82 maces -884 ped
    24/MAY/19 86 maces -1349 ped (-464 loss in two maces)
    24/MAY/19 88 maces -1465 ped (-115 loss in another two maces) same day
    25/MAY/19 90 maces -1808 ped (-343 loss in two more maces)
    26/MAY/19 92.5 maces -2473 ped (-665 loss over 2.5 maces) added another £200 for bank roll
    29/MAY/19 98.5 maces -2741 ped (-267 loss over 6 maces)
    30/MAY/19 104.5 maces -2870 (-129 loss over 5 maces)
    31/MAY/19 110.5 maces -2917 (53 ped PROFIT over 6 maces)
    01/JUNE/19 116.5 maces -2874 (-58 ped over 6 maces), last 12 maces not bad
    02/JUNE/19 124 maces -2793 (81 ped PROFIT over 7.5 maces)
    03/JUNE/19 131 maces -3074 (-280 over 7 maces) Start of card clean triggered on my ava.
    04/JUNE/19 235 maces -3254 (-180 loss over 4 maces)
    05/JUNE/19 139 maces -3892 (-636 loss over 4 maces) result includes -58 loss for small amount of taming.
    Switched between CP Kretlins, CP caves, Caprons, and finally spiders...nothing looting.
    06/JUNE/19 I didn't count the maces, I chased it looking everywhere for loot, but was set on global ban.
    finished -4508 down that day (another -617 ped loss for Thursday hunting)

Current card balance 849 ped (includes any MU for oils currently in auction).

Skilling was good went from 6310 clubs to 7254 (from 08/MAY/19 to 06/JUNE/19), more skill, higher the losses...funny stuff.

I suspect MA management went for card cleans for anyone that hadn't deposited in June, even though I deposited on 26th May. Possibly worth thinking about, if you depo near the end of a current month.

Anyway I have no regrets trying a FEN weapon, to see if it was the saviour, and if it was possible to hunt 'hard'.
    £400 hunting budget is enough for me for one month, I was hoping more in the range of £200 a month, for a game that I'm unlikely to loot anything epic....so its just expensive skilling really.

All future depo's are currently on hold, if I can't do a month skilling with a FEN weapon for around 3K - 4K ped cost, them I'm priced out as a player. The whole point of buying a FEN weapon was to make my hunting less costly, not more costly. So I need to have a good think, about if I'm prepared to deposit £200 for one weeks fun. Migration??? mmm maybe, 50/50.

All results after sales include MU, otherwise the figures would be much worse.

There you go folks, that's how the FEN stuff rolls, pay epic prices at your own peril. I guess 15K ped for my weapon is tiering costs for some people. So swings and roundabouts.

I have feeling I'm competing against avas with 40K ped rings etc, although ironically my hunting in the CP caves against those guys wasn't that bad. Capron hunting was the worst at times, especially if ubers were in the field, it felt like a complete ped drain during those hunts.

I feel that MA had ample opportunity to turn it around with the last 4 full days heavy losses, and generally a 'daily' loss no matter how many globals I got. So I'm not making excuses to myself, saying.... just maybe another £200 might do the trick. It won't, and it's a waste of time thinking it will.

There's a reason the hunting community is small in the game. Hey-ho I got to 68 placed hunter on tracker, it was fun to go all-in for as long as I could. The question is; is it good value for money....mmmmm.

Added 5187 skill points since the 8th May. Total skill 392850

GL out there

See ya when I feel prepared to add another budget. I wish every one fun on the muls. Wish I could join you, but my wife will kill me if I add more cash.

Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Thx for the detailed post.
    The saviour is clearly not in the Fen for you Rick.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sub-Zero The Killer
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Rick.. do you keep track of your actual TT in and TT out, in order to see your longterm TT return?

Those losses tell you nothing. And it's easy to get discouraged when you only see minus runs.

A FYI for you.
    I have a 79.5% efficiency gun with amp (lr-40 fen edition). Currently 70k ped cycled since I started tracking with it (2019-05-15) And I am at 97% TT return.

Last 4 days the loot has been bad for me as well. But it's important to have proper bankroll so u keep shooting or in your case swinging. So you can get your return up.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero; 06-07-2019 at 21:56.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    Thx for the detailed post.
    The saviour is clearly not in the Fen for you Rick.
    It is what it is.

Obviously we don't have to hunt full-on. But if we don't how the hell are we going to compete.
    The top few avas are all already way past level 200, then add the kit they got and the presents they get.

I think the gap now between the haves and have-nots is so huge, the system can't manage it. I read the whole of smilgs thread yesterday (twice.... taking it all in), and thought to myself, this guy spent a fortune on just a unique sword (with similar stats to my mace) then a shed of cash on a amp for it, before FEN amps dropped. Not to mention the levels he has, and he's not exactly happy with loot 2.0 So I take a few grand hit, oh well. I didn't get the awesome loots he's had, but I've not paid the cost of a real life house either (well I hope not, I forgot my depos, over the years).

I think EU for me now is pop in now and then and blast it up. Skilling is pretty pointless (not like it used to be).

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
    Rick.. do you keep track of your actual TT in and TT out, in order to see your longterm TT return?

Those losses tell you nothing. And it's easy to get discouraged when you only see minus runs.

A FYI for you.
    I have a 79.5% efficiency gun with amp (lr-40 fen edition). Currently 70k ped cycled since I started tracking with it (2019-05-15) And I am at 97% TT return.

Last 4 days the loot has been bad for me as well. But it's important to have proper bankroll so u keep shooting or in your case swinging. So you can get your return up.
    Well if my losses after sales of spleen and output amps (which I got a decent amount I reckon), and two small ESI's I think that's enough data. I measure my peds left at the end of runs and after sales, I've got a pretty empty storage it's easy to keep loot separated.

Full repair armour every run, so that stat equals to zero. I was running average 97% too I estimate, then last few days dropped to about 95%. Point is for heavy hunting it's too expensive, I wanted to try it though see what would happen.

We could argue all day about bank roll, although the reality is it shouldn't be possible to hit multiple $60 a session losses with one of the best weapons in the game. It should bounce a lot sooner.....I mean Christ where where the hofs for all that hunting. If the game says we want 10K bank roll, or 40K as some have suggested.. then I'm simply not interested in that bull=poo. Because I simply don't trust the system to pay it back, once they take it.

What I thought was interesting was as soon as I hit 'elite' rank in clubs, it went down hill fast. It was almost as if I'd been set at a skill limit, and then card clean. It's like MA said we've looked after you to that point, you're on your own now Rick. Pay us some more cash please.

I've felt for a while now that MA is almost manually correctly avas loots, but they can't look after one hunter all the time, so if they leave you for 2 days without the hand of God, the system simply screws your ava.

Tin foil hat maybe, I've got quality real life intuition skills.

EU is what it is. I wanted to learn what was possible with a good weapon and hard skilling. I now know that to get to just level 100 (which is 50% behind some of the other players), it's going to cost an absolute fortune to skill it.

I'm a realist, so I have enough skill to have some fun. So fine I'll just do some ad-hoc event hunts. MA makes the rules, so we build our play around those rules to what we can afford. I do think their business models is kinda crazy though, they would rather have a ad-hoc payment of £200, than a monthly payment of £200.

That's MA choice I guess. They had me since 2006, not done bad out of me I guess.

I've got current depo's on my credit card, I don't do debt very well (it stresses me, I don't like owing anyone). So I'll pay that off, and then maybe think about ad-hoc hunts.

What makes me laugh is I'd need a years income from my 500 CP shares just to cover one hunt losses…..Yeah ok MA. whatever.

It's all gravy

Rick is cool, just saying how it is. Laters and happy hunting. Don't throw your life savings at some f**ing gun, its not worth it.

Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    Wall of text

Ok so lets break this down...you burnt through 139 maces at 500 ped per mace. Did you also burn the same number in amp? If so then:

139 * (500+135) = 88265 ped in
    if we say you expect 95% return, then that should equal around -4413.25 loss.
    your saying you finished -3892 down at the end of 139 maces, so your sitting at 95.59% return.

But then your saying that was with MU? so have you recorded what your actual TT return was so we can see what your actual return % is? Otherwise that return % is within expected reasons.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    Ok so lets break this down...you burnt through 139 maces at 500 ped per mace. Did you also burn the same number in amp? If so then:

139 * (500+135) = 88265 ped in
    if we say you expect 95% return, then that should equal around -4413.25 loss.
    your saying you finished -3892 down at the end of 139 maces, so your sitting at 95.59% return.

But then your saying that was with MU? so have you recorded what your actual TT return was so we can see what your actual return % is? Otherwise that return % is within expected reasons.
    The Idea is that his wife said he can't put anymore money inside this pedsink. That is the real Bottom Line.
    There really is no choice.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast