PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sungam Sun Nosskire
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Idea is that his wife said he can't put anymore money inside this pedsink. That is the real Bottom Line.
    There really is no choice.
    I can only see one solution to this but I dont recomend it...
    Hofs, globals and exploration
    Toulan | 2008 | 2009 | Arkadia
    ============= | ============= | =============
    2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 |
    ============= | ============= | =============
    2015 |
    2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
    Faster than Lucky Luke...

Rick,I'll just say my personal observations about hunting and if you want to take anything out of this it's up to you.
    Skills and weapons are important but not as much as bankroll.If you can't hunt 5k mobs before you get broke then that mob it's out of your league.Period!
    You say you have a 200£/month budget?You shouldn't hunt mobs that cost more then 1ped/kill and even those can have some bad swings on that budget.This is a numbers game so Caperons and Aurli on 200£ budget means you just gamble...sorry to tell you this
    Why do I say all of these?Because I've seen that everything goes towards 96%+ between 5k and 10k mobs.For me anyway

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmurfud View Post
    Rick,I'll just say my personal observations about hunting and if you want to take anything out of this it's up to you.
    Skills and weapons are important but not as much as bankroll.If you can't hunt 5k mobs before you get broke then that mob it's out of your league.Period!
    You say you have a 200£/month budget?You shouldn't hunt mobs that cost more then 1ped/kill and even those can have some bad swings on that budget.This is a numbers game so Caperons and Aurli on 200£ budget means you just gamble...sorry to tell you this
    Why do I say all of these?Because I've seen that everything goes towards 96%+ between 5k and 10k mobs.For me anyway
    Bankroll is largely irrelevant for loot 2.0 though, you cant outrun a negative period if the new system 'limits' or caps your return at say 96%. That excludes any curve balls the system will throw in the mix, like say 2 days of horrendous returns across caly servers.

Even if the system throws a good loot at you, the system will instantly look to bring you back to the cap. So no amount of bankroll will allow a player to beat the cap.

It's possible to do a lot of grinding though in loot 2.0, without the curve balls like diverting loot to Ark events. It would appear to me that theres simply not enough players to sustain a decent loot pool under those circumstances on all planets.

Let's remember if loot is fairly stable you're costs are going to be about 4k ped per 100k turnover. Theres no way to find that in general MU. Its pretty easy to turn 100k with level 40 weapon in a 'grinding' game. So those running 300k turnover a month might need to find 12k ped in mu.

So it seems pretty obvious to me the game has evolved into an event based environment style of play. Grinding for skill is going to be expensive in loot 2.0 fir those keen to grind heavily.

People say adapt or die. Ok then i adapt to events, where the loot pool is much bigger. Even if it's not competing, and just in for some entertainment. Like Merry Mayhem or Halloween instances.

It's a shame, but the reality is that is the game environment we have been given now.

Rick.
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

You are so wrong mate.. bankroll management is even more important in loot 2.0 then it was before...
    If you don't believe me I challenge you to a test..next time you have 2k peds go and hunt Bery Young's with an ozpyn Chon+a101 or bukin's spare rifle adjusted+a101,don't convert shrapnel until you finish the run,only at the beginning of the new run...keep everything until you run out of peds and shrapnel and then see what returns you had tt wise...sell you stuff and see the overall return.This should keep you running for more then a month and you'll see how important bankroll management and kill count is under loot 2.0
    Last edited by Elmurfud; 06-09-2019 at 02:58.

Old Alpha
    Svena svena Faraday
    Society
    The NBK
    Images
    I'm pretty sure Rick knows about bankroll management

The stick here is that he wanted to "class up" with a fancy new weapon but stay at a lower burn rate.

Sure if you pick the right mob and dedicated yourself to it you can either work enough MU into the income or have a low enough burn rate that you can keep up. 200 bucks could power a tt weapon grinder for years but that's not the point.

The point is that the fancy new uber eco uber eff uber dpp weapons give the impression that you can hunt bigger and badder for less loss but that really isn't the case.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    bigdaddy longhairedlover trim
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    You are so wrong mate.. bankroll management is even more important in loot 2.0 then it was before...
    If you don't believe me I challenge you to a test..next time you have 2k peds go and hunt Bery Young's with an ozpyn Chon+a101 or bukin's spare rifle adjusted+a101,don't convert shrapnel until you finish the run,only at the beginning of the new run...keep everything until you run out of peds and shrapnel and then see what returns you had tt wise...sell you stuff and see the overall return.This should keep you running for more then a month and you'll see how important bankroll management and kill count is under loot 2.0

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    The problem is, that Rick has done the bankroll thingy. He can hunt and lose 400 pounds per month with this FEN wonder. 400 pounds = 5090 ped bankroll. That should last him a long time with one of the most efficient weapons in the game. It's something sane people are not prepared to lose on a videogame per month. Rick managed to run
    139 full tt maces and loose : 05/JUNE/19 139 maces -3892 ped within two weeks.

If you have 400k skills and 5k ped bankroll.. should you hunt Berycled youngs? I did that in 2004 with 0 skill and managed to play for 35 euros a month. And yeah it's possible to sweat and kill turp and profit. Doesn't mean you have to deposit 5k ped and do that 24/7.

What Rick shows us, is that the original promise "get the most efficient weapon in the game and then you will be able to hunt big and sustain yourself" is a lie. That FEN, (higher efficiency than the dpp), is basically a lie.

The original author of the bankroll theory, 5 dolla sold his landareas and had his last global on the 8th of January 2018.
    Having enough ped to be able to hunt is ofcourse important but 5k ped should be enough to run the one of the most efficient maces in the game.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    47 nutrageti hitman
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    Loot swings are not related to efficiency...sure it will give you a few % in the long run up or down but when a bad period comes along you can shoot anything and lose

Migration is starting, hunt anything else than mulmun now for example and you will lose. When LT and Eomon come out the average loot on anything else will go down while the eomon loot will probably be the fabled 97%...it's an artificial system with artificial rules.

The best advice i've ever received: if you've done 2 big runs and they're both incredibly bad, don't do the 3rd, it's not going to be magically profitable. You're going to lose again. Take a break, come back in 2 days and test the waters again.

Buying Vigilante Foot Guards SGA Edition Male!!! Message me!

Rick, pardon me but I'm just gonna do a little number crunching on this info you gave.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    Little update.

last time:

21/MAY/19 71 maces -884 ped
    22/MAY/19 73 maces -746 ped
    23/MAY/19 82 maces -884 ped
    24/MAY/19 86 maces -1349 ped
    24/MAY/19 88 maces -1465 ped
    25/MAY/19 90 maces -1808 ped
    26/MAY/19 92.5 maces -2473 ped
    29/MAY/19 98.5 maces -2741 ped
    30/MAY/19 104.5 maces -2870 ped
    31/MAY/19 110.5 maces -2917 ped
    01/JUNE/19 116.5 maces -2874 ped
    02/JUNE/19 124 maces -2793 ped
    03/JUNE/19 131 maces -3074 ped
    04/JUNE/19 235 maces -3254 ped
    05/JUNE/19 139 maces -3892 ped
    Dates
    No. of Maces Used PED Loss PED Spent
    (No. of Maces * 635)
    % Loss
    (PED Loss/PED Spent)
    21-May-19 71 -884 45085 -1.96074
    22-May-19 73 -746 46355 -1.60932
    23-May-19 82 -884 52070 -1.69771
    24-May-19 86 -1349 54610 -2.47024
    24-May-19 88 -1465 55880 -2.62169
    25-May-19 90 -1808 57150 -3.1636
    26-May-19 92.5 -2473 58737.5 -4.21026
    29-May-19 98.5 -2741 62547.5 -4.38227
    30-May-19 104.5 -2870 66357.5 -4.32506
    31-May-19 110.5 -2917 70167.5 -4.1572
    01-Jun-19 116.5 -2874 73977.5 -3.88497
    02-Jun-19 124 -2793 78740 -3.54712
    03-Jun-19 131 -3074 83185 -3.69538
    04-Jun-19 235 -3254 149225 -2.1806
    05-Jun-19 139 -3892 88265 -4.40945
    Avg. % Loss: -3.22104

If you refer to the table, though your ped loss might seem unacceptable on first look, but if you refer to the percentage loss (ped loss vs ped spent), you are actually doing just fine at ~96.78% TT returns.

So the true problem your facing is actually the rate at which you are spending.

And as you've probably already know, the game had always had this problem with the amount of dollars players are forced to burn through as they step up in their gameplay.

So frankly speaking, there is only one plausible solution for you that I can think of...which is to cut your ped expenditure rate (most probably to half or even a tenth of what your spending now...depending on how deep your pockets are).

And to achieve this, you can either
    1 - Change your weapon to something that chews less peds (refer to weapon's cost/sec) and step down on the monsters you can hunt accordingly.

or
    2 - Continue to use your current setup, but limit the amount of peds you burn through each day. Force yourself to log off once you've reached the quota. You'll probably have to make do with this in order to survive on a more reasonable depo amount per month I guess.

Hope this helps you.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Michael Mike Duval
    Images
    I was the first to own that Mace and I have to say the dmg to lvl ratio on it is terrible. I think the stats are off on that Mace slightly. But either way I think on problem is that with such high efficiency you don't see swirls as much because you are generally seeing overall good returns per mob.

Let be honest anyone who has hunted since 2005 knows that if you get a few globals per hunt you are having a good hunt and I think that mentality is still there for a lot of older players. SWIRLS = PROFIT. That was the case but loot 2.0 and high efficiency weapons is just blah, spend 3ped to kill and mob get 2.9-3.1 ped back.

Loot 2.0 generally killed volatility and high eff generally removed it all together. Yes there is still the big x100 - x1000 multis here and there but let's get real they are far and few between now for hunting.

It takes a hunter 100k in gear to hunt 30+ ped mobs (expect muls ) and even then it can take 4-8 minutes per kill or just buy and preamped finder and lvl 13s or go to a crafting machine. You want the big swirls that's how you do it.

People will think I am talking out my ass and bankroll this and management that but just enjoy the game, complain as you wish as everyone does. If it's getting to much and you keep playing I think it has become more of a gambling problem than trying to maintain gameplay problem.

Just my 2 cents from a person who has quit and come back multiple times and general has quit during hard times financially lol
    Been in game since 2008. People say I have a lucky horseshoe. Tell my bank account that!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast