PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Spawn,what I am saying is not for him to start hunting very per say..what I am saying is 200£/month bankroll is not enough for Caperon and Aurli
    I do remember at some point someone posted here that he had a bad swing of 5k atroxes..

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmurfud View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ..what I am saying is 200£/month bankroll is not enough for Caperon and Aurli
    you forget 1 variable. "Time"
    If you play an hour per day, 200£/month should be more than enough.
    If you lack a life, it might not.

Prowler
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmurfud View Post
    Spawn,what I am saying is not for him to start hunting very per say..what I am saying is 200£/month bankroll is not enough for Caperon and Aurli
    I do remember at some point someone posted here that he had a bad swing of 5k atroxes..
    This is actually probably incorrect particularly for Caperons.

Assuming a leakage rate of 10% of cycled, peds, 2000 peds will still last you something like a cycle of >18k or so before you hit zero ped on card. At 4 ped per caperon young and no tax, that'll easily get you through more than 4k worth of mobs.
    IGN: Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho

Check out my stream! https://www.twitch.tv/lootdemon

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhereg View Post
    This is actually probably incorrect particularly for Caperons.

Assuming a leakage rate of 10% of cycled, peds, 2000 peds will still last you something like a cycle of >18k or so before you hit zero ped on card. At 4 ped per caperon young and no tax, that'll easily get you through more than 4k worth of mobs.
    Then you are failing in the bankroll management side of things:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lower Bound Risk: 80% - This is a short term average TT return % size for my setup. While most of my hunts are 90% are better now, I chose to play it safe. There is always the occasional 60%-70% but that is almost always because I am not killing enough for the cost to kill said mob (will refer to this as Hunt Rule #1). 500 kills I find to be a minimum. I am starting to learn that I shouldn't hunt unless I can kill 500 of whatever it is that I am after.

Lower Bound Result: -800 PED - This is the amount that I will lose in my worst days (as long as hunt rule #1 is observed). I call this the worst case scenario. There is of course variations, but this is a pretty conservative value.

Risk of Ruin: 1.78% - Safe space is almost always < 2%. Acceptable risk is between 2.01% and 5% (although upper end means you believe reward is greater than the risk). Anything higher than that and you are playing above your level, bankroll, and just not being smart. This basically says that you need to have roughly 56.17 straight days of 80% returns to go broke.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you take Caperon and only hunt 500 mobs per day, then 4000 mobs = 8 days of hunting.
    You wil go broke quick. This means you are hunting at too high for your level.

People seem to either be missing the bankroll or missing the number of kills.
    Don't base your run by time, base it by number of kills. MA have also said in one of their posts that number of kills is the important factor, not ped spent.

Prowler
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post

Lower Bound Risk: 80% - This is a short term average TT return % size for my setup. While most of my hunts are 90% are better now, I chose to play it safe. There is always the occasional 60%-70% but that is almost always because I am not killing enough for the cost to kill said mob (will refer to this as Hunt Rule #1). 500 kills I find to be a minimum. I am starting to learn that I shouldn't hunt unless I can kill 500 of whatever it is that I am after.

Lower Bound Result: -800 PED - This is the amount that I will lose in my worst days (as long as hunt rule #1 is observed). I call this the worst case scenario. There is of course variations, but this is a pretty conservative value.

Risk of Ruin: 1.78% - Safe space is almost always < 2%. Acceptable risk is between 2.01% and 5% (although upper end means you believe reward is greater than the risk). Anything higher than that and you are playing above your level, bankroll, and just not being smart. This basically says that you need to have roughly 56.17 straight days of 80% returns to go broke.

So if you take Caperon and only hunt 500 mobs per day, then 4000 mobs = 8 days of hunting.

Don't base your run by time, base it by number of kills. MA have also said in one of their posts that number of kills is the important factor, not ped spent.
    That 80% rule is EXTREMELY conservative, and out of date. The time to achieve 90% on caperons is something like 4-5k peds in my experience. So actually, 2000 ped bankroll on caperons probably is perfectly fine and should last quite a while.

Basically, don't take anything as gospel, especially this guide. Better to learn it yourself by experience.

Not to mention, haven't even talked about running high dpp weapons yet versus low dpp and lowered costs..
    IGN: Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho

Check out my stream! https://www.twitch.tv/lootdemon

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post

But Rick didn't Hunt with 200 pound. He hunted with double that: 400 pound aka 5080 ped.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Don't forget Rick is in top 5 for this month on Kreltins (4.5% tax) and since you can't get from him a clear tt return (%), you should not go into details that much. Rick enjoyed hunting on tax, he was there to pay the shareholders, so even if I think he got the game all wrong, props to him if he had fun, hey ho, smiles and whatnot.
    If the fun factor is gone, it's time to do something different, whatever that may be.
    And since Rick is on a well known cycle, he will do it again, start off with the right mindset but wrong expectations, doing proper hunting then getting bored after a few days, then doing some mistakes, blame the wrong reasons, global ban this, under the hood that, bottom line: stick to what's fun for you and quickly change when it isn't.

Twitch channel
    | EntropiaLife profile | PM for "Eve's mod fap fen service" | Face masks

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    Don't forget Rick is in top 5 for this month on Kreltins (4.5% tax) and since you can't get from him a clear tt return (%), you should not go into details that much. Rick enjoyed hunting on tax, he was there to pay the shareholders, so even if I think he got the game all wrong, props to him if he had fun, hey ho, smiles and whatnot.
    If the fun factor is gone, it's time to do something different, whatever that may be.
    And since Rick is on a well known cycle, he will do it again, start off with the right mindset but wrong expectations, doing proper hunting then getting bored after a few days, then doing some mistakes, blame the wrong reasons, global ban this, under the hood that, bottom line: stick to what's fun for you and quickly change when it isn't.
    Sure I had a lot of fun on cp and in the caves epic killing and lots of glob. I reckon I did more time in the caves than on krets. The issue was I got about 6 days out of the top up £200 on would appear to be a bad few days which effected many players. So I simply ask myself the following questions.

Do I want to continue skilling at that level? Yes
    Do I want to pay £200 every 6 -10 days (or 2 weeks if lucky)? No
    How much do I want to pay? Max £200 a month or say 3k ped.
    Do I want to invest in further kit running into $10's K which 'might' improve longevity? No
    Why not? Because I believe there is a loot cap, so I cant justify further investment.
    If I skilled to level 100 clubs, am i any closer to the top of tree? No
    What level do I think I need? At least level 220 even then i need more kit.
    What's that going to take? At least 2 -5 years, and a ton more huge deposits.

What other options do I have? Just play for fun say at event time or quit and sell all.
    What am I going to do? Just drop in now and then when more of the absent community is active during events, who knows I might get some afk loot cuddles.

I bought the weapon with the aim to skill hard at cheap cost, but i didn't think about the effect of loot 2.0 on hard skilling. So hey-ho I will use that mace to blast it up now and then. My full time skilling days are over. MA makes the rules, and I think those rules are still too expensive (for me anyhow).

Thanks to all for contributions to the thread, I'm on my mobile so will flick through and read replies.

Cheers Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

hi

hi this is 2nd or 3rd thread yu done doing this. no1 berliefs you. Pors tried to offer to help. MY help = no0w= just wait AGAIN 2 months (like lastt time). Forget that mace leave it in storage for 1 year)

Goto buyt Tt rifle (rifle only) ththen lok this forum for nice society (ask Messi soc to join, other other good soc). I NOT saying you no know anything, I just saying start from beginning but same skill you have now ok. Try.

Also. When you go 4-5% Tax area is no sence come here and cry your losses. If you got the big 30k theyn you happy. some1 else got that ok. You post again 2 month but chance your thing

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sawachika View Post
    Rick, pardon me but I'm just gonna do a little number crunching on this info you gave.

Dates
    No. of Maces Used PED Loss PED Spent
    (No. of Maces * 635)
    % Loss
    (PED Loss/PED Spent)
    21-May-19 71 -884 45085 -1.96074
    22-May-19 73 -746 46355 -1.60932
    23-May-19 82 -884 52070 -1.69771
    24-May-19 86 -1349 54610 -2.47024
    24-May-19 88 -1465 55880 -2.62169
    25-May-19 90 -1808 57150 -3.1636
    26-May-19 92.5 -2473 58737.5 -4.21026
    29-May-19 98.5 -2741 62547.5 -4.38227
    30-May-19 104.5 -2870 66357.5 -4.32506
    31-May-19 110.5 -2917 70167.5 -4.1572
    01-Jun-19 116.5 -2874 73977.5 -3.88497
    02-Jun-19 124 -2793 78740 -3.54712
    03-Jun-19 131 -3074 83185 -3.69538
    04-Jun-19 235 -3254 149225 -2.1806
    05-Jun-19 139 -3892 88265 -4.40945
    Avg. % Loss: -3.22104

If you refer to the table, though your ped loss might seem unacceptable on first look, but if you refer to the percentage loss (ped loss vs ped spent), you are actually doing just fine at ~96.78% TT returns.

So the true problem your facing is actually the rate at which you are spending.

And as you've probably already know, the game had always had this problem with the amount of dollars players are forced to burn through as they step up in their gameplay.

So frankly speaking, there is only one plausible solution for you that I can think of...which is to cut your ped expenditure rate (most probably to half or even a tenth of what your spending now...depending on how deep your pockets are).

And to achieve this, you can either
    1 - Change your weapon to something that chews less peds (refer to weapon's cost/sec) and step down on the monsters you can hunt accordingly.

or
    2 - Continue to use your current setup, but limit the amount of peds you burn through each day. Force yourself to log off once you've reached the quota. You'll probably have to make do with this in order to survive on a more reasonable depo amount per month I guess.

Hope this helps you.
    You can't go through that many maces in one day.
    Xen Shop ESI 209.50 + 76.59 | Genesis ArcSpark | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Athenic Ring Adjusted | Artemic Ring Perfected | Hermetic Ring Augmented | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast