PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Sorry it bounced back into the negative zone for you Bud. See you around Migration time.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Daniel DannyO Ocean
    Society
    Dark Knights
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it could be the dihydrogen monoxide MA put in loot since that long lasting maintenance last week? I am worried and I want an immediate public statement about this, something is totally off...

stay safe
    smiles
    Totally agree, something has gone badly out of sync with the loot since the last maintenance .......... it’s been horrendous!!!
    Quotes from England's Finest......... Sir Winston Churchill
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    “It’s not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what’s required.”

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
    Sorry it bounced back into the negative zone for you Bud. See you around Migration time.
    Smiles the 962 hof on CP was taken back in the next two maces (free skilling...ok with that).
    One of the runs that made me smile, was a 292 global in the caves and I still ended that run down....lol (over two maces).

To be fair 70 odd maces for $85 costs wasn't that bad I could live with that, and hope a big hof in the future would swallow that up. Not that hofs last long when you get them, its just a skilling loan.

I don't know what game MA are playing, did they want to take a brand new depo down to zero over 3 days before they popped a comeback hof? The problem with that for me anyway is that is extreme stress, it's not enjoyable.

I already deposited again before the end of the month, because Ma would not let me skill until payday. I know it doesn't work like that....but they know their players and what they can cope with.

It's silly really I was prepared to pay £200 a month to skill my ava hard. Not expect any super looted items (because I never got super loot anyway so why bother hoping for it). So... I was prepared to pay £200 a month just to "skill". Any game out there in the real world would be really happy with a customer like that.

Ma have made me really sad today. I can't cope with it. My wife tells me all the time, the game turns me into Jekyll and Hide. It's not good for my state of mind. Why can't the game take my money and just be nice.

nn...pacing up and down my lounge mumbling to myself over this game is not worth it anymore ;-(

see ya at migration.

Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    Ma have made me really sad today. I can't cope with it. My wife tells me all the time, the game turns me into Jekyll and Hide. It's not good for my state of mind. Why can't the game take my money and just be nice.

nn...pacing up and down my lounge mumbling to myself over this game is not worth it anymore ;-(
    You are doing it to yourself, game or MA is not at fault here. MA is doing what they are supposed to do - gradually take your money in form of negative TT returns long term, they are not charity. The answer is to scale down your hunting to the point you no longer care about your TT returns. For me it's 100HP mobs I can comfortably hunt on my budget without giving a damn about TT returns. I have seen ppl scaling down to as low as caly punies. You would be surprised how much you could enjoy this game if you stopped constantly caring about losses. At the end of day hunting is about pulling mob's HP bar to 0 no matter if it's 10HP or 100HP or 1000HP - you still have thrills on smaller mobs in form of multies, globals or some items. I wouldn't be surprised if caly punies being profitable after MU with all that high MU % nova/blazar that doesn't affect TT returns + rubio/azure. Scale down and stop worrying about returns.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Fanan Head Shot
    You not alone Rick!

Today I just putted my gremlin armor for sale that I used for 8+ years now. Pretty insane if i go look at my deposits this last year. I don't really know what they are thinking, for real! It's just a big madness.

Bankroll and scale down yeah sure but then I prefer to play something else. Game play is already so monotonous if you take away the chance to win some ped or cool items from time to time, what's the point? I would be better doing some trade and sweat.

We all need to show them with our wallets. They have here a golden egg's chicken yet they give shit to the regular peeps like us. And it's not just in hunting, craft is bad and mining only ok if you go unamped. This is not the game i enjoyed 10 years ago. Spend money to work that's what it seems to me right now.

Actually the game only works for investors and the less you play against the house the better. But one day, when no one plays anymore how this investors will get their fees?

Sometimes I really think that there is a bug somewhere, that something isn't right but then I remember how greedy a human being can be.

Get something else to pass your time for a while (atm i m playing Albion) the more time it passes the easier it will be.
    Hunting in Calypso since: 03-Jan-2008

Young
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ellesinare Eagleeyes VanManchenburg
    Rick, I hope your returns get better soon. I have enjoyed reading your posts and your expressive attitude towards the game. Some criticize you for your thought process, I appreciate your honesty. What you feel and express is often what many of us have felt while hunting, crafting, or mining. What a player feels will affect how he or she plays the game. Not sure how much the land tax cut into your return, I suspect that if you added in 3-4% tt return to your total plus any relevant markup you would be much closer to your target range. I too noticed a huge drop in spleen oil when I was hunting small caperons last week, had two globals of pure shrapnel when I was making an effort to increase my dpp by taking no damage and using the biggest gun I was trained in (around 90dps w/amp, over 2.9dpp). Was disappointing as I was only hunting them for the oil, so I stopped after seeing the miniscule oil % in the returns. Maybe spleen oil has been flooded by the recent increase in hunting on CP? Not sure if there is a resource cap of some sort on items within the game. When you do start hunting again, I will be following your thread with interest. Until then, best of luck in all your endeavors.

Eagleeyes

Well, have to say my part here too. I started to play after a break in February 2019. Went from 58k skills to 101k. (only hunting laser guns, not doing anything else)

Always used the best affordable setup (read armatrix) for the best available price (yes, I paid 120% at the beginning, but very soon I was able to find nice deals under 110%) Its the best weapon for average players like myself and they have been designed so, I believe. Under 110% I'm playing with more than 3.0 DPP and efficiency of about 69%. There is not anything better unless I would like to pay 20k+++ for a weapon. And actually, as Rick just has shown, even this case does not really help.

Well, what I've done was, I did hunt for MU and I did not bother to count down my hunts, because I was hunting mob with incredible MUs, I think, by far the best mob to hunt for MU in the game. YET, it was not enough to cover the tt return. But it was OK, coz with the MU I was pretty close to BE and I was just waiting to find UL weapon/ESI/uber... I did not find any of this. Biggest hof 780 peds I had was taken away from me within 40 mins hunting Kadra (-450) (taxed, above my lvl, I know, sorry for trying something new in the game, lol) Why taxed areas even exist, if every player is saying U CANT HUNT ON TAXED AREAS, i wonder....

Well, so after I sold every single piece of my loot for MU. I made a lot on MU, hell I really did. If I wouldn't, my playing balance with 17k PED would be LONG gone in these 3 months. I did play heavily, but... is MA expecting an average folk to give them 1700 USD in 3 months?

So I started to count down my hunts, I'm currently sitting on 93.3% return. I had 11 out of 34 hunts positive. But the win is always so crazy small, that one win of 50 peds is covered by -180 hunt right next after it.

My trading spreadsheet, missing some data, coz I kinda giving up on things, when it simply does not work is showing me, that I did cover myself with MU and reselling with 2k ped. From 10th May till today.

So, if someone would love to put me on a 97% return, where I think I could survive, after these 3 months... I'm ready for 10-20k uber. I would love to be proven wrong. And speaking about items, how come, that a middle player, like myself, can not find a single shit in the game? If a person, like myself, who spends here crazy amount of hours cannot find any item, cannot hit anything nice, why ppl should play the game?

I always knew the game is going to take away funds, and it's okay. But if I decided and dedicate myself on the game progress and I hunt the right mob, invest time... I wonder, if I wouldn't do that... I would lost 12k USD a year. funny.
    Last edited by DuckiX; 05-27-2019 at 06:32.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    in before the next rant after a few consecutive bad runs

Kudo's to this positive look on things, Rick!
    I hope it keeps treating you well

Guess that's it then.

I still don't believe in FEN being the magic stuff.
    Thanks for proving this right

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Janko SuperKanjo vd Haak
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    92.5 maces -2473
    Just some numbers;

92.5 mace * (500 (Mace) + 135 (Amp)) = 58737 TT in

58737 - 2473 = 56264 TT out (taxed)

56264 = 95% taxed
    59225 = 100% untaxed

2961 = spend on taxes
    Account Created 2006-03-03

With loot 2.0, it seems like the amount of mobs you need to kill to hit a 500x has increased. Like Messi has written elsewhere, it's all about killing enough mobs.

Here's my rep the last couple of months:

Killed 5k swamp lurkers - <90 % tt return. Highest global was 30 ped (that's roughly 30x multi on 250/350 hp mobs)
    Killed 12k molisk, average kill cost 1 ped. 93 % tt return (about expected return). Biggest multi 100x (once).
    Killed 4k allo/esto young-old (kill cost 2-3 ped). Globals can be seen on EL. Biggest global 77 ped allo young = 40x multi
    Killed 3k evis 03s in easter mayhem. 1250 ped loss there. Biggest multi 25x.
    Killed 1k trox/neconu (4 ped mobs). Biggest multi 20x.

I have more data, but it should be enough to prove my point: It takes a heck alot of kills just to hit that 250x, and even more for that 500x. I never had a 1000x @L50 blp sniper, L50 blp hg, L50 laser sniper, and probably never will. Sure, there's a coule 1000x on the HOF list every day, but just look at how many globals are made on EL, and you can see the chance is so slim it's better to put the money on real life super jackpot lottery. Odds are the same, but payout is 1 million times better haha.

Bottom line is: Budget needs to cover, in my experience, at least 50k kills of any mob to see a 500x, probably half for the 250x, or let's say a rule of thumb: 100 kills per multiplier level (you want 1000x? then 1000x100 = 100k mobs). And even so, you need to have Lootius on your end of the scale to tip it over to the big multi.

ESIs.....looted one during 2 years of play, 15 ped. That should cover about 10 % of the last mayhem loss

Kids, don't fool yourself thinking that an ESI will cover your losses - it most probably won't (but your brain will think so anyway when you see the HOF pics of a 1250 ESI here on the forums).
    Last edited by LavaSparks; 05-27-2019 at 08:14.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast