missing mouse clicks and lost focus

Aloisius

Stalker
Society
Natural Born Killers
Jo Aloisius Smith
the mouse clicks is getting maddening. i click on an item and it doesn't register. using the right click drag function to steer my avatar is worse because it doesn't work sometimes. the mouse loses focus when doing that when accidently hitting some other window so you got to refind the mouse to try to start again. the real annoying thing, to me, is when i click an item in the inventory and drag it to stack and the mouse loses focus along the way. like dragging an armor plate to my storage and the mouse loses focus when its over an unplated peice of armor. getting used to it now but seriously, since i first mentioned it, it's gotten about 5x worse.

To me is sounds as if you are have a hardware issue with your mouse itself.

I have had mouse controllers do this to myself , and the fix was always unplug the mouse and back in again.

To me is sounds as if you are have a hardware issue with your mouse itself.

I have had mouse controllers do this to myself , and the fix was always unplug the mouse and back in again.

Agreed. Sounds like a mouse issue.

If you have another working mouse, try plugging in that one and see if the same issue occurs. Especially if the current one is old.

I've had old mouses doing that from wear and tear due to heavy clicking. And if its the wiring worn out, then its the mouse cursor jumping off screen suddenly.

Does the issue happen when playing other games or while casually surfing the web?

I'm noticing similar effects sometimes when the network is slow. Some interactions depend on a server response and others don't and in some cases it's not quite obvious why it needs to be so. Been meaning to pay closer attention and make a list where exactly this is for a while, but reckon it might be difficult to get the attention of developers who never move out of their LAN or other low-lag options available in the city.

i know exactly this issue, it happens to my mouse every few years, and PE is the game that reacts to it first and in the most sensible way.

reason:
your mouse's micro switch contacts are corroded.

solution:
clean both sides of the micro switch mating surfaces (the flat round metal cylinder on the tension spring and its counterpart).
this hot fix lasts 2-5 years before you have to repeat it.

hint:
i advise you DO NOT REMOVE the tension spring, unless you really feel it to be too weak and you think bending it is inevitable! for getting it back in place you must be a clockmaker!
instead just gently rub a slim piece of fine sand paper with 600 - 1200 grain in the slit between the contact surfaces.

this video shows where to find those micro switches and how you get there:

Last edited:
yes i have been wondering if it is my mouse . gonna have to pull out my 20 year old wired mouse as they don't make them like they used to. maybe move to china too since they are gonna have the best products shortly.

Back