Question: What happened to resource gathering?

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
I don't know when these changes were made but something is broken.

1. There's no way to find a decent spot with more than a handful of trees (and very spread out, making it just a waste of time)
  2. Trees have no level anymore. When was this changed?

Areas where I used to find them do not spawn even the tree models that were harvestable, the only trees left are only scenery.

Besides that, are there any plans to make this relatively new profession useful again or what? what a waste of development time...

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you for reminding me, fully forgotten about this lol

I'll take some terratechs with me tomorrow when I go mining and check it out

Besides that, are there any plans to make this relatively new profession useful again or what? what a waste of development time...

Yeah, they should remove board drops from monsters and add all those boards to tree chopping.
It's around for almost 3 (?) years and why has this not been done yet?

Y'all know MA pretty much abandoned this whole system after the plots were sold right? The blueprints the use farmed fruit no longer drop and most of the plots they were going to sell have been sold on top of plots on other planets being a bit broken.

Been mining and no more trees that can be cut ....

We need more BP's also that need wood for more furniture.
Think it's been years since those where updated :(

I can't understand why they would abandon a system that is already in place and does no harm to anyone.

There are so many cool things that could be done with it that require little effort but they prefer to milk us for the plots and then abandon it.

1 or 2 months ago I was checking this out and I think I found some level 2 and level 3 trees near Corinth hangars tps or somewhere in that part of the universe. I found the place from a guide from the web or a youtube video.

Not that I care much, sold my Terratech already, but did anyone contact support about the issue?

Fairly useless to discuss here in forum, when MA maybe dont even know they have broken it.

Fairly useless to discuss here in forum, when MA maybe dont even know they have broken it.

Well, thanks to OP for mentioning it, as I didn't know it was broken. It was at least still running a few weeks ago, but now I'm on Cyrene where there have never been harvestable trees anyway.
In terms of being broken, there was no use for the composite plank bp due to no new plots and nobody seeing any sense in building the snug and vegetable plots as it has stalled.
If it is now broken on top of broken then it might make it into my new book "Levels of Broken", but even that is only a working title for now :laugh:

I will contact support, was hoping it was only me...

Expecting a copy paste response anyway.

there was months ago a nuts area near Ithaca, first time i found it there were like 10 trees all very close and many more around, got so hype for this area and few weeks ago they started updating the area and 90% of trees are gone wtf

I've done some tree-chopping within the last couple of weeks and everything seemed normal to me. Improved, in fact, in that the new camera system has made the targeting of the trees better - there's no longer a need to stand in a very specific direction from the tree like there was before.

In market terms, though, pretty much no point at all in gathering the resources at the moment - I was only doing it to gain some skills - so that could certainly be improved.

I agree, nothing seems to have changed for me and there are places where there are lots of trees?
And I agree with Oleg, if anything the situation re targeting trees has improved

Yes, the new camera system improved the harvesting experience but I can't seem to find any decent spawn of trees. Also, your trees still have level? Mine don't.

If you know a good spawn mind sharing it? because the ones I had saved are 99% empty (ithaca, camp caravan and fort troy).

I also did it for the skills, all the boards are pretty much tt food.

Yes, the new camera system improved the harvesting experience but I can't seem to find any decent spawn of trees. Also, your trees still have level? Mine don't.

If you know a good spawn mind sharing it? because the ones I had saved are 99% empty (ithaca, camp caravan and fort troy).

rocktropia . hell ---> near almost any vampire spawn are almost always trees ... and its a lot

i cut atm some trees to get closer to 400k skills x:tongue2:

IMO, it's not really logical for MA to remove any paid activity thus denying profits they get from decay.
So that's highly unlikely that they will implement changes like removing trees intentionally.

The levels has been changed

Level 1 is now Small tree
Level 2 is now Large tree
Level 3 is now Huge tree

Thank you all, I still can't find when these changes were implemented but it doesn't matter that much tbh.

Spawn density. at least on calypso, has gone down but I have a few new locations to visit now :)

Hopefully they wil do something with this entire profession, otherwise what a shameful waste.

I could be wrong about this but here goes:

1. All vegetable plots (gardens?!) were complete and as such composite plank wasn't necessary any more (the only blueprint requiring harvested wood?)
2. The weapon blueprints requiring the fruit grown from gardens stopped dropping, thus making the gardens irrelevant

Could it be that they've decided to phase out the system on Caly by lowering wood spawns as far as they can go? Maybe the other planets didn't get the memo - or more possibly there wasn't a memo! :laugh:

Incidentally, it also makes the Christmas 2016 ring buff (show harvestable wood) irrelevant too.

Trees respawn in the same place and after a period which can be quite short. The only variations are if the trees are short medium or huge, and the amount of wood & sawdust that can be harvested.

Been gathering trees with TT gatherer. The skill gain is quite nice (You got Zoology, biology, etc. even sometimes evade), but no MU. I usually just tt the loots and lose around 0.2-0.5 PED for the skills. It also contributes a bit to animal looter, afaik

You'd have to walk quite a long distance to move between trees. Sometimes there're 3-4 trees that are close to each other.

There are so many different types of trees in EU, but only 1 type that can be harvested. MA needs to expand to more different types of trees that can give more types of boards / tree yields.

Go to my profile and check out pics I have taken of different types of trees that can be harvested. I can assure you that there are more than one, and that in places there are plenty of trees - like all resources its just a matter of finding where they are

Go to my profile and check out pics I have taken of different types of trees that can be harvested. I can assure you that there are more than one, and that in places there are plenty of trees - like all resources its just a matter of finding where they are

What level are you in RG ?

L25 but why do you ask? Level does not affect where trees can be found.

I used 30 ped for repair and it last about 30 min on my last harvest run at the place where i find a lot trees on caly.
Try halvemoon bay and you will be happy with trees :) Most they are in the noob mob spawns to find along the coast to east. payback of the 30 ped was only 27.55 ped

Try halvemoon bay and you will be happy with trees :)

I have checked some locations where I have harvested when it was profitable, the trees are still there.
It seems the respawn time has been increased, so it may happen that you dont find the trees when some harvester came along befor you.

I have checked some locations where I have harvested when it was profitable, the trees are still there.
It seems the respawn time has been increased, so it may happen that you dont find the trees when some harvester came along befor you.

sounds like on mining :) At least, last night i tryed there was nice. Realy find fast, and a lot trees, and i also don't gatered all, about tool was broke after 30 ped using, so I stoped to continue.

Hello there and yes there have been a few changes sprinkled in with VUs some bugs and some intentional maybe but who knows. Was gonna update my harvest skill thread but here will work too.

They totally removed many tree locations on Caly just bulldozed them down. My favorite spot too which makes me sad. This was a year or so ago, time blends together.

There is a new bug with the glowing orb while the Terra is equipped. They are all gone so you have to scan with your cursor slowing down runs. Annoying especially for casuals, fortunately I have respawn locations memorized which makes me have to think more than I want while getting Wood ;)

After the looter change they increased the cost of harvesting significantly. Typical losses on 4 PH-1's would be around .19 to .50 pec. It was easier to get multi's and profitable runs. This is now over! Maybe they felt people like myself and Akbar were getting to many new important skills for free? Maybe they have some other plan but it cost way more now. Losses now are usually around the 2-3 ped area instead of the previous PEC. There can be horrendous runs and you don't get those nice 2-3 ped trees like you used too.

Would of been nice for MA to mention in the VU notes the increased cost to harvesting and why they did it? I will agree that is was free uber skillin before but just the communication would be nice. I understand them wanting to change it. Just tell us why and the plans for the future.

Bonus - I have spoken to the Cyrene Devs about trees on Cyrene and for some reason there is an issue implementing them on MA's end. I asked about 6 months ago and talked to an Official again at the recent event. Still planned and hope they have trees there soon. That would be awesome because I really like Cyrene with all the dailys and missions. (hoping there are some kind of unique trees and BPs for them)

Obviously my favorite profession needs some love and hope it gets it in the future. Also the scavenging unlock specifically states that it increases harvestable resources. Will it? Lets hope at some point! This profession has so much potential. I would love for rare resources, BPs and discoveries because of the scavenging unlock! Give me some swirls!!

Last edited:
Back