Suggestion: Clothing/Coloring/Texturing System Balancing

Summer

Old Alpha
Society
Planet Express
Alkesh Summer Vallan
Customizing your avatar should be affordable and available for everyone!

Problem
With the current system you need 323 paints/textures per field and most items have 3 fields...969 paints and 969 textures if you want both color and texture. That is a lot of materials to collect, not to mention tt and market value.
To customize one piece of clothing could end up costing hundreds or thousands of peds (and an insane amount of time to collect the materials!)

Solution

Balance the system by reducing the amounts needed per field to 100. This would make a huge difference and would make customizing available to almost everybody. This is a way to make people more connected to their avatar and make people want to spend money on their avatars.

This does not require a complete redesign of the system, its a simple balancing fix that would make it better for everyone. New players, old players,everybody could benefit from this simple change.

Customizing your avatar should be affordable and available for everyone!

Problem
With the current system you need 323 paints/textures per field and most items have 3 fields...969 paints and 969 textures if you want both color and texture. That is a lot of materials to collect, not to mention tt and market value.
To customize one piece of clothing could end up costing hundreds or thousands of peds (and an insane amount of time to collect the materials!)

Solution

Balance the system by reducing the amounts needed per field to 100. This would make a huge difference and would make customizing available to almost everybody. This is a way to make people more connected to their avatar and make people want to spend money on their avatars.

This does not require a complete redesign of the system, its a simple balancing fix that would make it better for everyone. New players, old players,everybody could benefit from this simple change.

Nice Idea....could live with that.....but other things on those professions i hate a bit more....like..

The lvl requirement.....for a good color you need from lvl 30 up to xx...

The drop rate from paint cans...before the implementation of ammo/shrapnel in loot the drop rate was way better..also resulting in a lower mu , and ppl could get more and faster...

Also the cost of 10% of all is a bit high imo (you get 90% of TT-Vlaue back immediately after applying) ..

but only requiring 100 cans per field is a very good start....

Eddie

Nice Idea....could live with that.....but other things on those professions i hate a bit more....like..

The lvl requirement.....for a good color you need from lvl 30 up to xx...

The drop rate from paint cans...before the implementation of ammo/shrapnel in loot the drop rate was way better..also resulting in a lower mu , and ppl could get more and faster...

Also the cost of 10% of all is a bit high imo (you get 90% of TT-Vlaue back immediately after applying) ..

but only requiring 100 cans per field is a very good start....

Eddie

If they reduce the amounts needed to 100 it would be 70% less tt and markup losses. That seems reasonable and a huge improvement compared to what it is now.

Reactions: Geo
the high end clothes somehow got to reflect their color value. the base tt system could use a better thought out system as well. but right off there should be additional tt value added from the coloring/texturing a person has put into it. another system that doesnt make sense. but hay if it helps you deal with the real world go for it.

If they reduce the amounts needed to 100 it would be 70% less tt and markup losses. That seems reasonable and a huge improvement compared to what it is now.

Splendid idea !!!

You have my vote!

Hopefully the reduced cost of making textures will increase demand of skins and extractors :)

Oh, and more cool clothing to oogle (and hopefully more customisable armour and othe equipment).

You have my vote!

Hopefully the reduced cost of making textures will increase demand of skins and extractors :)

Oh, and more cool clothing to oogle (and hopefully more customisable armour and othe equipment).

I doubt it will increase the demand, more likely the demand would decrease.

There is people that like to have a nice style and those already pay what it costs to color and texture.
It would become cheaper for them yes, good for them, but it would also be less demand for colors and textures.

Even if it is cheaper, I doubt that a lot more people would use the service as they wear armor 100% of times anyways, dont need clothes at all.

Doesn´t matter if 100 or 400 bottles / field. For those who think its to expencive to paint the clothes, only 100 would be still to expencive for them.

Beside that there is options to reduce demand of color and texture by using enhancers that are often cheaper than additional texture or paint and still give max success rate for the designer.

What could lead to a slightly increased demand is more customizable items, like armors and weapons.
This very likely would be only a short term demand, as those looking at their style would create their sets once and then, well back to normal demand.

Imho the main demand for colors and textures is created mainly by those players who actually skilling the proffession, not really from those who actually create nice sets to show them with their avatars.

Sure there is a lot people who like fashion, but those often already have multiple nice sets.
Occationally those fashion fans still create new sets, the price rarly is the issue and even time to collect materials is less an issue. Its more the other way around, the harder it is to get the materials the more special the outfit will be at the end, and thats what counts for fashion enthuisasts, it has to be something not every one can have and not everyone can afford. Exactly this makes fashion interesting, the rarity.

Its like RL.
If you can afford it you may buy some designer cloth, and it doesn´t matter that a dress cost 20k$. For those buying at discounter - 50$ dress it wouldn´t change anything if the designer would reduce the price for his exclusive dress by 90%, the 2000$ would be still to expencive compared to the 50$ dress from discounter.

You see no more demand for designer things with lower prices.

Beside that there is options to reduce demand of color and texture by using enhancers that are often cheaper than additional texture or paint and still give max success rate for the designer.

Texture enhancers about 10K% (1 ped each)
Basic pigment enhancers 30K% (3 ped each)

I do not think this is cheaper than paints/textures cause you do not get 90% TT back from them

Amounts you need of those enhancers is 10 / lvl ... oh and the droprate is terrible.

Last edited:
Texture enhancers about 10K% (1 ped each)
Basic pigment enhancers 30K% (3 ped each)

I do not think this is cheaper than paints/textures cause you do not get 90% TT back from them

Amounts you need of those enhancers is 100 / lvl ... oh and the droprate is terrible.

All true.

Some colors 200%+ MU
Some textures 200%+ MU

You dont get back 90% of MU paid, only from pure TT value.
For low TT values enhancer does not make sense, but if TT/item is already 1 PED or more and there is additional high MU, it is a complete different story.

My point is: Do the math, then decide if its cheaper to buy more paint/texture or is it cheaper to buy some enhancers.

Designers like you surely will help with it.

All true.

Some colors 200%+ MU
Some textures 200%+ MU

You dont get back 90% of MU paid, only from pure TT value.
For low TT values enhancer does not make sense, but if TT/item is already 1 PED or more and there is additional high MU, it is a complete different story.

My point is: Do the math, then decide if its cheaper to buy more paint/texture or is it cheaper to buy some enhancers.

Designers like you surely will help with it.

Isnt using enhancer for having lack of skill?

Isnt using enhancer for having lack of skill?

Yes, but if not enough materials are available you can use enhancers instead to have it maxed

I was once asked to do black paint ... counted how much enh i needed and it would be over 1K peds .... crazy

Nadie/Summer/Faith need less ofcourse.

As I said before, from materials you get back 90% TT value, MU is always lost + 10% and as far as I know, enhancers are way more expensive but mayby for some very expensive tex it would be worth it.

Anyway, glad Summer is back to do some applies also now :yay:

Back