Would you consider giving someone a negative rep for selling something harassment ?

nvm i was off too :p

Last edited:
"Would you consider giving someone a negative rep for selling something harassment ?"

Do you mean, that people spam you trying to sell shit?

Damn, I hate those telemarketeers!!!
I hate them, IRL and I hate them ingame!

When I get them on the phone, I use that moment to vent some steam. Always feels very relaxing afterwards :tongue2:

Ingame I just ignore them.
On pcf, I just put them on ignore if they keep doing it.

No need to neg rep.

"Would you consider giving someone a negative rep for selling something harassment ?"

Do you mean, that people spam you trying to sell shit?

Damn, I hate those telemarketeers!!!
I hate them, IRL and I hate them ingame!

When I get them on the phone, I use that moment to vent some steam. Always feels very relaxing afterwards :tongue2:

Ingame I just ignore them.
On pcf, I just put them on ignore if they keep doing it.

No need to neg rep.

Weird. :scratch2:

The way I read it, it seems that CozMoDan was selling something and ended up getting neg repped for it and thus came asking if its considered as harassment.

Weird. :scratch2:

The way I read it, it seems that CozMoDan was selling something and ended up getting neg repped for it and thus came asking if its considered as harassment.

yeah, could also be.
It was a big vague.

"selling something harassment"

As in , "he's harassing me with trying to sell me something".

Sorry, I was trying to sell something in the selling forum and got a neg rep and I am not sure why other than he does not like me. Seems a bit childish as I am not making some kind of statement just selling:confused:

Sorry, I was trying to sell something in the selling forum and got a neg rep and I am not sure why other than he does not like me. Seems a bit childish as I am not making some kind of statement just selling:confused:

ahhh crap. So I was totally wrong! :ahh:

If it is a sale spam in private messages just ignore that person.

If you feel offended by to many sales threads or to many bumps of sales threads, well there is option to not view trade forum section. You find it in settings.

Giving a - REP, well fail imho.

This sounds like a clear violation of the reputation system.

There is a "Report Reputation Comment" feature that should be used if you feel that a reputation was given inappropriately. We will then investigate the comment and remove it if inappropriate, which will restore any lost rep points.

I'll give you +rep, that cancels your neg rep someone gave you.

Wouldn't waste your life filling in some form for an odd neg rep.

Forget it, move on :)

Rick

who cares about the rep on this forum...you always get neg rep for wrong reasons but you also get pos rep for the wrong reasons. Technically someone finding your post funny is not cause for a pos rep and im pretty sure most of everyones rep is for that reason

This is 5 or 6 from the same guy to me. I did not argue with the others because he disagreed with me, not that really constitutes a neg rep but OK. But on sales thread because he does not like what I am selling that seems a little much.

BTW Its not the neg-rep its just the guy does it for no reason that I can see other than he does not like me.

This sounds like a clear violation of the reputation system.

There is a "Report Reputation Comment" feature that should be used if you feel that a reputation was given inappropriately. We will then investigate the comment and remove it if inappropriate, which will restore any lost rep points.

711 good to hear from you. Being a little old and somewhat blind I can't find where click to do a complaint. I did do it on the "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page and if this not right please tell where to go. (Not the obvious place LOL)

If anyone else knows tell and save 711 a trip:)

BTW All thanks for the plus reps but truly that was not why I made the post. I lost my ego long ago :) Just thought is was wrong.

Last edited:
Just have to send a PM to 711 with the subject:
“Report Reputation Comment”

I received a -Rep point in this thread from my secret admirer too. :rolleyes:

Just have to send a PM to 711 with the subject:
“Report Reputation Comment”

I received a -Rep point in this thread from my secret admirer too. :rolleyes:

711 said there was a feature for reporting called "Report Reputation Comment" and just to be careful I would like to know where that is so I can use it and not get on 711's nerves :). I will do as you say if I can't find it in a couple of days.

Geo you got a neg-rep for what you said in this thread ???

Notes

All reputation comments are subject to the same rules as public posts on the forum. This means you should not flame, insult or threaten another member with your reputation comments. There seems to be a recent trend toward very hostile reputation comments. Such behavior will no longer be tolerated. Forum admins (MindBuster and myself) have the ability to review repuation comments left by members if a complaint is made. If any member feels they have been attacked in such a manner, please send a Private Message to MindBuster or 711 with the offending member's name, and we will investigate and take appropriate action.

Moderators and admins also make use of the reputation system, so members should not be surprised to see both positive or negative reputation comments from forum staff.

Yes, I did receive a -Rep on my comment from a certain someone. :laugh:

Original Post here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...on-System&highlight=Report+Reputation+comment

Last edited:
It would have been me that Geo was referring to.

Geo I gave it to you because you were Virtue Signalling. By all means give a + reputation, but its not a good look to proclaim your good deeds loudly at the marketplace as it were.

If you think it was unfair by all means run & complain. I gave you the reason for the - rep I gave you.

It would have been me that Geo was referring to.

Geo I gave it to you because you were Virtue Signalling. By all means give a + reputation, but its not a good look to proclaim your good deeds loudly at the marketplace as it were.

If you think it was unfair by all means run & complain. I gave you the reason for the - rep I gave you.

Well you must be fun at parties :wtg::dunce:

You can either love me or hate me sport, I don't really care.

I give many many more + reps than - ones. And I probably have only ever given Geo the one that I can remember.

I am neither Geo's secret admirer nor his shadow.

Last edited:
i care a lot about reputation in forum so i keep getting negative ones..... :nutkick:

dont worry, just keep being urself and the negative rep will come.:smoke:

better true person with negative rep than false person with good one :handjob:

I don't give negative Rep if I disagree with someone's opinion orideas, just if they are being a bad human being and they need something to reconsider their words or actions.

I kinda agree though that what you do in game should reflect your Rep here as well. Maybe neg repping a random post is not the best way, but maybe we should be able to add or neg reps someones forum profile.

Good way to be able to say hey what you did in game is was not cool. And if they do something positive you can reward them also.

Back