What happened to Darkaruki i.e Quote|Mindark?

Status
Could speculate a lot here, though I wondered why this person got hired in the first place, and if that was the wisest use of salary funds. It's never a good sign when a company would rather hire moderators from their own forum over the thousands of people with qualifications in the gaming industry. I don't really know what qualifications dark had, but they never proclaimed to be any kind of coder or have a job in a related field. MA needs to hire skills that help resolve issues, not paying moderators to learn as they go. This is actually kind of promising for their bottom line.

If there is no notice makes me think an agreement was broken somehow, and that it was a big rule broken. No court or company would require or want an employee known to steal company property , or who lied on the application as to what skills they had to stay for 2 weeks for example. (not saying what happened, but this lack of notice, tends to follow that kind of action)

I would wish them luck, but again, I don't even know what they did to lose the job, it could be something that might have affected us all, we will never know.

Whoever you hire next, I hope they have a nice list of actual applicable skills that help us, the player-base, avoid the bugs we've been plagued with for years now, and any more that may pop up.

Or maybe he just left because he didn't like what he saw.

Probation period is for both parties to see if it fits. In France, any side can terminate it in days if they want. It is called liberal employment market.

Super involved with the community, raw raw go MA, ultra boyscout player gets hired by MA.

Shortly there after said honorable if not naive player is fired.

Zq0iBJK.jpg

I just logged in to:
  • see if I still can;
  • say this is one of the saddest things to happen in this universe in a long, long time.
Rat over and out.

Super involved with the community, raw raw go MA, ultra boyscout player gets hired by MA.

Shortly there after said honorable if not naive player is fired.

Zq0iBJK.jpg

oh shit son you got cucked...well looks like he is terminated :(

As someone already said, speculation just leads to wrong conclusions.

All we know is something caused the end of their relationship. We do not know any other details. I think to jump to conclusions would not be wise here.

Whatever the reason though, MA @ Ludvig is gonna have to do some damage control sigh.

Not sure if it's my right to chime in on this, I'll put you guys on the right path. He was doing great at his new job, and the reason he was fired has nothing to do with performance, office conflict, or any dark secretive schemes. The decision was to maintain good PR based on issues he had run into in his personal life that had landed him in hot water. As we see with many organizations today, the threat of having your whole company look bad for allowing someone with a certain label to stay employed was too great of a monetary risk. From what I have infered, the decision was not an easy one, and was most likely finalized by the shareholders after a few meetings were held. I personally believe he had great potential as a Mindark employee from what I knew of him, but unfortunately sometimes personal mistakes and issues can overshadow your career. The last thing I'm going to say about it is that I would've also been inclined to take the action Mindark took due to the nature of the problem and its ties to current hot button global cultural issues.

P.S. I will not respond to PMs about this.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's my right to chime in on this, I'll put you guys on the right path. He was doing great at his new job, and the reason he was fired has nothing to do with performance, office conflict, or any dark secretive schemes. The decision was to maintain good PR based on issues he had run into in his personal life that had landed him in hot water. As we see with many organizations today, the threat of having your whole company look bad for allowing someone with a certain label to stay employed was too great of a monetary risk. From what I have infered, the decision was not an easy one, and was most likely finalized by the shareholders after a few meetings were held. I personally believe he had great potential as a Mindark employee from what I knew of him, but unfortunately sometimes personal mistakes and issues can overshadow your career. The last thing I'm going to say about it is that I would've also been inclined to take the action Mindark took due to the nature of the problem and its ties to current hot button cultural issues.

I thought Sweden was getting culturally enriched these days...honk honk

So - he got SWATTED by a SJW? He musta made the mistake of saying he was a male.

No.
1 week ago he had 3 important questions to MA related to ingame economy, sold avatars between players and never the last who is behind 4 VERY important avatars ingame but who do not relate anymore with the universe.
And he got his answer...

No.
1 week ago he had 3 important questions to MA related to ingame economy, sold avatars between players and never the last who is behind 4 VERY important avatars ingame but who do not relate anymore with the universe.
And he got his answer...

Way to stir the pot.... i very much doubt this is the reason.

This is srsly fckd up I must say. Somebody didn't do theyre research beforehand is likely the case as with all other updates/patches. Sure hope its not something they did or said.

Wow seriously messed up. The hiring of of Darkaruki and his Intereaction with the community actually made me want to deposit for the first time in 10 years. I started having hope, that things were finally changing for the better, and that MA was actually listening to the community. I was planning on depositing this very weekend. Now I'm rethinking it. I honestly hope he did something horrible to get fire because if not I've kinda lost complete trust.

I am not going to jump in on this and give all the details as it is not my place too but a few community members know what went down.

At the end of the day it was all down to public image and MA didn't need any bad press. So put it short. Dark fucked up IRL (Nothing to do with EU or MA) and MA had to cut ties.

That is all I am going to say. Believe me or not but I have no reason to lie at this point as I was hopeful Dark would really help this community and the development of the game.

Last edited:
I am not going to jump in on this and give all the details as it is not my place too but a few community members know what went down.

At the end of the day it was all down to public image and MA didn't need any bad press. So put it short. Dark fucked up IRL (Nothing to do with EU or MA) and MA had to cut ties.

That is all I am going to say. Believe me or not but I have no reason to lie at this point as I was hopeful Dark would really help this community and the development of the game.

I appreciate this post. Says to me that MA is still potentially on the right path with a smart hire- but an IRL issue made them part ways. Makes me feel a bit better about their direction/momentum.

Last edited:

:( Damn... this sucks for Dark and MA. I hope things work out for both parties, I was really amped to see someone with Dark's excitement and devotion to EU have a place at the HQ.

If you're reading this, best of luck Dark. We're rooting for you man, hope everything works out in the end.

Not sure if it's my right to chime in on this, I'll put you guys on the right path. He was doing great at his new job, and the reason he was fired has nothing to do with performance, office conflict, or any dark secretive schemes. The decision was to maintain good PR based on issues he had run into in his personal life that had landed him in hot water. As we see with many organizations today, the threat of having your whole company look bad for allowing someone with a certain label to stay employed was too great of a monetary risk. From what I have infered, the decision was not an easy one, and was most likely finalized by the shareholders after a few meetings were held. I personally believe he had great potential as a Mindark employee from what I knew of him, but unfortunately sometimes personal mistakes and issues can overshadow your career. The last thing I'm going to say about it is that I would've also been inclined to take the action Mindark took due to the nature of the problem and its ties to current hot button global cultural issues.

i can work with this. lemme consult my oracle. coff coff.

Update: If what is mentioned was real reason in last few posts, I'm soooo glad he did not get job.

Last edited:
he had a stream on twitch anyone seen it ? what did we miss ?

As of May 17, 2019, the person operating the Quote|MindArk forum account is no longer an employee of MindArk PE AB, and is no longer a moderator of PlanetCalypsoForum.com.

WTF .... the best mod is gone :confused:

His gear sold ... :mad:
He was so dedicated, he solved anything, always a helping hand, he is such a nice guy ... why why why :scratch2:
and the reason .... :censored:

To Darki : If you read this, I hope all is ok, you will be missed

Last edited:
current hot button global cultural issues.

A Trump supporter? Joking aside, if he got himself the wrong kind of attention for speaking his mind against PC, he is a hero. Not sure what else capable of destroying a career or even preventing a restart could fit this particular description. I don't want to know about someone else's private affairs, but this sounds highly political. Interesting keyword and food for thought...

Darkaruki superceded me in taking care of the creatures section in this forum. I could never match the energy and consistency he was putting in. If you or anyone reading this is in touch, please convey my best wishes.

the sharing of knowledge had started so great :( :dunce:

drug-testing-in-the-age-of-legal-weed-1479850497.jpg

deleted............

Last edited:
As someone already said, speculation just leads to wrong conclusions.

All we know is something caused the end of their relationship. We do not know any other details. I think to jump to conclusions would not be wise here.

Whatever the reason though, MA @ Ludvig is gonna have to do some damage control sigh.

We are speculating based on the information shared. If MA want us to reach the right conclusions, then they are very much welcome to share the correct information.

PS: If the concerned matter is a private matter of Dark then MA of course should be totally free from any such sharing liability. All they need to perhaps do is mention that it is some personal matter for Dark and cannot be disclosed.

Last edited:
I have just the thing for you guys

conclusions.jpg

Very sad. Why does everyone who is great at comunicating at MA not last very long? I guess we have nobody to answer that question now.

Still he lasted longer than I expected haha

Status
Back