FYI: DuckiX's hunting log

DuckiX

Guardian
Jan DuckiX Sobek
I was hunting for MU, basically Tiaraks all the time, because they drop awesome MU items. Completed stage 6 officially 12 times, but hunted even without a mission so approx 15 times I would say. I did believe, that if I will hunt this mob for great MU, I will eventually "profit" coz of MU and therefore I will be able to invest in my gear and progress in the game. I was always kinda able to survive, but even with this crazy awesome MU, my ped card went down. I didn't track my hunt, as I was thinking that there is no way I could go down with such nice MU. Well, I was mistaken. I did go decent on them, but after completing this stage 6 so many times and selling 1000s of TT value of hides with MU 155-165% and also other items my ped card went only down. I had one luck on nusuls looting UL whip which went for +450. But other than that, the game didn't give me anything. 0 luck.

So as I noticed, that I am not improving, I actually started to log my hunts and also my trades.
I am using LP-45+A105imp+P20 and LR-45+A105imp+P20, buying them around 108% and P20 for 104%. So this is not the reason. It's the returns.
Efficiency 69%, Ares ring improved, adj neme+5b, athenic modified.

92.21% return since I started to count.

I will show my recent hunts here. If u have any suggestion let me know. But from my experience, it is not possible to slowly profit and progress in the game even if u decide to hunt awesome MU, therefore I did move to other mobs, with hope for some ESI or basically, anything coz whole point of tiarak hunting just didn't work anyway. I was hoping to progress and get resto chip or something nice, but it seems, that for any progress in the game, further deposit is required. Which is not my aim.

Sitting on 14 983 PEDs out of 18 000.:woot:

https://ibb.co/3FzpN9k

Last edited:
Might be a good idea to track average MU looted

Look at how often you get those MU items....even if they have a high MU, if you do not get enough then it doesn't help you to break even/profit. Lets look at your return of 92%

If you spend 1000 ped tt and get 900 ped shrapnel and 20 ped of high MU, then doesn't matter how many times you cycle this, you will never have enough to break even/profit.

However, if you spent 1000 ped tt and received 700 ped shrapnel and 220 ped of high MU (140% or higher), then you would breakeven/profit

From what I can tell based on your log, you're hunting too big mob for ped cycle. And a bit too much defense cost on Beladoth which means most likely you fapping a lot during hunt, thus giving you less optimal loot (Less MU overall). Not that beladoth has that much, but still :).

Do at least 1000 ped runs on mobs like Beladoth and have at least 10k ped card to stack MU stuff.

Also 15k ped cycle is nothing, when you're hunting mobs like Beladoth / Togo. It won't tell you how good or bad your loot is at.

So, I did hunt today. I took your advice, kick myself in the butt and decided to actually... count everything down. I am not the MS office master, so it took me a while (read a long time). Hopefully, there are not many mistakes.

To help you to understand:
1 hunt
1352.21 PED cycled
Young-Stalker killed
4 globals (34,190,15,25)

Tiarak hide drop rate is 2.62% of the whole loot. I did use 3 other examples to provide some... hopefully valuable data for other noobs like myself. It is a theoretical same hunt with 85%/90%/95% return.

The outcome: Based on 1352.21 PED cycled, tiaraks can cover 3.8323%. Loot is dynamic and it does not always have to be the case. But, I will do this more often for more mobs I guess. Very valuable data I think.

Let me know what I can improve :)

https://ibb.co/nfNS6d6

Last edited:
Good job on new tracking. You're on the right path.

I started a log 2019-05-15. And i'm tracking MU items as well (not all items though, only those I know I can sell on auction).

Here's my current totals. A bit small sample size (I do 1000 ped runs). But I'm doing well so far.
totals_2019-05-25.jpg

I hope it goes as well as it's going for me for you :).

Good job on new tracking. You're on the right path.

I started a log 2019-05-15. And i'm tracking MU items as well (not all items though, only those I know I can sell on auction).

Here's my current totals. A bit small sample size (I do 1000 ped runs). But I'm doing well so far.
totals_2019-05-25.jpg

I hope it goes as well as it's going for me for you :).

I think that the main problem of these calculations lies in the fact that we never talk about the waiting time to sell this MU because between wait 50 hunt to have a sufficiently attractive stack and 1 hunt this is not the same bankroll.

How many? Hard to tell. Finished stage 6 13 times officially. Biggest loot was 728 PED on Tiarak old, 2nd biggest 560 on mature, 3rd young 375 PED. Did hunt even without a mission. So approx 15-18 times stage 6 finished. So officially 13*6000=78000 mobs if u would count 10 points for youngs only. Unofficially, 100k mobs, ish. If divided by avg point value it would be 13*60000/20.625=37 818 mobs killed in total. Plus, ofc Stage 1 to 5=18 475 mobs. 18475+37818=56293 would be the most accurate and reliable number of mobs killed.

Today, I did another run, updated the sheet. -112,74, 85.08% return. Even the drop rate of things was crazy bad. MU will add 4.58% to the loot. I'm kinda sick of the game atm.

Last edited:
How many? Hard to tell. Finished stage 6 13 times officially. Biggest loot was 728 PED on Tiarak old, 2nd biggest 560 on mature, 3rd young 375 PED. Did hunt even without a mission. So approx 15-18 times stage 6 finished. So officially 13*6000=78000 mobs if u would count 10 points for youngs only. Unofficially, 100k mobs, ish.

Today, I did another run, updated the sheet. -112,74, 85.08% return. Even the drop rate of things was crazy bad. MU will add 4.58% to the loot. I'm kinda sick of the game atm.

I hear you. No way near the numbers MA has stated. With that many kills and decent efficiency you should have a higher tt return. Tiarak Old 728 is a 700-900x, and the 560 pedder is a 1000x, so you did get those big multis in there as well... if 92 % tt is your return after 78k kills, that's very discouraging. It's just not worth playing the game with these costs.

Returns have been atrocies on tiarak for more then a week now for me as well and I can't say other mobs have been much better eighter... maybe mad period of the year?
Anyway with the setup you're using and also the number of mobs you've killed the returns still suck big time...
I will have a look at my log for the last year maybe(didn't record the date when I started tracking) and post here my returns if that's ok with you...don't want to take over you hunting log :)

I think one of the problems we have is peoples expectation. MA pulled some numbers out that were very vague as they did not give any indication to what was being hunted, player levels, etc. They said they enjoyed higher returns around the 95% mark etc (can't actually remember the numbers but they are on one of the threads). What people forget is these were averages, there will be players who received higher and players who received lower. People assume because the average is X that if they do not reach it that the system is broken and wrong....which is not the case.

You have provided your weapon setup, but not your looter level, that may help determine what your expected % should be. We don't fully know how looter plays into it, some say its 0.07% per level... others say its like evade and needs to be 5 levels higher than the mob level.

If the former, then you expected return could vary between 90% - 98% depending on your looter level (0-100)...not taking into account any MU you paid for the weapon and attachments. This doesn't take into account whether MA have a set % they take regardless (I.e if max return % is 98% or 99%) as we don't really know the loot algorithm.

The other part you need to consider is that you mention Tiarak have great MU items, however when looking at your sheet, you have 1339.93 TT of loot that is under 103% mu (most consider this as not worth selling and goes to TT machine). So thats around 90% of your total loot (1485.03) as TT fodder. Which means in that 10% of loot, you need to have an average of 150% MU if you got 95% TT return or 182% MU if you get 92% TT return. Only approx 26% of that 10% has MU over 150%. So chances of breaking even or profiting are slim.

As others have said, loot has suffered this past week, so maybe take a short break and do some selling of storage items, however when deciding what to hunt, its more than just what mob has the biggest MU items....frequency comes into play as well.

New data added to the table.

Tiarak:
Total loot 5026.26
Total cost 5479.36
Total return % 91.73%

Srsly 91.73% is very ugly...

New data added to the table.

Tiarak:
Total loot 5026.26
Total cost 5479.36
Total return % 91.73%

Srsly 91.73% is very ugly...
Are you hunting them in taxed spawn?

I think one of the problems we have is peoples expectation. MA pulled some numbers out that were very vague as they did not give any indication to what was being hunted.
What MA might say yesterday, has no bearing on what they do tomorrow. I actually logged in today to do some test runs and see if loot would bounce with a good 1 - 2k HOF to cover a few days losses.

I had a load of globals but was still down around $30 for my activity today. The game is silly mode now, there's no amount of markup that could possibly cover daily activity. Unless you loot any exceptional item.

I've gone into 'dont care' hunting mode now, just burn up the ped and go wild. When it's gone it's gone. MA must know that whatever changes they made are unaffordable for most. So I've resigned myself to just accepting my peds are going pretty quick. When it gets to a pointless situation, it's just not worth worrying about survival.

I smile to myself thinking if I buy a 40k ring maybe my losses might reduce by $0.5 a day. As I said it's all got a bit out of hand now.

Oh well Entropia was fun while it lasted. Dont stress about it, burn up your ped on the card, you might as well go out with a bang so to speak. Throw some dollars at it occasionally if you feel like it, I think the times we could log in everyday and blast it up for the whole month are well are truly over (based on recent change).

Oh well, it is what it is.

Rick.

So, i had one mistake in the spreadsheet.

Tiarak:
Total cost 5479.36
Total loot 5252.81
Total return % 95.865393039%

These are correct numbers.

Currently waiting for one big hit to cover all previous (non tiarak) loss.

-1630.67 and 92.81% return overall since 14/05/2019

Small update. From 06/09/2019 2 profitable hunts with 1st +216.38 2nd +20.19 at tt value. 16 negative runs with total of -2751

17763 PED cycled on tracked hunts. (only small hunts like 5-15 mobs were not tracked, did not achieve anything there anyway)

Also did some crafting, did keep just brief check on account value with website. -250 PED.

Sick.

Overall sitting on 93.37% in hunting (yet, i did not track everything)

Unlocked acievement of not achieving anything other than loosing crazy amount of ped.

Looted my 1st ESI with value of 14.16 ped on atrox young after more than 6 000 kills of those.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fBnApTNiQH2TyleCIBLjrjjBjgT2ID88ZB4bS-HSbDE/edit#gid=0

Last edited:
You're switching mobs too much, that's one thing. It's unavoidable to go a few days on this mob and a few days to that mob to get a look at the loot, but then should be 10s of k per one mob, like you did on tiarak. The very system is biased so that usually you have a period of heating the mob ttwise so switching too much you'll go from one cold cheek to the other.

Then, is unrealistical to expect good MU from such a popular mob as atrox. As a rule of thumb, Caly mobs with missions are pure sh*t MUwise. Generally Caly is pure sh*t MUwise. And another rule of thumb is that the only missions worth doing are those which give general/defensive/FA. Atrox does fit there, but due to hp and particular high regen and very high player turnover, is not worth grinding with L. You can invest some TT loss in such mob if the projected mission reward is at least justified to some reasonable extent. And maybe if you happen to like the mob (as I do like for example maffoid and feffox, nomatter that they're sh*t too). So then maybe ok you pay 3 times more per said tt of evade but you enjoy it, for example.

Then, is the dps realm. Everyone and their mother is in the area armatrix 40 to 60, and that's where everyone and their mother fail. You have to be very creative to get a shot there MUwise. Also the prices on gear are very demanding and is very easy to get trapped into items, with too low bankroll.

Then, you should take a second look at your weapons and get into the habit of calculating/following spent MU vs looted MU. Stop being SO fixated on efficiency, ArMatrix series is simply not worth the MU. Afterall, your problem is not some -10 efficiency (which would be what, 0.7% turnover, seriously?), but MU balance.

Efficiency is caged at 70 if you don't break the bank for some mayhem or FEN item. So then what, if you cycle 10k peds with some good L ArM (which is 68-69 eff), you're looking at some 1-2% compared to total turnover put into MU. You'd need an UL with an efficiency of aprox 49 (amped) to justify that and I challenge you to find such ul item, usually you're still in the higher 50s or in the 60s with an UL, so there's 1% of your turnover thrown to the window.

Then the ArM have the awful habit of breaking over 3dpp amped, which brings you to the fantastic world of looting useless hides, wools and oils which go to tt anway, instead of shrapnel.

Just a pick a reasonable ul like adj mk2, adj ep41 or adj mad and go see the world and look for opportunities.

Finally, in what regards the actual effect of efficiency. It is not a guarantee, neither positive neither negative. When MA dropped some numbers, they specifically insisted that the biggest factor is number of kills. Most likely, good efficiency qualifies you at a range like, say, 95-101%, while lower efficiency qualifies you to a range of 93%-101%. But is a range, with wildly different inidividual results, and if 100 efficiency give 7% of the total loot, maybe screw that and think at the rest of 93%.

P.S: over last 40k turnover (40.042,32 to be precise), switching mobs too much, usually avoiding armatrix if I can help it, with biggest hit some 340ish, with awful periods of bad loot, I am at 94,99%. Usually I am between 96 and 97%, ever since 2.0

Last edited:
Small update. From 06/09/2019 2 profitable hunts with 1st +216.38 2nd +20.19 at tt value. 16 negative runs with total of -2751

17763 PED cycled on tracked hunts. (only small hunts like 5-15 mobs were not tracked, did not achieve anything there anyway)

Also did some crafting, did keep just brief check on account value with website. -250 PED.

Sick.

Overall sitting on 93.37% in hunting (yet, i did not track everything)

Unlocked acievement of not achieving anything other than loosing crazy amount of ped.

Looted my 1st ESI with value of 14.16 ped on atrox young after more than 6 000 kills of those.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fBnApTNiQH2TyleCIBLjrjjBjgT2ID88ZB4bS-HSbDE/edit#gid=0

If your Looter level is ~40 and efficiency 67-68, 93.37 % tt return is about where you - on average - should be. You have also cycled way too little on those big mobs to find your long term tt return. 20k trox means 75k turnover - and you will probably need higher kill count to average things out (i.e. getting the 500x and 1000x multis). Just for the record, I've killed at least 150k mobs, and my biggest multi so far was 500x, so that says a bit how many kills you need to see your "true" average.

Back