Server Downtime for Patch

hmm yeh 420mb is quite large.. maybe new space reticle?

uh .... someone say space ?

Not June yet

PLEASE have the chat channels fixed. It is so infuriating.

Maybe lower the greedy level a bit? Uhm MA? :mad:

LoL! Good point, and funny, +rep ♥

Sollution to Mindark neurotic and targeted live Loot-Nerfing = Cease depositting and cease logging in, spending and activities.

( Its bad enough that I am going to systematically chip out. Starting with Aakas Island, interested parties may get in touch with me ingame. The current Loot system trend has ruined me and my decision does not come lightlly. I wont be restocking my shops. Not with newlly crafted items, but to sell of things I already have. I spent and wasted a fortune in this platform. its wisest to leave wiselly and recoup the little bit I have left. Its a lot, but still a fraction of what I have lost over the years. )

Last edited:
woaaa expecting big things....

How can it be a 'patch' and be 420MB in size? That's not a patch unless they've found a huge amount of bugs they're fixing or they've redeveloped a huge amount of textures as 'fixes' and are releasing those. Weird.

How can it be a 'patch' and be 420MB in size? That's not a patch unless they've found a huge amount of bugs they're fixing or they've redeveloped a huge amount of textures as 'fixes' and are releasing those. Weird.

All files might not be for this patch, but for one that will come in the future.... :silly2:

ye..420 mb sounds big true.....but we will see maybe a good amount of patches will be fixed..also some texture ones which iclude a lot of graphics....

also EU has a kind of container files technology...i can only guess on this..but it could be like the app containers...

a little patch in an app and you need to download the whole thing....

An estimate is not a fixed point in time where something will happen with a 100% chance. It's merely a ballpark. It's actually a good thing it's taking longer than usual. That means they're trying to fix whatever they messed up. So this means that our VU will have maybe 1 bug less but two new ones, instead of 3 new ones and no bugs fixed. :tongue2:

This update so far didnt look like anywhere close to 400mb. Anything left out/held back for later ?

This update so far didnt look like anywhere close to 400mb. Anything left out/held back for later ?

afair
29mb calypso
85mb arkadia
295 ish monria

and some MS Vicual C++ 2015 updates

LoL! Good point, and funny, +rep ♥

Sollution to Mindark neurotic and targeted live Loot-Nerfing = Cease depositting and cease logging in, spending and activities.

( Its bad enough that I am going to systematically chip out. Starting with Aakas Island, interested parties may get in touch with me ingame. The current Loot system trend has ruined me and my decision does not come lightlly. I wont be restocking my shops. Not with newlly crafted items, but to sell of things I already have. I spent and wasted a fortune in this platform. its wisest to leave wiselly and recoup the little bit I have left. Its a lot, but still a fraction of what I have lost over the years. )

Crafting EP4 on condition all day long, didnt bring you profit in the long term ? I am not suprised and I hope that you have been in profit after the ATH at least. :cool:

Crafting EP4 on condition all day long, didnt bring you profit in the long term ? I am not suprised and I hope that you have been in profit after the ATH at least. :cool:

Nope, and Ive given up all hope on "profit" a long time ago. ( Ive never removed cash from this game,ever. ) Its been more about trying to generate the usual HOFs and Residue to keep shop inventories going. Futillity of it all does NOT motivate me at all. Was possible before, but suddenlly got screwed with recent updates. Nah, ive made my decision and its a final one. Im going out. The big spider can go find new flies to trap :) I gotto draw the line somewhere, not for Mindark but for myself. Notwithstanding the fact that nobody has profitted more from me , in my life, than a scandanavian gaming company :) I must face the rest of my life, with the memory end experience, of this. It is human, to reflect on past mistakes, and bad choices.

Last edited:
Nope, and Ive given up all hope on "profit" a long time ago. ( Ive never removed cash from this game,ever. ) Its been more about trying to generate the usual HOFs and Residue to keep shop inventories going. Futillity of it all does NOT motivate me at all. Was possible before, but suddenlly got screwed with recent updates. Nah, ive made my decision and its a final one. Im going out. The big spider can go find new flies to trap :) I gotto draw the line somewhere, not for Mindark but for myself. Notwithstanding the fact that nobody has profitted more from me , in my life, than a scandanavian gaming company :) I must face the rest of my life, with the memory end experience, of this. It is human, to reflect on past mistakes, and bad choices.

I always remember someone saying to me years ago in EU, that "the game offers loads of ways to lose big, it's about finding something you enjoy that costs you the least amount of ped". Buying a LA was a big decision, and maybe it might be best to let emotions cool down for 48 hours then rethink. Putting myself in your position, I would let my LA tick over for few months see what happens, at least get some ped back from it, before selling it.

I very rarely do crafting, it eats huge amounts of ped in a short period of time, it might spit it back out again but it's a costly actiivity for 'time' ultilised. At least with hunting the burn is no where near as fast, even if returns suck at times. So your mental time to rethink decisions, has more chance to take your foot of the pedal before things turn very bad.

I've not really got the shop thing either, unless you have a niche BP and focus solely on that crafting for 'demand' only. It's very easy to slip into other cradting activities that don't benefit the purpose of your shop to start with.

Since you're already heavily invested, you already have a good "base"...so to speak. It's about using what you have in a better way. I mentioned yesterday that the loot system appears to be broken, many agreed. So you stop and wait for Ma to fix it. Chasing it is asking for disaster.

I keep it very simple now. I bought a good weapon I expect to perform, if it doesn't I will refuse to play. I'm not interested in bullshut tiering, even it that might offer better loots. If the game offers me a grest loot, then I'll prepobably tier it. If the game throws me half the cost+ to upgrde to better gear, then I'll buy better gear.

I'm not interested in 40K rings either, or 20K amps, average rings will do. Ironically running a 6 amp is better DPP than a 20K amp,so why do I need it anyway.

I've never been one to say you're doing it wrong (I really hate that about the forum), it's quite admirable at times to really push the envelope and see what can be achieved in this game. Although it 'is' very easy for your mind to get clouded by what's wrong wth the game.

Just stop and think for a minute, structure your game better. If you do carry on crafting only produce what you can sell, and don't craft that EP4. Let your LA tick over, forget you even own it, look at your income in 3 months, see if it has given you a nice packet of cash to help you focus on your shops.

If you want to blast is up and go wild, then do some hunting, or something entertaining. Something where you can say I really enjoyed that activity. Log off for 48 hours, before taking any rash decisions.

Rick

Back