PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
    Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Virtulex vix Turbulence
    Images
    Finally I got it working on my windows 10 32bit
    I want to say "thanks" to MA for nonresponsiveness and inability of fixing development mistakes.
    And a REAL THANK YOU for Jetsina for the tip of copying files from one PC to another.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    UPDATE - I've got it working - more info in a few mins - work calls!
    (and MA doing some technical downtime for their screwed up event lol)

ok, what I did:
    I basically copied all the files (except the dynamic content that is the main bulk of data) from my working comp to the vista comp via USB. I left the dynamic content as it already was, hoping it would spare many GB of downloading. As I wasn't sure about what settings get stored where, I changed the tools on the working comp to force 32-bit before I copied the files.

Suddenly the vista comp did not want to update redist anymore and proceeded to download the necessary additional dynamic content and compact it. Then I managed to log on - simple as that - to be faced with downtime for maintenance for summer mayhem lol!

So, how do people without a working solution get a working set of folders to copy? Is there a mirror anywhere of necessary and current files? MA, you reading this?

Really! Weeks of all this fuss and there IS a reasonable solution that at least has worked for me! Zero thanks to you-know-who in all of this, but I'd have hoped we could have done better/faster as a community too tbh!

GOOD LUCK!
    This have solved crash at 95% of update problem, and game client finally updated normally. If anybody still has the problem with update, try this before buying new PC

Quote Originally Posted by virtulex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finally I got it working on my windows 10 32bit
    I want to say "thanks" to MA for nonresponsiveness and inability of fixing development mistakes.
    And a REAL THANK YOU for Jetsina for the tip of copying files from one PC to another.

This have solved crash at 95% of update problem, and game client finally updated normally. If anybody still has the problem with update, try this before buying new PC
    Glad that's somebody helped at least ...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    look like you got to get a new pc anyhow...

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...ince-VU-16-3-2

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35