Entropia Universe 16.3.2 Release Notes

im still stuck at client loader, i gona cry now:( ,i am actualy extremly sad of this situation :(

we realy need to be hardcoregamers or litle hackers to make this work? i just.....

Communication from MA would be nice. Surely this doesn't take a week to make people login again????????

Hello Killahbee I am struggling with the same thing and might be because I have Windows Vista Ultimate x32.

Do you have a newer one x32 or x64?

Hello Killahbee I am struggling with the same thing and might be because I have Windows Vista Ultimate x32.

Do you have a newer one x32 or x64?

Hey!
W10 x64 here

Edit: mad typo's

Last edited:
Nice.

So were you able to install both versions : vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86? Because I was only able to install vcredist_x86 so thought it might be the issue.

No problem on Win10 x64 and it didn't try to install VC++ redist, but I've already had a bunch of them installed (2005, 08, 10, 12, 13, 17).

Same here i had to restart client loader 3-4 times tho then it worked.
But i dont got any peds to spend so cant play anyway lol

LAZZ it made no difference for me having all the C++ versions.
This is the issue in my opinion.
I go to Redist and install vcredist_x86 and I receive the message of successful instalation.
Then I start Client loader which works until 95% and then a screen with Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable x86-14.0.24215 appears with Processing and Initializing. Another screen appears and ask me approval to continue :
VC_redist.x86.exe.I accept.
Btw I checked Windows Task Manager and I see two programs opened : 1) Vcredist_x86.exe and 2) VC_redist.x6.exe with different memories -1) 2.856k and 2)4.320k and identical description *Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable x86-14.0.24215*. So now Client loader just stays at updating.. 95% and Visual C++ is at 0%.
A couple of minutes later another window appears and asks my permission to open EntropiaUpdater.exe
Meanwhile the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 disappeared. I click allow and the two Microsoft Visual C++ programs reappear on Windows Task Manager and the Window of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 appears above Client Loader.
20 sec later I get the Failed to update EU: An error occured while applying the update. Please try again later.

My long posts seem to get moderated so I had to write another one.

So the question I have is once I install Microsoft Visual C++ x86 from Redist, why does it appear when the Client loader is at 95% ?
Also why are there two C++ processes on Task Manager? It seems like its preventing the update.
I thought the instalation of C++ 2015 from Redist might not be successful but I still get the message.
I thought about installing C++ 2019 but it doesn't have an x86 version only x32 so won't work.
Any ideas?

My long posts seem to get moderated so I had to write another one.

So the question I have is once I install Microsoft Visual C++ x86 from Redist, why does it appear when the Client loader is at 95% ?
Also why are there two C++ processes on Task Manager? It seems like its preventing the update.
I thought the instalation of C++ 2015 from Redist might not be successful but I still get the message.
I thought about installing C++ 2019 but it doesn't have an x86 version only x32 so won't work.
Any ideas?

Heya..It looks like that you got a permission problem here....bec it should NOT ask for allowance if you run the client as Administrator

maybe there is a hangup bec it has to register the library dll files in your system...

so...check if you have admin privileges (ah if i remember you have vista..there might be the issue of the security user access control)

-->cant remember fully but best to remove the security for this by

Control panel->USER Access control ( if its called) remove it...reboot

remove all vc 2015 versions again...

reboot

Also best to disable your antivirus programm for this ---go to redist folder in entropia folder -->RIGHT click -> run as administrator install the version (if you got 32 bit vista..then only the x86 version) again

THEN -> r-click on entropia client loader -> RUN as Administrator.....check if it goes through all

Hope this helps ya..

GL,
Eddie

Last edited:
Any ideas?

There is a x86 version of vc++ 2019 as well as x64, although 2019 is not a replacement for 2015. But 2017 version (x86 and x64) is a backward compatible update of 2015, so you can try that one instead of 2015 (as I said earlier, EU updater didn't try to install 2015 for me, apparently seeing that there is already 2017 in the system).

Guys, VC++ redistributable installers leave behind log files. Those are named along the lines of dd_vcredist_architecture_timestamp.log and reside in one of temp directories.

If you look into those, you'll see both x86 and x64 installers complete their jobs successfully. (Yes, x64 installer is a 32-bit program and correctly determines it doesn't need to install anything on a 32-bit system.)

It's the next step that fails. (Nothing in any logs as to what this next step is but the error message comes from the client loader itself)

(No need to take my word for this, do a file search for "dd_vcredist")

Thank you for the sugestions Eddie.
I have disabled USER Access control -reboot;
I removed all Vc 2015 versions-reboot;
I reinstalled VC++ 2015 x86 with Run As Administrator;
I ran as administrator Client Loader and same as previous times stopped at 95% and Visual C++ window appears on top of the Client Loader as if preventing it to work.
After a few minutes I get the *failed to update EU* error

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thank you so much for the sugestions I really really appreciate it .

Last edited:
The bad news is MA doesn't even acknowledge there is an updating issue, only two other issues:
Login issues have now been resolved in the south of Amethera, the team are still working on the chat channel issue and hope to roll out a fix soon.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Originally Posted Here
(bolding mine - //H.)

Ye..gabriel..no prob ..i know how bad it is when you wanna play and cant...like i said before..your issue with the updating looked the same as i had...i did try like dozens of things with vc versions,libraries etc and took me over 1 day...

But in your case...i cant think of a quick solution there anymore ..you cant solve all only with writing without seeing the os constellation,installed programs etc.....

The only thing i could offer (if you have enough trust in me)

is a teamviewer session.and /or a teamspeak/mumble for talking..so that we both see what you have and what you dont have...

Otherwise i hope the other players have other solutions or the ultimate solving patch from Ma comes in the next days...

GL for you, Eddie

**EDIT :

https://www.microsoft.com/de-at/download/details.aspx?id=48145

according to microsoft it also needs min. Vista Service pack 2 ....Do you have that also installed?

Last edited:
There is a x86 version of vc++ 2019 as well as x64, although 2019 is not a replacement for 2015. But 2017 version (x86 and x64) is a backward compatible update of 2015, so you can try that one instead of 2015 (as I said earlier, EU updater didn't try to install 2015 for me, apparently seeing that there is already 2017 in the system).

Svarog when you speak about 2017 and 2019 versions you mean https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads?
Because I only see one download that covers 2015-2019 in this case.( Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) -14.20.27508)

Update :

I found it here https://www.itechtics.com/microsoft...inks/#Microsoft_Visual_C_Redistributable_2012
Download vs_redist.x86.exe 2017 32-bit
I installed it to try to bypass the 2015 version thinking that might be better.
I still got the failed to update EU error in the end.
Cunning might be right in the sense it's not a problem with Microsoft Visual C++.

Last edited:
Svarog when you speak about 2017 and 2019 versions you mean https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads?
Because I only see one download that covers 2015-2019 in this case.( Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) -14.20.27508)

Yes, your link contains x86 and x64 versions of 2019 which replace both 2015 and 2017 according to this: "Note Visual C++ 2015, 2017 and 2019 all share the same redistributable files."

The bad news is MA doesn't even acknowledge there is an updating issue, only two other issues:

Just to assure everyone; we are aware that some people still have client update issues. The team is still working on fixing it.

Just to assure everyone; we are aware that some people still have client update issues. The team is still working on fixing it.

great news, that information was really needed!
We would save a lot of nerves if receiving such information earlier (just a tip for next time ;))

Dont know if thie helps but I removed the C++ 2017 redistributables it and then re ran the entropia update and all is ok now for me .
I did not re install any microsoft stuff manually

Ye..gabriel..no prob ..i know how bad it is when you wanna play and cant...like i said before..your issue with the updating looked the same as i had...i did try like dozens of things with vc versions,libraries etc and took me over 1 day...

But in your case...i cant think of a quick solution there anymore ..you cant solve all only with writing without seeing the os constellation,installed programs etc.....

The only thing i could offer (if you have enough trust in me)

is a teamviewer session.and /or a teamspeak/mumble for talking..so that we both see what you have and what you dont have...

Otherwise i hope the other players have other solutions or the ultimate solving patch from Ma comes in the next days...

GL for you, Eddie

**EDIT :

https://www.microsoft.com/de-at/download/details.aspx?id=48145

according to microsoft it also needs min. Vista Service pack 2 ....Do you have that also installed?

I do have Vista SP 2 yes.
Buyt the link goes to an earlier version of C++ 2015 -> 14.0.23026, whereas the one from Redist is 14.024215.

I do have Vista SP 2 yes.
Buyt the link goes to an earlier version of C++ 2015 -> 14.0.23026, whereas the one from Redist is 14.024215.

The link was only as proof to see that it needs vista sp2...

as mentioned in the earlier posts.,.in my case only the same file provieded by the client loader did the job to get through,although for some other players also newer version were ok

Last edited:

24 hours passed, any update on this? I still can't update my game client :(

same here, dont work , i try every day, is always stuck at 95% (failed to update eu, an error ocured while apliyng the update, please try again later) and i try every day for many times :wise:

api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

again again and again :eyecrazy:

win 7 64bits SP1

I got in :laugh:

I changed nothing, just like that...

thanks
try it dozen of time

dont understand because the installation of c++ 2015 finished corretly

:eyecrazy:

Last edited:
ya the only thing that has ever worked for me, is to just keep trying. ie, the insanity thing. any meddling is just trying to outsmart stupid.

I could not download however once cleaning all browsers ( had to do both Edge and Chrome history) and any download history and any other rubbish floating around had no trouble. Windows 10

Back