Entropia Universe 16.3.2 Release Notes

SNAFUBAR I THINK is not even racy

Confirmed.

I have tried logging in with Windows 10 64 bit in full screen mode and Windows 7 32 bit in windowed mode. Both failed. Both on Akmuul. Both stuck on Loading....

Borrowed a friend's login who's on RT and got right in.

Akmuul server is FUBAR as stated.

CO

Support moved me to PA after I submitted a ticket.

All good now.

CO

yes for anyone who was stuck on loading screen just sent in a ticket and ask to be moved servers. i sent one in and game works fine now. was on Akmuul server.

Happy to see most of you got logged in but I am still stuck at 95% with this Visual C++ 015 Redistributable (x86) -14.0.24215 screen for 1min then I get the* Failed to update EU: An error occurred while applying the update. Please try again later.*
Which I have for the past days with no luck.
I disabled antivirus and firewall and nothing.
Any sugestions?

Happy to see most of you got logged in but I am still stuck at 95% with this Visual C++ 015 Redistributable (x86) -14.0.24215 screen for 1min then I get the* Failed to update EU: An error occurred while applying the update. Please try again later.*
Which I have for the past days with no luck.
I disabled antivirus and firewall and nothing.
Any sugestions?

Hello got the same..and got past it ...i wrote it some pages before,..,.

in short: de-install all vc++2015 redist versions

reboot pc

goto your entropia universe folder -->redist..install those 2 veryions there manually....then try the client loader again

if that doesnt work...maybe also remove all versions above 2015 too (i also removed the oldest version to be safe)

the 2012 version is necessary for the client loader screen

then reboot, do same things again...

GL,
Eddie

Ok, so when I start the clientloader now it doesn't update and i cannot press the launch/options button. It then shows the loading thingy when i hover my mouse over it

Ok, so when I start the clientloader now it doesn't update and i cannot press the launch/options button. It then shows the loading thingy when i hover my mouse over it

did you log off on akmul server? if so ask support to move you to another server

Thank you for explaining Eddie.

I uninstalled the Visual C++ 2015.
I rebooted the PC.
I went to Redist and I see two files:
-vcredist_x64
-vcredist_x86
I installed vcredist_x86 without an issue but in the case of vcredist_x64 I get the following error:*Setup failed. One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix th issues and then retry setup. For more information see the log file.
0x81f40001 - Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) -14.0.24215 can only be installed on Windows XP SP1 (x64) and newer platforms*. I use Vista Ultimate so I think I am eligible but I clearly remember x32 not x64 so don't think this one is for me?

Any ideas?

yea same , i just cant enter or finish the update, is realy anoying

i keep getting this message

''failed to update EU: an error occured while applying the update. Please try again later''

i instal ,repair and reinstal many times visual c++ stuff, nothing works

i played tones of games in my life, cracked , bought, downloaded, very few give me 2-3 days of problems

Last edited:

I rebooted the PC.
-vcredist_x64
-vcredist_x86
I installed vcredist_x86 without an issue but in the case of vcredist_x64 I get the following error:*Setup failed. One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix th issues and then retry setup. For more information see the log file.
0x81f40001 - Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) -14.0.24215 can only be installed on Windows XP SP1 (x64) and newer platforms*. I use Vista Ultimate so I think I am eligible but I clearly remember x32 not x64 so don't think this one is for me?

Any ideas?

Yes if you have a 32 bit windows system you only need the x86 version......but did you try running the client loader then?

still the same error or did it go through?

yea same , i just cant enter or finish the update, is realy anoying

i keep getting this message

''failed to update EU: an error occured while applying the update. Please try again later''

i instal ,repair and reinstal many times visual c++ stuff, nothing works

its a difference if you install it automatic from client loader.-->then it fails..

you need to install it manually from entropia\redist folder..

Hope this works then for you

I rebooted the PC.
-vcredist_x64
-vcredist_x86

Any ideas?

erhhh.....first and foremost idea would be to finally upgrade your OS?
might be a good idea after over 12 years, not to mention that you hvae not received any security updates in the past 2 years.
And it should run just with the x86 versions if you run the client in 32 bit.

It doesn't work unfortunately.
I installed it from Redist as you advised and it was successful as per the message.
However when I start the client loader it just appears to be stuck on Visual C++ 015 Redistributable (x86) -14.0.24215 it doesn't get to 100% just at 0% with Setup Progress and Processing/Initializing and then I get the error message *failed to update EU. An error occured while applying the update. Please try again later.*

It doesn't work unfortunately.
I installed it from Redist as you advised and it was successful as per the message.
However when I start the client loader it just appears to be stuck on Visual C++ 015 Redistributable (x86) -14.0.24215 it doesn't get to 100% just at 0% with Setup Progress and Processing/Initializing and then I get the error message *failed to update EU. An error occured while applying the update. Please try again later.*

I have the same for 48 hours now, tried everything, except reinstalling the game itself. And everytime I have the same message "failed to update EU. An error occured while applying the update. Please try again later."

Ok, decided to do a fresh install of entropia. Uninstalled current install, then uninstalled all redistr.. above 2012, then restarted PC and started fresh install and :cussing::cussing::cussing: "Failed to update EU: An error occurred while applying the update. Please try again later."
What means later in here??? in an hour, in a week, in a year, never? 48 hours passed from players reported about this issue, why not roll back to previous version which was playable?
I guess filling a support case would change nothing here, but cmon give some answers, or do something to FIX IT!

damn, I'm getting angry :ahh:

Support case submitted a few hours ago as I'm located at Akmuul.

Don't see why MA cannot, run a script to gather a list of avatars who have tried AND FAILED to log onto the Akmuul server since the last update and then relocate the avatar to PA or Twin ready for the next attempted login. The avater then gets a notifaction next time they login so that they user know why they have been relocated.

This way avatars who have not tried AND FAILED to log onto the Akmuul server will not need to be relocated before the issue possibly gets fixed.

DS

Don't see why MA cannot, run a script to gather a list of avatars who have tried AND FAILED to log onto the Akmuul server since the last update and then relocate the avatar to PA or Twin ready for the next attempted login.

DS

The answer is in the question :) "cannot"

Be positive : they finally found a way to make us save Peds :)

Ye..seems this Time the update did produce like 3 different issues for ppl not beeing able to login...

vc2015 prob with 2 versions (older 32 bit systems and some not new 64 bit os systems in some constellations),Akmul Server logout issue....,

Hope they fix it soon :))

Last edited:
If you can details please

nothing i did on my side.
the client loader updating process finally managed to install the C++ files.
seemingly MA changed the CL update process.

if it still doesnt work for you, then im sorry.
more homework for MA then.

Like 8 years ago or so. When a server was unstable. You were given an option to log in to the next closest server.

Why was this removed? Would have come in handy in this instance.

Support case submitted a few hours ago as I'm located at Akmuul.

Don't see why MA cannot, run a script to gather a list of avatars who have tried AND FAILED to log onto the Akmuul server since the last update and then relocate the avatar to PA or Twin ready for the next attempted login. The avater then gets a notifaction next time they login so that they user know why they have been relocated.

This way avatars who have not tried AND FAILED to log onto the Akmuul server will not need to be relocated before the issue possibly gets fixed.

DS

Previously, I have received "Server not available, would you like to move to another server" messages when a particular server was down. My avatar would be moved automatically.

Apparently, that function is not working ATM.

CO

Previously, I have received "Server not available, would you like to move to another server" messages when a particular server was down. My avatar would be moved automatically.

Apparently, that function is not working ATM.

CO

Akmuul login works now. ;-)

CO

Back