PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Stalker
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Buckaroo Buck Banzai
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images

EU portable install

I think this was discussed several years ago, but this type of information gets obsolete very quickly.

Wondering if anybody managed to set up the EU client as a portable install, e.g. something which can be run from an external HDD and moved from one PC to another. Any ideas or suggestions in this respect? Thank you.

Take care,
    BBB
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_buck.jpg

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Pretty sure I did this with a standard HDD. Just completely uninstall from your PC, install and select HDD as directory. Ran it this way on a PC I only had a 100gb SSD in, and after about 2hrs, decided to clear space on the SSD for EU since performance on the portable was terrible

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Crystal MJ Diamond
    Images
    Years ago when i didnt had internet connection at home i instaled entropia on Sony mp3 player (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NW-HD5.../dp/B000934N2E) and i used it to play game in internet cafe.

My guess is you could do similar thing with external drive

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Buckaroo Buck Banzai
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Sorry, I fear I was not clear: “portable” in the sense that you don’t need to run installer on each PC you want to use. You just double click on exec file and there you go.
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_buck.jpg

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Crystal MJ Diamond
    Images
    Im a bit confused now but if i understand you correctly you want to have a game on external disc and just plug it to any pc and run game without instaling right?
    Thats exacly how i used it, game was instaled on mp3 player and i just had to connect it with usb cable to any pc and run game.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Buckaroo Buck Banzai
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBabul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im a bit confused now but if i understand you correctly you want to have a game on external disc and just plug it to any pc and run game without instaling right?
    Thats exacly how i used it, game was instaled on mp3 player and i just had to connect it with usb cable to any pc and run game.
    Did you start the client simply clicking on the exe file? Which folders did you copy to the external support?

BB

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Captain Cereal Crunch
    I have my game on a normal portable HDD, it works great. I have install it on it and every time i want to play i use my portable HDD

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Crystal MJ Diamond
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroobanzai View Post
    Did you start the client simply clicking on the exe file? Which folders did you copy to the external support?

BB
    When i was instaling eu i just connected external drive to pc and instaled eu there and then used CliendLoader.exe icon thats inside game folder to run it.
    It should be easy since mine worked on MP3 player lol

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBabul View Post
    no he is talking about bypassing the client loader to save bandwidth. for instance, at a cybercafe with 100 pcs. bandwidth, like the stuff MA should be concerned with, you know, when people have to rerun the loader after the clientloader crash near the tail end of the download.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Buckaroo Buck Banzai
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    We are not yet understanding each other about the expression ‘portable’. This is what I mean when I type ‘portable EU’:

https://www.howtogeek.com/290358/wha...oes-it-matter/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast