Suggestion: Land Grab & PvP Improvements

SirAzzah

Old Alpha
Society
Payn-Inc.
Sir Azzah Neu
Land Grab & PvP Improvements

Greetings.
The purpose of this thread is to raise awareness and brainstorm some possible adjustments for certain issues in direct relation to Land Grab and PvP in general. I expect everyone to be non-biased in their opinions or suggestions so we can as a group improve the standing of LG and PK as a whole.

Land Grab

• Society Tax Structure
    This has been a problem since the beginning of the Land Grab lands. Many societies still have inactive players that are suspended or cannot be kicked; cK, Warants, Art of War, etc etc any society that has ever won a Land from LG. Basically once your society claims a land, all members are at the same tax percentage 100% / # of members and the taxes are only adjusted based on claiming a new land. So new members coming in get 0 tax until a new land is claimed. There is no way to remove a member if they become inactive for several months/years. If you try to kick someone they go on "suspended" and their tax will only diminish over time if the lands change hands many many times. In which case I'm not even sure if it would ever go to 0% and allow you to kick. MA won't even remove a member if you do a support case.

Suggestion: Create a voting system where 50% of members need to vote; similar to voting on a new society leader; to adjust or remove taxes for members. Why would this be good for the game? This would be good for the game in general because it seems that in order to be a PvP oriented society, each and every member has to have the same goal and activity to compete in LG. You might have friends that aren't interested in PvP and if you let them join soc then they get taxes making it unfair to the PvP oriented members. It would be nice to include all of your friends without having a dispute over who's getting what tax etc. If you can't include your friends in a new soc it's discouraging for them to log in and deposit.
  • Safe Zone
    Another winner. Been around and complained about for years; yet still exists. Why? I don't know. Rumors have it so that MA could watch LG to make sure it's fair. Haven't seen any MA personnel there in years either. This is a problem because people defending the claim can sit in safe zone and wait for the timer to tick down near 0 and then run out with PK armor and probably medi stim to re-secure the claim for their society.

Suggestion: Make the only revive above the heli pad and thus the only safe zone. Either that or move the terminals at Main Control Room roof further away from the claim.
  • Log-In Fort
    When LG starts it kicks all non-defending society avatars to the nearest revive. That being said... If you log out and log in after the LG starts you will stay in the same location you logged out at. This is a problem because defenders are able to have friends in other societies log in to the MCR(Main Control Room) in order to blow the MCR and grab the claim within seconds of the start of the LG event.

I must say I'm not a programmer and I can't see how this could be accomplished. What I can say is it's not really fair to attacking societies if abused as it has been in the past and the one blowing the MCR is able to bypass the ~15 ped to blow the 5ish gates to get down to the MCR.
  • Fort Structures
    Fort Structures... What can I say. None of them really work as intended. First, you can't even get into the turrets since the new camera update. I would think considering that now players die when vehicles are blown up the turrets could really make for some fun action at LG and make defending the fort an actual viable option.
    Second, The Jamming Device; Supposed to allow attackers to TP into the fort once it's blown. The ability to TP into the fort was taken away some years ago. The Power Generator room; 4 power generators in a room that can be blown up. Supposed to allow attackers to be able to use the Fort Teleporters. I guess maybe it works. But, just blowing the 1 Power Generator and 2 Main Control Room structures does the same thing while also enabling the claim. So not sure the point of the other structures. Maybe it would be good to make you have to blow those up too in order to activate the claim
  • Team Size
    Most Societies are 30+ members. Having multiple teams of 12 makes it really confusing. Maybe in terms of team hunting there's some justification for the 12 person limit. But having 12 man teams for LG is very limiting. Especially if you have a team tagger or two for your team. That also log into safe zone to tag more efficiently...
  • Identify friends or enemies
    Sometimes it's pretty hard to identify people. Especially the period right before claim is blown and all "attackers" show as green dots. When the 5 HoG members are defending all 50 cB members show up as green dots because they're not the defending soc. I thought that settings attitude towards other societies would change this. But I've learned that it doesn't and you can only set the attitude for the few hours before your soc becomes "verified"
  • Healing while moving
    It seems impossible to get a normal heal while in the LG lag conundrum. Even planting and standing still for what seems like seconds gives you a diminished heal. Not sure how to correct this but there must be a way.
  • Risk to Reward
    I don't want to sound like I'm only doing LG to make money, because the truth is I have a lot invested in PK gear L & UL; and even just the spending at each LG outweighs any amount of revenue received for me personally and most others. There's been many suggestions to have missions for each mob on the LAs to promote more people grinding or allow events to be set. I'd also suggest that LG be only one hour to defend the fort or 30 minutes to hold the claim. LG would still cost a lot but making it more fun and manageable for more to participate. And if claim is reset a couple times it would still run for a long time; especially if the safe zone was not RIGHT NEXT TO THE CLAIM. This would also make defending the fort a more viable option. However, it's almost impossible to defend the fort since the Main Control Room structures are way too low HP. Someone like me or messi can blow the structures in a matter of seconds and be near invincible with a medi stim running.

PvP Improvements

• Pyrite & Loot composition
    What is the purpose of PvP4 now? You get way more pyrite at the rig nowadays. The loot on the mobs is also a joke. Why should one risk a 5 ped toxic shot to mine in a dead area. For risking PED & loot to hunt/mine there you would think there would be extra markup to make it worth the risk. At this point in time it is not. Mulaak have not dropped an a204 in several years and the general loot has nothing much of interest either. Muluk do drop spleen oil but you're better off on rex or brood of all in my opinion and no risk + outputs.
  • 100% Hit
    Seems like there's always been something around. I strive for fair gameplay by all parties. I'm not aware or convinced that anyone is using anything of the sorts currently. But it would be nice if MA could implement some kind of security in game to combat against anything of the sort. I will say without the HP bar up it is impossible to see if someone is hitting 100% or not by watching 3rd party streams.
  • Medi-Stim
    Some like them, Most do not. This kind of ruins PvP in a sense. One minute of near invincibility for higher HP avatars. Also significantly can increase cost for all parties. Not sure how to stop someone from taking a pill in a certain situation... but maybe give them the same kind of "heal diminished while moving" parameters? Not sure how to make this one fair for all. But would like to hear feedback from those affected by this.

These are a lot of issues with PvP. I'm certain there are others that will be added to the list.
A lot of players that used to be big into PK have seemed to stop playing and sold out of game. I think if people saw MindArk putting some attention to PK it would seriously attract some of these players back as well as new blood into PK.

This thread is in addition to Captain Jack's Thread https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?310504-Land-Grab-Improvements

Again the purpose of this thread is to brainstorm and make suggestions that would make pk more fun as a whole and this is a not a thread for naming and shaming. I'd appreciate to keep comments not in direct relation to improving LG and PvP suggestions in some other thread.

Azzah

Last edited:
Addition to OP
Land Grab Ambiguity
What I mean by this is that when the claim is activated and claimed, a window pops up on screen and basically says on top ‘managed by: defending soc’ then time remaining with a health bar timer like, then: ‘Challenged by: Attacking soc’.
I think this by design is kind of clunky and it’s often that some people involved in land grab aren’t even sure who has the claim. I’m sure it’s even more confusing for people watching twitch streams. I would aim to streamline this to not include the managed by line and just have the timer and challenged by: soc. But in a different font and bold and probably red in color.

Also, in terms of viewership on twitch: as I mentioned before it’s hard to see how much people are hitting without the HP bar. People also have no idea who is fighting because the name doesn’t pop up when in camera on avatar mode ever. I know there was turmoil by some about the HP bar but it would be nice to have some kind of happy medium to where viewers knew who was fighting and had a better idea what was going on.

Ashi Oil Rig
There is no PvP going on here as Alina said. People hide in vehicles so that they don’t even have to kill the nearby atrox. When someone does kill someone at the rig they come back with a mob train behind a pit bull so that they don’t actually have to fight.
Suggestion: at minimum increase the radius of the vehicle zone to 200m or so this way vehicles cannot be used around the pump. Longer term I think some complete overhaul should be worked out.

Last edited:
Cool post!

Maybe someday MA will realize that PK is what makes the game and market run!

With PK there is the drive to become stronger and better, with PK there is the desire to win! With all that there becomes demand on skills and weapons and resorses to make those weapons etc.!!!

More attention on PVP is a good thing and will help everyone in this game!

MA, please, make pvp great again!:yay:

Currently on pvp strike. If that make sense.

Hope this year they happen to give pvp some blessing

Bunch of good ideas on OP

Even i don't care about pvp/LG i agree with Azzah's requests, even if i mention it in a previous post it really helps the economy if ppls participate in good numbers at all LG's.

making LG more fair and fun will increase participation. People are also discouraged by the reward to risk.

Game lagg way too much on landgrabs even on high end pc. fix that first :tongue2:

Yeah fix this damn pvp. And defently the Oil rig. Its only ajoke now.

If pvp Will be fixed i think many players Come back to the game. And many of this players help to give alot of peds in the loopool.

Angelhenx

Allow adjustment of start date/time by controlling society up to 72 hours forward or backwards, up to 2 weeks before scheduled start.

Bump this up right meow

Can I get a BUMP

BUMPpPpPPppPpP

Add your suggestions here too as long as trying to be productive.

PVP deserve more attention from MA !! So @ Ludvik can you guys bring it back to life like in old days !! :)

PVP deserve more attention from MA !! So @ Ludvik can you guys bring it back to life like in old days !! :)

Once per year and hold the claim for 24 hours (or whatever it was)?

Make pvp gr8 again bump

My top two suggestions to improve EU pvp:
- Make it more challenging (no not more expensive -- the cash cost of pvp needs to be much more evenly shared among participants)
- Make pay-to-win much less effective (this applies to the entire game -- p2w is a tremendous disincentive to pay to play)
Rgds, Medb

This is one of the reason why I'm here to skill and a long term goal for me is to participate in LA, pvp. I'm sure there is quite a few players that would come back for this one reason. Most players just login to do mayhem and that's is it. Put some effort into pvp and you will see a great playerbase back again. :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

This is one of the reason why I'm here to skill and a long term goal for me is to participate in LA, pvp. I'm sure there is quite a few players that would come back for this one reason. Most players just login to do mayhem and that's is it. Put some effort into pvp and you will see a great playerbase back again. :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Can you be specific? Because there currently are land grabs and PvP areas available, and MindArk has not shown a historical pattern of creativity.

Would appreciate if Oil rig pvp was vehicle free, ppl would have to run all the way to the oil field or use tp chip.

In my opinion, PvP is a good oportunity in the game at first glance. However, when you start to understand Entropia, you see that EU is not really for PvP.
It could do PvP, but it will always be secondary. To make it great, you would need features and smooth control. All those things are hard to develop. They are taxing for the company, and in the end for the playerbase, because all costs come from game cost in the end.

In my opinion, MA should just give up on the idea of having PVP. Disable it completely for few years. Have no pvp, lo landgrab, no nothing. Admit that you failed at doing this. Is fine. Failing is not bad. Focus on making the game better. Stop wasting energy and effort on something that is just not doable at this time at the quality provided by any other game.

When you can afford to invest a team dedicated to pvp content, with designers, programmers and an architect that understands the game and the economy, you can think about implementing PvP.

In truth, at this point, whatever change you come up with, will just hurt the game.

I am back in game after some years. The new controls just suck. The fact that we do not have the health bars anymore is a huge quality of life cost for most players. All that is for a system that is bad no matter how much effort you invest in it at this point.

Note that my point is not tha MA is not capable of making PVP great. I am sure it can. Any company can make any product with enough people and enough money. MA is great at many things. Lack of focus in an area will make it look like you have no idea what you are doing. This is a lot worse than not even trying to do it.

Remember that old saying.

Don't try. Do or don't do.

I am convinced that if you want to make it amazing, you can. But please, make other things amazing before you do that.

Back