Question on the legality of log readers

stc44

Provider
I've seen a post saying any log-reader is legal to implement but I haven't found an official answer. And if you guys have one please post a link.
So I wanted to ask assuming I want to make a software that reads chat logs and
- plays a sound when it determines that somebody is selling sweat at calytrade chat
- then puts a string in a clipboard saying "hi, I want to buy 2k of your Vibrant sweat at a <parsed_price> if possible, meet me at Twin Peaks"
- then I just ctrl+v it manually into a whisper message
- displays tray notification if it has found a message in system chat like "this creature have no sweat left"
which of these actions are considered illegal?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I've seen a post saying any log-reader is legal to implement but I haven't found an official answer. And if you guys have one please post a link.
So I wanted to ask assuming I want to make a software that reads chat logs and
- plays a sound when it determines that somebody is selling sweat at calytrade chat
- then puts a string in a clipboard saying "hi, I'll buy 2k"
- then I just ctrl+v it manually into a whisper message
- displays tray notification if it has found a message in system chat like "this creature have no sweat left"
which of these actions are considered illegal?
Thanks in advance.

Why ask for a link...better to ask Mindark through a support case...then you have all evidence proofen without problems..right?

and Entropia life uses chat logs for the tracker ...

What you are describing sounds like it only reads the chat log. It doesn't seem like it's interfering with Entropia client. However I'll let someone at MA answer this. Ideally you should give link to your program source to MA in a support case so that they can verify themselves if it interferes with EU. Just to be on the safe side.

If botting is legal, why wouldn't log readers be?

Back