The new camera system: What, When Where?

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
So in Februari we all got to experience the new camera system of which Dennis has told us that these were the reasons why:

Background
For some time the MindArk team has felt that the existing camera and control system results in confusion for many new participants, along with frustration and unnecessary limitations for many current and veteran participants.

Several existing features (for example, Next Target and switching between camera modes) have issues with consistency and undesired side effects on other features or systems.

The current state of the camera and control system also imposes limits on many of our design ideas and the impacts the implementation of desired new features.

A few months ago, in October, MindArk hosted a workshop at its offices in Gothenburg for 8 members of the community to test drive an early version of the new camera system and provide feedback.

Goals
Our overhaul of the camera and control system, focused on several important goals:
Simplify and streamline the system by minimizing the number of controls and Action Library items required for the most common usage scenarios.
More closely integrate the existing cursor and aim mode systems.
Create a default control system that is familiar for new participants who are accustomed to “standard” layouts encountered in other popular games.
Offer customization and key mapping for all new features and Actions, where possible.
Retain as many existing camera and control modes and features as practical: First-person mode, aim mode, third-person mode, keyboard shortcuts, etc.

So now that everybody except returning players has changed their setups to change it back to what it was before or simply adopted the new camera system, this line intrigues me:

The current state of the camera and control system also imposes limits on many of our design ideas and the impacts the implementation of desired new features.

So what do you think will be new features and design ideas?

When will they be implemented?

Where will they be implemented?

I read hope this is a step to combat sytem changes. Let's face it there is no action to hunting. It's stand in front of mob, pew pew pew fap pew pew pew fap.

It would be much better if there was mechanics to it. Like maybe we can never get to a Destiny or Doom Style of gameplay, but maybe more like mega Man where there are attack paterns, where you can time moving out of the way of attacks and such.

I read hope this is a step to combat sytem changes. Let's face it there is no action to hunting. It's stand in front of mob, pew pew pew fap pew pew pew fap.

It would be much better if there was mechanics to it. Like maybe we can never get to a Destiny or Doom Style of gameplay, but maybe more like mega Man where there are attack paterns, where you can time moving out of the way of attacks and such.

Or this. ;)

So in Februari we all got to experience the new camera system of which Dennis has told us that these were the reasons why:

So now that everybody except returning players has changed their setups to change it back to what it was before or simply adopted the new camera system, this line intrigues me:

So what do you think will be new features and design ideas?

When will they be implemented?

Where will they be implemented?

im hoping for mobile ipad verson soon.. that be the sickest with new camera system.

we actually have mechanics on at least 1 mob I can think of.. vanguards.. soo much fun :)

What mechanics would you guys like to see? Wouldn't that complicate things quite a bit?

Last edited:
now that everybody except returning players has changed their setups to change it back to what it was before or simply adopted...

you missed a category there: those that simply gave up and stopped playing...

I do hope that eventually after my ongoing break I'll be able to easily revert as much as possible back to how it shoud be, the little exposure I had to the new system made pushed me towards the competition, I'm making more game time than I have for a long time, just not in PE...

I would like it to be finished with the bugfixes.

This new system is total crap.......:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Was total crap till they gave us an off switch.

I applaud them for making the needed changes to let us free up the camera, and have a decent 3rd person view. It's actually way better now than when i started playing in Jan 2019! So many fixes that I don't have time to post on BB boards. I only have time to play. If anyone left because of the camera control? come back and try it with the Camera in free look.

I applaud them for making the needed changes to let us free up the camera, and have a decent 3rd person view. It's actually way better now than when i started playing in Jan 2019! So many fixes that I don't have time to post on BB boards. I only have time to play. If anyone left because of the camera control? come back and try it with the Camera in free look.

ok ... That they put new things in but this is how we have control over our avatar where they should let us choose and not limit this in here, we have many types of people most older who may even have nerve damage in their arms or other diseases or injuries

Spent some time and configure it in your own way. I still use space (and not ctrl) like i did before to change between cursor mode and aim mode, I jump on E key. The auto toggle mode is now the new interact, I use one of my lateral mouse buttons for it, very useful. To quit the select of a mob just press both of the mouse buttons at same time or unequip the item. I rarely use the operate now, only when i want to heal myself and you can do it by keep pressing the key for half second and it goes like the old auto-toggle mode.
The only thing i see more difficult now is to heal others (no bar to check hp is not in team) and to pick up my vehicles (need to hold right button so a menu can show up). Sweat and hunting is now a lot easier and faster and also mining. When mining and a claim is very fair but on your field view use interact and the ava goes to the claim and start to auto extract it. Using next target and interact on lateral keys of mouse. You even gained DPS by keep shooting constantly compared to before this change.

Give it a try seriously and by the way, Megavolt posted some printscreens here on forum that might help you or at least speeding that customization. Good luck.

And yes, looking forward for new features and content. Last time we got it was the neomex cave? Well i even finished the 60k points mission for them already! lol

Last edited:

is not 90% of ppls were complaining about it , it only takes 1-2 days to get used and fix your shortcuts ...as hunter all you do is interact

Give it a try seriously and by the way, Megavolt posted some printscreens here on forum that might help you or at least speeding that customization. Good luck.

hello_mr_snarg.jpg

options_interface_vu_16_3.jpg

Thanks Fanan, I'll repost them above, hopefully it'll help others to re-adjust. :)

Back