Suggestion: Bring back the health bars already....

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Mindark's made lots of mistakes over time... 2 item cost to tier, electric buff on 2x0, and numerous other examples... etc. Sometimes they do things that are not good for the game... and figure that out later and fix it... I think removing the health bars was one of those things...

Just bring the health bars back. ;)

Do you know why they did removed it in first place? What they claimed for that change?

I also miss them but if what they claimed is true let them be gone forever.

I think that comes down to differing opinions. If they bring it back, it should be as an OPTION.
I for one got sick and tired of accidently dragging out the health bar of my targets and would then have to close them.

So for me, it was a good thing they removed them. I know for others that like to heal that it was stupid that they removed them.

I know for others that like to heal that it was stupid that they removed them.

Some new player I came across recently asked me if I could fix their car.

"Sure no problem" I replied.

Took me 2 minutes to find a way to do it. :scratch2:

As I have said earlier, if this was to fix PVP or fix Botting then fair enough but if not, it's been an annoyance and most players dont login to be annoyed in their leisure time.

Some new player I came across recently asked me if I could fix their car.

"Sure no problem" I replied.

As I have said earlier, if this was to fix PVP or fix Botting then fair enough but if not, it's been an annoyance and most players dont login to be annoyed in their leisure time.

It took you 2 mins to equip your tool then go up next to the vehicle and hit use???
Never needed the health bar for that previously, hasn't changed....Sounds like that problem of old age kicking in.

Again it comes down to differing opinions, not against them putting it back, but make it an option otherwise it annoys those of us who never use them.

It took you 2 mins to equip your tool then go up next to the vehicle and hit use???
Never needed the health bar for that previously, hasn't changed....Sounds like that problem of old age kicking in.

Again it comes down to differing opinions, not against them putting it back, but make it an option otherwise it annoys those of us who never use them.

Next time I'll fly him/her to Camp Icarus.

I dont remember asking for my controls to be messed up. I got that as a free download.

Next time I'll fly him/her to Camp Icarus.

I dont remember asking for my controls to be messed up. I got that as a free download.

Since when do gaming companies ask players before implementing something into their games?
Short answer, they generally don't, they will do a test server at most and ask for feedback .... which MA did as a closed test...guess what, they got good feedback and here we are.

and here we are.

Yes, Here We Are

Doesn't mean we have to like it.

Especially as the 'revert to previous controls' was a txt file. Really professional.

Since when do gaming companies ask players before implementing something into their games?
Short answer, they generally don't, they will do a test server at most and ask for feedback .... which MA did as a closed test...guess what, they got good feedback and here we are.

U should try oldschool runescape... they have these open polls for every update they planning.. if it doesnt pass the required votes its not put into the game.. thats some shit id like to see more in online games

Do you know why they did removed it in first place? What they claimed for that change?

I also miss them but if what they claimed is true let them be gone forever.

Because "it is no longer needed" (cf. initial release notes and official responses to ensuing discussions). Your government knows better than you do what you need.

We all have slightly different gripes with the changed controls. One is missing this, the other one that. Some are happy and think everybody else is stupid for not doing things the way they do or for having their muscle memory trained the wrong way. (I find the resolution of the targeting issues was great, but being a keyboard player I got the hassle at the point of looting now and in some movement situations. Just got one issue exchanged for another. In that sense, it works as well as it always did - the more things change the more they remain the same, lol).

They made the new changes to be more like every other mmorpg but most of the games i know of has the health bar funktion on the V key, i really miss that in EU specially in mixed spawn and maturitys. Common MA u have really been paying attention to the community requests lately dont stop now.

Why is so many people ok with removing health bars? They said they removed them because they were causing unexpected problems (I also guess this was about pvp and botting), well that's not how you fix things.

You do NOT remove a core feature just to fix specific side effects. How are they going to fix the 9 year old clipping issue with weapons? removing all weapons of course !

Absurd. Even more absurd if you realise they have removed core functionality with them, like... you know... finding someone in a fucking crowd?

[related thread]

I haven't even attempted to hunt since the bars were removed. I always thought is was far easier to click a static bar to shot a mob than to click something which is moving around all over the place :rolleyes:.

For now I stick to crafting and walking between the TT, auction and crafting terminal. Walking should become a profession so much skill is required to do it these days :cool:.

No

to shoooorty

I don't mind drag-out health bars being removed.

What I do mind is that mob health bars tend to disappear when using an Arso chip for pre-damage/ tagging etc. That was a result of thos Camera update too. It's freaking annoying, expecially with high HP/ high dmg mobs.

I want the health bars bak too exspecialy to heal. And drop the bars from mobs to interact with not talke what is close to me as next target

I want the health bars bak too exspecialy to heal. And drop the bars from mobs to interact with not talke what is close to me as next target

You don't need health bars to heal.
Bots need health bars.
3rd party softwares needs health bars

Last edited:

About as much as took me to repair my quad yesterday :).

Equipped the repair tool, clicked on the quad to repair it... and entered it.
Exited it, forgot to equip the tool, clicked on the quad, it went to inventory.
Waited for 1 min cooldown, spawned it, equipped the tool, pressed Interact key... and entered the damn thing!

Was about to break something in RL by the time I was done.

Bots need health bars.

I think removing health bars hardly fixed anything in that regard.

And I do need health bars, if you don't that is cool but there are a lot of players that worked very well with them. And again, removing them also removed core functionality that had nothing to do with bots or whatever.

MA fixed a leak with a nuke, genius.

Bots need health bars.

Yeah because it's so hard to train bot to repeatedly hit F key....

I think removing health bars hardly fixed anything in that regard.

And I do need health bars, if you don't that is cool but there are a lot of players that worked very well with them. And again, removing them also removed core functionality that had nothing to do with bots or whatever.

MA fixed a leak with a nuke, genius.

MA removed health bars because they decided to do so, has nothing to do with what I said or with what people want.
I don't care what was their reason but I like the result.
The game works with or without healthbars and no YOU DON'T NEED THEM.
Minark won't bring back what they just removed.Fake it until you make it its the word.

MA removed health bars because they decided to do so, has nothing to do with what I said or with what people want.
I don't care what was their reason but I like the result.
The game works with or without healthbars and no YOU DON'T NEED THEM.
Minark won't bring back what they just removed.Fake it until you make it its the word.

When I say "need" I don't mean the game doesn't work without them. I could probably go a week without food, but when I'm hungry I say I need to eat.

The game worked much better for me (and many others) with health bars.

When I say "need" I don't mean the game doesn't work without them. I could probably go a week without food, but when I'm hungry I say I need to eat.

The game worked much better for me (and many others) with health bars.

Since we are unable to measure your statement lets just say that in your opinion the game works better in the past which is fine.
Lets wait for a few years maybe Mindark will come with an official statement on how many new players registered, retention rate, how many of them achieved higher levels, how many of them break certain levels, I'd love to see the old dinosaurs being replaced with fresh blood.
Meanwhile enjoy what you have.I don't know any successful player who live in the past.

No one even hunts by clicking. And if you do you're doing it wrong.

Press the good old 1,2,3 keys (select target, auto tool, loot)
That's all you need to play...

Health bars never had anything for me .. so no need for them .. this is the other part of the equation. Want a real game then don't have them .. but that is my opinion .. perhaps make them optional .. I would turn it off in an instant..

'We know things are bad – worse than bad. They’re crazy.'

Back