UL Level 4 or 5 mining amplifier

kingofaces

Stalker
Tony KingofAces Hans
It's been awhile since I've seen discussion on UL amps, and prices have come down a bit in recent years.

I'm pretty content with my Terra 1 Amp Gold Rush (0.8 ped / drop as opposed to 1 ped / drop on a level 3 amp). I'm mainly asking because when trying to pencil out ROI, it seems as lot harder to justify moving past the ~ level 3 amp size. It could just be levels 1-3 have more up to date prices out there too though, so I figured I'd see what people estimate them at.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm invoking Cunningham's Law, but I guess I'll give it a start.

Based on what levels 1-3 have gone for in the last year or two (averaged rather than the lowest I've seen), and level 4 should be in the ballpark of 32-35k, and a level 5 should be 45-50k when you compare drop costs and ROI. Of course that's just based solely on by comparative ROI and not factoring in availability as you get up to rarer amps, etc.

Last edited:
While using amps 2 all the time :

(Crafting my own amps @ 100%) with the following results

- been doing some testing with the amp 3 also where my average return is around 100-110% and my TT return dropped to 80-85%

- been doing some testing with the amp 3 where my average return is around 120-130% and my TT return dropped to 100-105%

I'm pretty sure when trying out amp 4 and higher I'm loosing all the time cause it costs to much on a NRF, knowing that those prices are really not worth it and only ok if you want to do some gambling mining but not for a steady return.

A UL amp 2 would be ok, but going higher means a lot higher risk also as for those prices ... amp 2 is mainly belkar to craft, so crafting them @ 100% (or even less if you get over 100% TT return) is imo a lot cheaper (and no risk of devaluation)

So pls be carefull and GL mining :)

@ MA : Thank you so much for the changes in mining !!! It's worth mining whole day now :yay:

Last edited:
You mean you craft all the amps you use right? No mining amp can be crafted at TT cost.

I get my belk very cheap, mostly under 100%, the plates I buy on auction cause that is cheaper than crafting my own. My residue I get from crafting also enhancers and average TT return on those (when selling depth enh @ 200%) is 103,87%

Doing about 60 clix on amp 2 light my average loss is 11,36 ped ....return 95,21%

So this makes me crafting amps 2 around 100%

Mind you these are all averages.

I get my belk very cheap, mostly under 100%, the plates I buy on auction cause that is cheaper than crafting my own. My residue I get from crafting also enhancers and average TT return on those (when selling @ 200%) is 103,87%

Doing about 60 clix on amp 2 light my average loss is 11,36 ped ....

So this makes me crafting amps 2 around 100%

Mind you these are all averages.

Hmm well ok, but that's a weird way of calculating costs and returns.

I buy a gun at 10k, then get a 10k hof. Does it mean I got the gun for free? What if I lose 10k, is the gun suddenly worth 20k?

Cheers.

Hmm well ok, but that's a weird way of calculating costs and returns.

I buy a gun at 10k, then get a 10k hof. Does it mean I got the gun for free? What if I lose 10k, is the gun suddenly worth 20k?

Cheers.

Agree with that indeed, but any losses I make I can compensate with mining easy and I do sell also amps 2 light in shop with %

But still there is a loss off course as you say, for me most important is that my pedcard is growing every month with losses/profits and keep all balanced :)

So let me ask you something :p

Taking into count that you pay that much for an UL amp, how long will it take before you will hit a really biggy (if you ever do) and get those peds back (cause they are locked) or when you want to sell it again without devaluation as already stated that those prices are going down.

Mining with amp 3 will make you loose most of the time, not speaking of higher amps, then you are not mining but gambling.

Last edited:
So let me ask you something :p

Taking into count that you pay that much for an UL amp, how long it will take that you will hit a really biggy and get those peds back (cause they are locked) or when you want to sell it again without devaluation as already stated that those prices are going down.

Mining with higher than amp 3-4 will make you loose in almost any run

TT return doesn't change with different amps. Its the same logic for all amps and finders.

The biggest difference, is that people don't drop as many bombs with bigger amps, so don't get the resultant bigger finds to average out the tt returns.

As to the OPs question price check.....for me these amps are mostly worth what people are willing to pay, for long term no markup on amps. Some calculate directly from the ped saved on each amp run. Others try to price in the resell value. I am a latter thinker!

EDIT: For the bigger amps you needa HUGE payrol to play with.

Rgds

Ace

TT return doesn't change with different amps. Its the same logic for all amps and finders.

Ace

As I wrote higher in this thread my returns are going down depending the amp I use, starting from amp 3 doing the same spots over and over again as I did with amp 2 (doing about 500-1K drops / day)

What is not changing with me is the HR as for ores my average is 34 HR and for enm 36 HR but its the NRF in between that kills me with amp 3

EDIT : I can assure you that my payroll is more than enough for amps 2-3 (and higher) as I count minimum 10K / amp and going up with 10K /higher amp.

So to answer King's question ( and let us stay by that) my answer is, I even wouldn't pay 1 ped for them sorry. But that is because I prefer steady returns and no gambling.

Last edited:
As I wrote higher in this thread my returns are going down depending the amp I use, starting from amp 3 doing the same spots over and over again as I did with amp 2 (doing about 500-1K drops / day)

What is not changing with me is the HR as for ores my average is 34 HR and for enm 36 HR but its the NRF in between that kills me with amp 3

EDIT : I can assure you that my payroll is more than enough for amps 2-3 (and higher) as I count minimum 10K / amp and going up with 10K /higher amp.

So to answer King's question ( and let us stay by that) my answer is, I even wouldn't pay 1 ped for them sorry. But that is because I prefer steady returns and no gambling.

I wasn't questioning your bankroll, it was general advice to people. Sorry for the confusion

Rgds

Ace

I wasn't questioning your bankroll, it was general advice to people. Sorry for the confusion

Rgds

Ace

Sorry misunderstood and indeed that is good advice, most underestimate the costs of that

Well... you really won't get a true sense of returns unless you're mining Level 13 amps on FOMA.

Back