Info: Information about update issues

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
I liked a bit more "working hard" from previous posts :)
Sounds a bit more focused on the problem xD
Anyway we like to hear that.

Thx for comunication :wtg:

Hello everyone! We are aware of the fact that some players are still experiencing update issues, and we are working on fixing these issues as quickly as possible. We are also following the discussions on the forum regarding this.

The solution right now should be to install the latest Visual C++ redist, as found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

i have the lates Visual C++ redist and was not able to play, and been waiting for the magical fix, tierd of waiting i did a new install of entropia yesterday and now Im back, this was on win 10 x64

GL keek

Hello everyone! We are aware of the fact that some players are still experiencing update issues, and we are working on fixing these issues as quickly as possible. We are also following the discussions on the forum regarding this.

The solution right now should be to install the latest Visual C++ redist, as found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

are you guys aware also about the caves issue, its some sort of fps drop when equipping items

Last edited:

Thank you for the communication, but it isn't a solution for me.
Installing redists, deinstalling redists - the biggie is still a hangup on 14.0.24215 at WindowsVista_MSU_x86.
No apparent diff whether I install manually from the EU folder after a reboot or run the client loader, except that the client loader at least accepts failure after a while whereas the manual install under admin just hangs there.

Why are you fixated on that exact version? Would it help to get the client loader to download a different version?

Not a happy bunny considering this is now more than a week of this. Please keep the indoor mining algorithm in game and not included in nrfs to the downloader/installer.... :eyecrazy: Thank you

It just gets me to the error at 95% faster as it doesn't create two restore points anymore.

At this point I'm starting to wonder how many of the people experiencing issues have Windows in a language other than English, or otherwise multilingual systems. We have two computers, both have issues, and that's about the only thing they have in common.

This is a Typical client fix, this form of issue has been around since project entropia:
copy all planet file,
Uninstall/reinstall entropia,
Copy planet files back into planet folder.

Update breaks are so common, im surprised this is not MindArks default response by now. The Visual C++ redis is a common redistribution with alot of games, more than likely most have that installed from some other game, without thinking about it.

Oh and while i have it in my head... remember the fix client button in the options, it never worked, but the idea was a good concept, i never know what that button did in the background, but a button that would download and fix issues like this, would be a good end user design. People just want to play, not be an I.T. tech.

Back