Team Missions

Larry

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Enviro Larry Lagoono
Hi,

I love team hunting. It brings together one of the core activities in EU (hunting) with what in my opinion is the best and greatest reason why we play EU (the community). Given how amazing these things are together, why are there no team missions?

Don't get me wrong, the current mission system is great. However, as things stand, if I ask people if they want to go on a team hunt, the usual answer from most people is "I can't, I'm doing a mission". It may seem like a small thing, but I think the current 'solo only' missions is driving a little wedge between each player - which I think has broken most societies and just makes you feel that little more distant from your in-game friends than should be the case. EU is a social game and we need mechanics that support this.

I also think that adding team missions would be a great way to help new players through the mentor system and to mix with experienced players more, which can only have positive effects for the health of the community and the game.

Also, one of the guys on my friend list sent me this link. It's an old pcf post, but I think it gives a good example of one method in which some kind of team system could work.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this. You never know, if we show enough support maybe our awesome new management will add it to their to-do list. :yay:

Last edited:
I fully support the bottom line of your post!

The current mission point system favors only the strongest player in team and penalizes everybody else.

PE iron mission system lacks (team-) dividing the killpoints.
As soon as team members get their part credited in killing a single iron mission mob (in form of a fractional killpoint / kill), much more teams would form to work on irons.
Those teams can -and therefor will- fight bigger and harder mobs, which is much more fun for every participating team member.
Weaker players now have a reason to join stronger players in team - mentors and disciples can hunt together without leaving the weaker one behind on the mission side.

Iron mission for MA:
For years now you have watched the social isolation effect of iron missions and its negative influence on player cooperation - which is a major player draught horse in competitive game products.
In case this is not self-evident for you: YOUR! GAME! BENEFITS! FROM! NEW! PLAYERS!
Fractional iron mission points are overdue. Implement them asap!

On top of that, i dont see why not all mobs should work like shared mobs.
By now all necessary mechanics are already developed and implemented:
Fair loot distribution, named globals of shared mobs when killed alone (or team name then!), loot claiming, etc.
They just work fragmented here and there on different special mobs. It is time now to unite those game mechanics to work on every mob.

Last edited:
Renewed focus on team aspects of the game needed

I fully agree with Larry - I think we need more team incentives and team tools in-game to get the new player base to stick around for a long time.

I wrote the linked post Larry is referencing, 9 years ago, as I was a new player, as I wanted to go hunting but was often very tired of hunting puny mobs alone. - and today, if that chip was developed, what a great way of using your S10 and get some healing skills while getting hooked on that community feel this game can provide.

Thinking out of the box is not just for hunting mobs, but could be used for taming: Imagine one with a whip and from 2 and upwards with nets/traps/capturing tools, to be able to tame a mob.

Get version 2 of sweating going for teams - it takes some to gather sweat, some to distract the mob, and all can only be done while the mob is moving as it only produces sweat when walking.

If not thinking about mobs - just imagine fruit/stone - some are too big to pick up alone, you have to use team efforts to get that big carroot.

There are heaps of opportunities for teams to do stuff together - and to get the community in-game back.

I fully agree with Larry - I think we need more team incentives and team tools in-game to get the new player base to stick around for a long time.

I wrote the linked post Larry is referencing, 9 years ago, as I was a new player, as I wanted to go hunting but was often very tired of hunting puny mobs alone. - and today, if that chip was developed, what a great way of using your S10 and get some healing skills while getting hooked on that community feel this game can provide.

Thinking out of the box is not just for hunting mobs, but could be used for taming: Imagine one with a whip and from 2 and upwards with nets/traps/capturing tools, to be able to tame a mob.

Get version 2 of sweating going for teams - it takes some to gather sweat, some to distract the mob, and all can only be done while the mob is moving as it only produces sweat when walking.

If not thinking about mobs - just imagine fruit/stone - some are too big to pick up alone, you have to use team efforts to get that big carroot.

There are heaps of opportunities for teams to do stuff together - and to get the community in-game back.

Logged in just to +REP these ideas. Good stuff.

Societies and Teams need a great update. Been adding ideas about societies into this thread for a looooooooong time now.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-improve-society-terminal-(Part-2)&highlight=

Lets wait and see in 10 years time if anything changes :)

We are currently working on a system that allows us to track progress for contributing to a kill in a team hunting or shared creature scenario.

It is too early to share any details but we understand that it is important to you and hopefully we can give some more detailed info when it gets closer to being released which should be this year.

We are currently working on a system that allows us to track progress for contributing to a kill in a team hunting or shared creature scenario.

It is too early to share any details but we understand that it is important to you and hopefully we can give some more detailed info when it gets closer to being released which should be this year.

I truly love this idea! :yay: Thank you..Thank you!

Thank you, this is great news!

Several posts in the thread below were about mission point sharing in team settings, I'm more than happy to see it was picked up but maybe not everybody in this thread has seen it:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/search.php?searchid=20924711
(or search "team" in https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?293808-Mindark-make-us-happy-NOW!)

That is excellent news!

Thank you for the swift response and details. You're awesome. :cool:

im flabberghasted to read this!
i cant wait to see it implemented!

A great idea!

It would be a great incentive to go team hunting bigger mobs than a player can solo and thus skill up.

+ REP

Totally agree, we need more team activity.
Teaming for irons would help a lot.

On top of that I would like some more instances that can only be done as a team.
So far we only have Gauntlet and Beacons at Caly.
There is a lot room for improvement.

The wavespawns are a good thing to bring players together aswell.

Back