PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Billy Jean Ruby
    Society
    Factory of Fun
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Post_History View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not much in this in an obvious multi part update to be upset at... Besides my bosses told me that it will all be okay...

And for those out there that don't know what Arabic characters are go back to school and learn the history of the written language that most of us are using in here today on this forum.... O m G

Peace out
    Α - Β - Γ - Δ - Ε -ΣΤ etc - Greek numeric system (using greek alphabet characters)
    I - II - III -IV - V etc -Roman (Latin numeric system)
    1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 etc - Arabic (current international numeric system)

am I won?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Cyrene info:
    Hey guys,

I wanted to tell everyone know that Planet Cyrene will have no new content for the June 2019 VU.

While I know this will be upsetting to many of our loyal players, it's outside the scope of our control and we've been talking to MA about different ways to move forward and bring our new content to Planet Cyrene. I can't divulge anything more at this time but once we have a clear path I'll update everyone as I can.

In the interim we'll be continuing to add polish to the items we have already planned: the new player experience improvements/revamp, new content based off of the Planet Cyrene Dynamic Upgrade Map, loot and blueprint adjustment/discovery rates, graduation armor/ceremony as well as events going forward that you can expect to see each year.

For what came this VU, it's actually focused on fixing an exploit in the Hub that needed to be solved as quickly as possible to lay the groundwork for upcoming PvP events and rewards.

Please leave any comments/questions/concerns here for me to try and answer.

Cheers,
    Kris

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    PostHistory PostHistory Hax
    Society
    Space Police
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jean Ruby View Post
    Α - Β - Γ - Δ - Ε -ΣΤ etc - Greek numeric system (using greek alphabet characters)

am I won?
    First prize you don't get shot next time I see you.
    Player Register: PostHistory PostHistory Hax
    PostHistorys Calypso Trade Booth
    F.O.M.A Shop #3 -=PostHistorys Space Bizaar=-
    Professional In Rebalancing All Trade Economies

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Liking the nesting grounds in space. Not too sure about these lootable/nonlootables areas tho.

Now all we need is the big momma thats doin the nesting
    ✘✘✘ ViPô₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/RXEDNUh

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Tony KingofAces Hans
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Wait, wut? Mining redesign? .... Oooooo
    That could mean either just specific to next NI (significant changes to resource distributions) or it could be saying all of EU is getting a mining redesign.

If it's the latter, I kind of hope I don't have to remap all of the planets again. I already have high resolution maps better than LBML for Caly, Ark, AU, Monria, NI, and Rocktropia, and that kind of took a long time to get data for. If it's just remapping NI, that's only four servers at least.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalixt View Post
    Really good thoughts but I don't think pirates are going to care about warps anymore. You can log off as passenger and be able to craft warp mine you need Generic transformer which is a really rare thing and after all, you can catch Forgo without loot.
    Eh warps are old news. This is better, I can hunt and not be lootable.....I can fly to the planet and not be lootable, that is all I need. I can haul several hundred kgs and "slow boat" it faster than any other ship without ever having any risk.

Big massive thanks for these changes and the new hunting grounds very very much needed even if it kills my warp business a little. I am certain we will see positive changes from this over time.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jean Ruby View Post

am I won?
    Yes. You won that game because you remembered to include the letter Stigma. (where digamma/F ended up later...)
    Now add the Minoan numeric system, a permutation of Egypitian decimal, with 5 sets of characters depending on distance from the dot. Oh and the Egyptian decimal system goes out to at least 7, though not entirely logically.
    Then for even brainier fun, look at the Basque Millers' Signs, a remnant of one of the systems from which Roman (I V X L C M etc) derived. The Millers' Signs are vigesimal (base 20), with distinct marks for 1, 5, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80. Mayan numerals are also vigesimal, though their repertoire seems to be 1, 5, 0.

Or for a deeper look at where our own letters came from, have a look at Ugarit ca. 1300 BCE, attested in two versions:
    A B G X D E W Z H T' Y K S L M Dh N Z' S1 O P S' Q R Th Gh T I U Sh
    E L H M Q W S R T S1 K N X B Sh F2 A O Z' G D Gh T' Z Dh Y Th S' Dh'
    ... and they used either set for numerals. Greek letters are a sloppy version of that first set, Arabic letters are a much less sloppy version of the second.

/totalTangent offered for your entertainment
    .... just one man's opinion

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalixt View Post
    Really good thoughts but I don't think pirates are going to care about warps anymore. You can log off as passenger and be able to craft warp mine you need Generic transformer which is a really rare thing and after all, you can catch Forgo without loot.
    dumbasses are gonna have to work for money or go back to politics. god helps those who help themselves, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofaces View Post
    That could mean either just specific to next NI (significant changes to resource distributions) or it could be saying all of EU is getting a mining redesign.

If it's the latter, I kind of hope I don't have to remap all of the planets again. I already have high resolution maps better than LBML for Caly, Ark, AU, Monria, NI, and Rocktropia, and that kind of took a long time to get data for. If it's just remapping NI, that's only four servers at least.
    pics or it dint happened.
    Last edited by Aloisius; 06-14-2019 at 00:17.
    Smuggler-Forces-Member-List

Smugglers can join #true_smuugglers chat channel ingame and msg me or inguts sokolade spurz for invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloisius View Post
    what? space changes sound good. but, can't be that great since there's no pirates bawling their eyes out here.
    Well, Micjack spent 3 hours complaining even though he said he plays Star Citizen now...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Tony KingofAces Hans
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloisius View Post

pics or it dint happened.
    I don't know how much I'd charge for them given the months it's taken. Maybe someday I'll share a snippet of one for a good beginner area in terms of MU.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast