You should get SPACE skills when shooting anything in SPACE

Xen

Mutated
Society
AO
Xendar Xen Xal
When shooting ANY weapon in space you should get space skills, i.e. Gunner skills, NOT planetary Mounted XXX skils, including weapons on a Quad or Sleipner. You get space skills when getting hit, e.g. Spacecraft Captain and Spacecraft Systems (not planetary evade skills) so it only makes sense to get space skills when shooting in space.

I always said that myself. As also you should gain captain/pilot skills if you are in pilot seat and you are traveling. Not only if you get damage! That's lame at least.

Captain profession functions as the dodge/evade of space, so it makes sense to skill it like those skills when being shot/attacked at (this was heavily exploited by those who were skilling captain in hogglo diablo ae damage for those who remember - some space players left the game over this when they saw their efforts skilling space skills the hard way(in space) practically nullified)).
Mounted blp/laser are the skills for normal vehicle and stationary weaponry and it makes sense that if they are valid for a quad weapon to be fired in planetside pvp then it should remain the same skill/profession when in space.
Privateer/mothership turrets on the other hand dont exist planetside and it makes sense for them to have their own skill/profession requirement as being the only 'pure' space weaponry.

All of them are easily skillable, now even more then they used to.

Atm gunner skills dont make a dime of a difference anyhow , mindark needs to fix turrets first to actually require skills again lol - everyone shoots the same damage/hitrate on turrets for the last 5 years.

Captain profession functions as the dodge/evade of space, so it makes sense to skill it like those skills when being shot/attacked at (this was heavily exploited by those who were skilling captain in hogglo diablo ae damage for those who remember - some space players left the game over this when they saw their efforts skilling space skills the hard way(in space) practically nullified)).
Mounted blp/laser are the skills for normal vehicle and stationary weaponry and it makes sense that if they are valid for a quad weapon to be fired in planetside pvp then it should remain the same skill/profession when in space.
Privateer/mothership turrets on the other hand dont exist planetside and it makes sense for them to have their own skill/profession requirement as being the only 'pure' space weaponry.

All of them are easily skillable, now even more then they used to.

Atm gunner skills dont make a dime of a difference anyhow , mindark needs to fix turrets first to actually require skills again lol - everyone shoots the same damage/hitrate on turrets for the last 5 years.

Disagree. It does not make sense that evade switches to Captain but Mounted does not switch to Gunner.

Either change it or give the 99.x% of people who don't want to buy a 50,000+ ped ship to just hunt in space some inexpensive solo space only ships to hunt with. And who don't want to be limited by said expensive ships' schedule.

Disagree. It does not make sense that evade switches to Captain but Mounted does not switch to Gunner.

Either change it or give the 99.x% of people who don't want to buy a 50,000+ ped ship to just hunt in space some inexpensive solo space only ships to hunt with. And who don't want to be limited by said expensive ships' schedule.

When you switch from Atrox to Drone, you do get Dodge instead of Evade but not, say, Electronics instead of Anatomy. Attack skills depend solely on the gun used, everywhere.

Now, I wouldn't object to new space-only guns.

When you switch from Atrox to Drone, you do get Dodge instead of Evade but not, say, Electronics instead of Anatomy. Attack skills depend solely on the gun used, everywhere.

Now, I wouldn't object to new space-only guns.

Not asking for electronics. You are shooting a gun, in space, just like on a privateer, you should get gunner skills. I don't care how they fix it.

Not asking for electronics. You are shooting a gun, in space, just like on a privateer, you should get gunner skills. I don't care how they fix it.

I just think you have better chances asking for new weapons with Gunner profession than asking them to change core mechanic of the game (every item having a fixed profession, and giving skills of that profession when used).

I just think you have better chances asking for new weapons with Gunner profession than asking them to change core mechanic of the game (every item having a fixed profession, and giving skills of that profession when used).

New weapons would be fine with me. Even new space only personal ships (L) that use new "space weapons".

How about a new space only ship?
Interceptor anyone, maybe with preinstalled weapons that require gunner skills ?

Besie that, it should be fairly easy to introduce some weapons for Quad/Sleipnir that require gunner skills and cant be shot planetside.

Valid point here is, that flying in space should give pilot skills even out of combat. F.e. entering atmosphere to land at planet or landing process at spacestations should have a chance for a pilot skillgain.

New weapons would be fine with me. Even new space only personal ships (L) that use new "space weapons".

ya i'd like new weapons, for sure. especially different level weapons. maybe with different strengths and abilities. also, would like more variety of affordable spacefaring ships with varying skill requirements like quad-light or quad-heavy. with or without modules and armor. wait, maybe naked hunting in space-w00t after all we can breathe indefinitley underwater...

Back