Suggestion: Space Hunting Suggestion

Status

Thorns Rose

Elite
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
New York Rose
Ok..Ok..We are moving in the right direction with Space friendly players and mobs..

Now, Can we figure out a way to repair ship or buy special something so we can repair quad WHILE in them, instead of after a bit having to land just to repair? It would be great to have quad team/shared hunts but such trouble having to land just to repair. I picture loads of quads just blasting and shooting a future boss mob now without hindrance or worry and just peaceful game play. ;)
Let this momentum keep rolling and happiness :yay:

Can this be done at next board meeting of minds there..can we throw this around and see what can be developed or redeveloped? :wtg:

Please and Thank You.

Last edited:
If MA was to do anything like this, I think it would make the most sense for only Sleipnirs and VTOLs to have the option for an attachment like this. They should only be able to repair Other ships, but not themselves.
This could open up a whole new Profession of Repairmen, that could be hired similar to fappers.

Also, I think when MA adds Space Mining of the asteroids, it should be the Sleipnir and VTOLs that have the mining tool attachment as well or introduce a whole new class of spacecraft for repairing and mining in space.

These would be the worker bees of space.

Geo

How about an EVA Suit that works similar to armor? Perhaps with jet-pak attachments?

..see above from Geo

That's an interesting twist, like small fish that clean other bigger fish.
I guess it depends on what plans MA already have for any changed functionalities of space-faring vessels and any new ones, and I'm sure many players want the added freedom of repping their quads themselves from the pilot seat (or at a pinch from passenger seat)... certainly an interesting thought though! :)

I feel like if you're allowed an attachment on the ship to do this, it would devalue privateer. However, if they could implement some type of docks near the hunting grounds, sort of like a mini SS where you can repair, that would be nice. You could even have a bunch of the noobies sit up there who wanna skill repairs for quad hunters.

• Astronauts with a pipe attached to their space suit and the spaceship. The player can go within a limited radius from their spaceship and will also move when the spaceship is moved. Players can use their weapon / mining gear to mine asteroids / shoot space mobs. Warp travel will require all dispatched players to get in first before getting into warp
  • With the 1st point, smaller space mobs so lower lvl players can also participate
  • Space-wide boss event contribution. E.g. Giant Space Ctulhu that spawns after a record number of killed space mobs has been reached. The boss will be as big as a planet (example only)
  • With 1st point, new space gear BPs for crafters to craft.
  • Giant Dropship that spawn every several hours at a random location in space, spawning robots that fly around the dropship and destroying any passerbys
  • Space Station invasion event like the forts in Calypso
  • Planetside, but also involve space: Meteors. A meteor will travel from deep space towards a random planet at slow speed. When the meteor crashes on a planet, the crash site will be spawning ground for new space mobs that can be hunted on planetside for several days. This also encourages space travel to less-populated planet

Last edited:
However, if they could implement some type of docks near the hunting grounds, sort of like a mini SS where you can repair, that would be nice. You could even have a bunch of the noobies sit up there who wanna skill repairs for quad hunters.

There already are floating docks in the game, they're called motherships.

Just that neither mothership owners nor repairing OJs wouldn't be arsed to go to some back of beyond for just one or two quad hunters, the critical mass is likely a dozen or so. Now, if MA threw in a HSL event on some space mobs...

Just that neither mothership owners nor repairing OJs wouldn't be arsed to go to some back of beyond for just one or two quad hunters, the critical mass is likely a dozen or so. Now, if MA threw in a HSL event on some space mobs...

Victory Mothership has been stationed at a Cosmic Nesting Grounds hunting with Quads all week. ;)

I don't know about this.. Have they been asked? They may come up with a rate to handle a Quad hunting trip with a few repairers on the flight deck. :smoke:

I went up to try a little space hunting last night and killed maybe 15 mobs before my choice was to fly all the way back to the SS or do the relog thing, then fly back. That's not going to work. Need more SI and/or a way to repair our own ships while in space. You should not have to buy a 50k+ ship or rely on an owner of one to hunt in space. Imagine having to take 10 minutes to do repairs every 15 mobs planetside... Also, imagine I can't hunt unless I'm nearby someone else who owns an uber gun...

Last edited:
What about repair drones that could be spawned out of vehicle inventory to repair you ship?

yur wanting all the advantages of bigger ships on smaller ones.. whats left for the big ones?

I think all oppalo should have 2% life steal and 10% reload as well and mining attachment =p

yur wanting all the advantages of bigger ships on smaller ones.. whats left for the big ones?

I think all oppalo should have 2% life steal and 10% reload as well and mining attachment =p

I don't think getting players out to actually fly quads and vehicles is necessarily a bad thing.
Travel and hunting always had the bad feeling before if you flew, we can always take bigger ships to planets when transporting goods or not wanting to go through PVP lootable.

Bigger ones are great for skilling as well.

Last edited:

That is still a pain in the butt...landing/repairing..rinse repeat.

Last edited:

Uh, no. Warp, ZERO defense decay (only repair, which for many is desired), 6 or 8 guns for bigger mobs (to come I'm sure), logout while warping for 100% safe transport of lootables…

Wanting to not have to spend 10-20 minutes to repair every 15 or 20 mob kills is not infringing on big ship value.

not even sure what that means but.. yeh.. small ships jus got safe cruising down to planet avoiding tp fees... repairs on the fly I disagree with.. save for ships with crew..i see you trying to sneak yur way into being able to hunt the big space hussk!! =p

not even sure what that means but.. yeh.. small ships jus got safe cruising down to planet avoiding tp fees... repairs on the fly I disagree with.. save for ships with crew..i see you trying to sneak yur way into being able to hunt the big space hussk!! =p

That would be cool to have a mob boss that many players can fly to shoot and engage in the game with be it shared loot or a society team without stopping every 7 mob to fly/land/repair//fly back.

You're a bit over the top with hussk though. :laugh:

I think the 99% of people who don't own big space ships would like to be able to hunt space mobs without spending half their time repairing (relogging and flying back) or being dependent on someone with a big ship. You know, like hunting on planet. I can see how you wouldn't want this though...

I think that most if not all the people with big ships need something that require them and serious huge mobs like 10x SK nasty!! that's what we need in space.

so yeh yur welcome to give it a try but prolly gonna need rk-50 solo to manage it

thinking about it now.. maybe they can readjust so the small nesting grounds more doable for quad. but the mob spawn rate is finally a respectable lvl so don't mess with it =p

The ability to repair from the passenger seat would be very cool, Wilmek's Expanse, for example, is 2AU above the Space Station - a long trip back to hunt (after dying on the battle field). That way, a solo pilot could take a break and repair to keep hunting, or a two-person team like having a healer for mid-battle healing. My biggest issue with the big Horrors is just not being able to hunt many before repairs - I don't mind taking the damage. Some space skills are only gained while under attack. Half of my hunts I go until Quad destruction, then revive and repair. The other half I'm flying to the SS or Destination planet in a smoking hulk :)

Smaller Cosmic Horrors can be picked off with no damage - most of the time - damage comes from a few miscalculations/mistakes/messy situations. The longer range and higher aggression of the bigger Horrors means taking damage frequently, and without mobile repair, I spend more time on repair and return than on hunting.

Glad to see these first Space updates - looking forward to the rest.

OFF TOPIC: My biggest issue with space hunting is still targeting - the hit box on Cosmic Horrors and others is so sensitive that is still very difficult not to waste shots as the target indicator flickers between red and white. (This was difficult with the old UI as well. I've worn out a couple of Quads hunting - I'm not inexperienced)

Peace, Miles

Last edited:
well maybe passenger repairs not so bad.. lets maybe figure out space n what we got to work with now tho 1st.

If MA was to do anything like this, I think it would make the most sense for only Sleipnirs and VTOLs to have the option for an attachment like this. They should only be able to repair Other ships, but not themselves.
This could open up a whole new Profession of Repairmen, that could be hired similar to fappers.

Also, I think when MA adds Space Mining of the asteroids, it should be the Sleipnir and VTOLs that have the mining tool attachment as well or introduce a whole new class of spacecraft for repairing and mining in space.

These would be the worker bees of space.

Geo

I very much like this idea, but with maybe an added twist. A new fleet of engineer class ships. Who would be able to repair other ships as they hunt. Encourages team hunting in space, allows smaller ships to continue as if they were indeed a big ship, whilst still differentiating between the ship classes.

I do love the renewed interest in space we are currently experiencing, long may it last.

Reactions: Geo
I do love the renewed interest in space we are currently experiencing, long may it last.

I agree, now how about those turrets on the space stations.....? :silly2:

I very much like this idea, but with maybe an added twist. A new fleet of engineer class ships. Who would be able to repair other ships as they hunt. Encourages team hunting in space, allows smaller ships to continue as if they were indeed a big ship, whilst still differentiating between the ship classes.

its a great idea provided these repairable quads n ship aren't able to enter/exit MS making them ridiculously overpowered offensively.. nothing that 12 more gun on priv wont fix I guess =p.. were getting into the realm of fantasy here I think.

that came out wrong..but basically my thoughts are.. weve been fighting so long for more uses for our ships.. maybe lets focus on that before we start creating less uses for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The interest should be to give players more opportunities and reasons to get involved in space.
Quad hunting is difficult as it is now, without a Mothership or Space Station near by.
Even then, you should be able to grind while hunting without having to stop, dock and repair.
Creating a new profession and skill set for another vessel or attachment to repair your ship while you try to hunt space mobs would not affect the uses for a Privateer or Mothership.
This would also be necessary if they ever add space mob iron challenges or missions.
The larger mobs we seek would likely one shot a quad anyways. :cool:

The interest should be to give players more opportunities and reasons to get involved in space.
Quad hunting is difficult as it is now, without a Mothership or Space Station near by.
Even then, you should be able to grind while hunting without having to stop, dock and repair.
Creating a new profession and skill set for another vessel or attachment to repair your ship while you try to hunt space mobs would not affect the uses for a Privateer or Mothership.
This would also be necessary if they ever add space mob iron challenges or missions.

I am for it somewhat.. I agree space hunting in quad the way it is sux brutally.. the idea of minimal or slow repairs I think is interesting.. having powerful rk20 kind of repairs on quad I think we can agree is probably a little much and would make them just as strong as a minimally crewed ms or priv. so yeh maybe special new quad tool or rk5 limit be ok imo.

What id like as a ship owner is more fun challenging things todo with my ship. warping, repair skillin and hunting mobs trains of thousands of puny like mobs is all fun n stuff but id like a reason to go 200k si and build a hardcore crew.. something that will make me and other want todo that not just for sake of saying hey yeh we got a crew :)

thinking about it more it could be like a ship attachment for passenger.. they can either have the passenger gun or repair thingy. or could just be an attachment that basically auto repairs slowly n decays slowly while doing it. it would do this only when in need of repair obviously but also might work.

Last edited by a moderator:
EVE Online is probably the authority when it comes to "ships in space" gaming. There are so many different classes of ships in EVE it's dizzying to look at when trying to figure out what ship to get. All of their ships have an array of module bays and customization options, it's actually very well designed but a nightmare to balance. Many ships have had to be nerfed from time to time just to keep everything fair, it's always being reviewed and adjusted.

But to keep things simple and straight forward in Entropia space, just do something like this:

- Add a slot to all space faring ships for a new kind of attachment - Ship Repair Modules
- Create say 6 levels of Ship Repair Modules:
  • Level 1 Ship Repair Modules go on Sleipnirs and is roughly equivalent to an RK-5
  • Level 2 Ship Repair Modules go on Quad-Wings and is roughly equivalent to RK-12.5 (halfway between RK-5 and RK-20)
  • Level 3 Ship Repair Modules go on Equus and is roughly equivalent to RK-12.5, but can repair other ships too
  • Level 4 Ship Repair Modules go on Privateers, is equivalent to RK-20 and can also repair other ships
- Motherships have 2 Ship Repair Module slots which can use either one of Level 5 or 6
  • Level 5 Ship Repair Modules go on Motherships, is equivalent to RK-30 and can only repair other ships
  • Level 6 Ship Repair Modules also go on MS, is equivalent to an RK-60 and can only repair other ships

So when you go out on a Society or Team hunt in friendly space, you just need someone with a Privateer or Equus, and you're all set. Or alternately, you could just make sure that everyone has a self-repairing module equipped to their ships.

When you go out for a Soc or Team hunt in lootable PVP space, it gets interesting. The Mothership with it's Gunner seats and it's ability to have a large crew to repair it, and 2 Ship Repair Modules to fix other ships becomes a highly valuable asset. Also Motherships have a ton of Cargo space which will most likely be quite handy once space mining starts.

It's important to note that Motherships can only be repaired by the crew on-board and cannot be repaired by another ships Repair Modules (Privateers, Equus or another Mothership).

Privateers should be able to go out and operate solo, be able to repair themselves as needed and be able to hunt or mine as they please. Motherships would be able to do this as well but also should be able to support a fleet of players who are mining and hunting in the vicinity.

A new Repair ship should be introduced which doesn't have any weapon slot but has an Area-of-Effect Repair Module which can be used to repair other ships in it's vicinity. An Equus or Privateer would still have a huge advantage over this new ship because they are also able to repair themselves with their modules and have weapons equipped, whereas this new Repair ship cannot, meaning that in a team hunt, you'd need at least 2 of them so that they can repair each other as they take damage in the hunting grounds.

All this is a ton of programming so better have a long-term view of the direction space will develop but I think the above should prove to be quite workable in the long run.

Last edited:

I have been thinking a lot about this and as we do have already Portable TT's and Repair Units, maybe we can make one for small personal spacecraft portable one ( unlike the repair tool, this could be new) to help open up some new interest in Space hunting before all their hard work on it falls to the ground.

I truly don't think Mindark went to all that trouble with update etc. not to start something fresh for the whole community to enjoy.

I watched people venture out to explore today (and was and may for some players) be their first time off or visiting a planet. I think this will inspire the economy and interest in Space for the whole community if nurtured correctly. :yup:

Last edited:
i am dreaming of customizable ships having varying amounts of "capacity points" which you can fill to your needs with attachements like:

• guns
  • reactor
  • propulsion system
  • shield
  • armor
  • repair unit
  • etc.

every attachement consumes a number of points according to their power, size and efficiency.

if you want to be fast, then you can leave away guns, repair unit and armor to fit in a bigger propulsion and reactor to power it.

well, it is the same system like in hundreds of games around. MA doesnt need to re-invent the wheel here...

Status
Back