PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shovels

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker

Shovels

Suggestion for mining activity. I was looking at my LBML's claim map and my usual shitty returns on mining, then it suddenly dawned on me. What if all those globals/HoFs/big claims are inside those gaps that cannot be covered by the finder??

Like this:

That said,. I'd like to suggest a new method of mining that can complement the existing one, that is called a shovel.

Yes. Years of technological development on planets, with teleporters, hovercrafts, laser weapons, space-faring vessels, but a shovel is too advanced?

What will a shovel be?

• It's basically a kind of extractor that does not need a finder
    • The shovel's radius is very small (1/10 - 1/5 the radius of finder at the same level)
    • Equip and use it anywhere. After usage, the game will spawn a dig claim deed
    • The dig claim can be dig 5 times until it is gone. Each dig will explore the claim deeper (Depth depends on the shovel). E.g. 15m -> 30m -> 45m -> 60m -> 75m
    • Ore/enmats/treasure depth and their refill rate work the same way like usual mining.
    • Costs item decay when used for digging (1/10 - 1/5 cost of dropping probe)
    • If you get a global/Hof/Ath on the dig claim spot, the dig claim deed becomes an ore/enmat/treasure deed, in which the miner can proceed to use normal extractor to extract it.
    • Shovels can only be crafted, with ingredients obtained from hunting/mining loots
    • Shovels can be tiered and equipped with depth enhancers

What's in it for miners?

• You can cover those small, potentially profitable areas between the finder's gaps
    • It looks good on your LBML map
    • Immersion and shit like that

What's in it for MA?

• Got shovel's decay as return
    • More mining activities from players
    • Can boast a realistic mining experience

Advices/suggestions are welcomed

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Lol, we've been jokingly discussing that just the other day on discord, definitely I new level to mining

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ihazbackup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if all those globals/HoFs/big claims are inside those gaps that cannot be covered by the finder??
    Well you made me smile

Well if a new player come around and read this post, all you hofs are generated based on your previous returns. So you say "i should use big amp to get the 300 or the 1000 multi". No it doesn't work like that. Even if you use a big amp it might only give a 10 50 or 100 multi. But from time to time are those marketing multis like the 400k narc. Now you chose what you want to chase.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Cassandra Red Savage
    Society
    The House - Of The Dark Legion
    Images
    Just overlap a bit to eliminate the pesky gaps

I'm Human, we've not conquered any planets yet, so we just kick the crap out of each other - Farscape.
    All you need for happiness is chocolate and cats
    Avatar born 12th April 2011. Calypso

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    Lol, we've been jokingly discussing that just the other day on discord, definitely I new level to mining

Damn, so mine isn't that original

EDIT: I call dibs on "Golddigger" brand. E.g. Golddigger T-1, Golddigger T-2, etc.

Well you made me smile

Well if a new player come around and read this post, all you hofs are generated based on your previous returns. So you say "i should use big amp to get the 300 or the 1000 multi". No it doesn't work like that. Even if you use a big amp it might only give a 10 50 or 100 multi. But from time to time are those marketing multis like the 400k narc. Now you chose what you want to chase.
    The question was just a tease. There are different theories and practices regarding mining: mining loot waves, waiting for 15-30mins until the spot is refilled, double bombing to cover the radius, veins, etc. etc. Sometimes, it also makes sense that the resource can be found within those gaps (which may possibly a big one)

Just overlap a bit to eliminate the pesky gaps
    But then it won't look good in LBML map. Also, it costs a lot less to dig that gap anyway (+ added new interaction/gameplay/mining strategy/whatever it is)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Well EU is SciFi !!!

Even in todays real world mining noone use a shovel in mining, why should we have that in SciFi game??

If you want mining with a shovel, go to one of that stupid fantasy MMOs or play Minecraft, there you have shovel and pickaxe LOL

In High Tech Mining really noone needs a shovel.

the first 5years >>> BooBGirL Juicy WeT ...>>>>...and...now...>>>>... Juicy Fruit Monster
    Society
    Fresh & Funky
    Images
    we got Shovels on rocktropia already ! ... just they dont work the way u wish

Independent Tamer since 2005
    feel free to msg me for Petīs , service and anything els around Petīs
    (O.O) (oo)

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    I want a automatic shovel, how dig my claims, while i go to find more glaims.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I want a automatic shovel, how dig my claims, while i go to find more glaims.
    Give pet dogs a purpose since the like digging... new pet buffs and uses would be swell

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jhan Delarea Freitas
    Society
    Freelancer
    people want shovels and i want this
    Useless miner who want new high end minning tools - rank 70-80-90+

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast