Suggestion: Shovels

ihazbackup

Provider
Konrad Nightstalker
Suggestion for mining activity. I was looking at my LBML's claim map and my usual shitty returns on mining, then it suddenly dawned on me. What if all those globals/HoFs/big claims are inside those gaps that cannot be covered by the finder??

Like this:
lbml-repr.png

That said,. I'd like to suggest a new method of mining that can complement the existing one, that is called a shovel.

Yes. Years of technological development on planets, with teleporters, hovercrafts, laser weapons, space-faring vessels, but a shovel is too advanced?

What will a shovel be?

• It's basically a kind of extractor that does not need a finder
  • The shovel's radius is very small (1/10 - 1/5 the radius of finder at the same level)
  • Equip and use it anywhere. After usage, the game will spawn a dig claim deed
  • The dig claim can be dig 5 times until it is gone. Each dig will explore the claim deeper (Depth depends on the shovel). E.g. 15m -> 30m -> 45m -> 60m -> 75m
  • Ore/enmats/treasure depth and their refill rate work the same way like usual mining.
  • Costs item decay when used for digging (1/10 - 1/5 cost of dropping probe)
  • If you get a global/Hof/Ath on the dig claim spot, the dig claim deed becomes an ore/enmat/treasure deed, in which the miner can proceed to use normal extractor to extract it.
  • Shovels can only be crafted, with ingredients obtained from hunting/mining loots
  • Shovels can be tiered and equipped with depth enhancers

What's in it for miners?

• You can cover those small, potentially profitable areas between the finder's gaps
  • It looks good on your LBML map
  • Immersion and shit like that

What's in it for MA?

• Got shovel's decay as return
  • More mining activities from players
  • Can boast a realistic mining experience

Advices/suggestions are welcomed:cool:

Lol, we've been jokingly discussing that just the other day on discord, definitely I new level to mining :D

shovel.jpg

What if all those globals/HoFs/big claims are inside those gaps that cannot be covered by the finder??

Well you made me smile :D

Well if a new player come around and read this post, all you hofs are generated based on your previous returns. So you say "i should use big amp to get the 300 or the 1000 multi". No it doesn't work like that. Even if you use a big amp it might only give a 10 50 or 100 multi. But from time to time are those marketing multis like the 400k narc. Now you chose what you want to chase.

Just overlap a bit to eliminate the pesky gaps :)

Lol, we've been jokingly discussing that just the other day on discord, definitely I new level to mining :D

shovel.jpg

Damn, so mine isn't that original

EDIT: I call dibs on "Golddigger" brand. E.g. Golddigger T-1, Golddigger T-2, etc.

Well you made me smile

Well if a new player come around and read this post, all you hofs are generated based on your previous returns. So you say "i should use big amp to get the 300 or the 1000 multi". No it doesn't work like that. Even if you use a big amp it might only give a 10 50 or 100 multi. But from time to time are those marketing multis like the 400k narc. Now you chose what you want to chase.

The question was just a tease. There are different theories and practices regarding mining: mining loot waves, waiting for 15-30mins until the spot is refilled, double bombing to cover the radius, veins, etc. etc. Sometimes, it also makes sense that the resource can be found within those gaps (which may possibly a big one)

Just overlap a bit to eliminate the pesky gaps

But then it won't look good in LBML map. Also, it costs a lot less to dig that gap anyway (+ added new interaction/gameplay/mining strategy/whatever it is)

Well EU is SciFi !!!

Even in todays real world mining noone use a shovel in mining, why should we have that in SciFi game??

If you want mining with a shovel, go to one of that stupid fantasy MMOs or play Minecraft, there you have shovel and pickaxe LOL

In High Tech Mining really noone needs a shovel.

we got Shovels on rocktropia already ! ... just they dont work the way u wish :smoke:

I want a automatic shovel, how dig my claims, while i go to find more glaims.

I want a automatic shovel, how dig my claims, while i go to find more glaims.

Give pet dogs a purpose since the like digging... new pet buffs and uses would be swell

people want shovels and i want this
ion_cannon.jpg

Give pet dogs a purpose since the like digging... new pet buffs and uses would be swell

A extracting tool for pets would be the solution, and then the pet automaticaly extract your claims. Told this in a lot other post. But better a shovel as noting ... lol

pet argonaut, buff: able to equip and use a shovel

... compromise: stains your armor yellow

Back