Suggestion: Move FOMA & CP

Geo

Stalker
Society
Victory
George Geo Clone
With the introduction of non-lootable space around the planets,
it makes little sense now to have CP and FOMA so close to the planet and space station.
They have always seemed.. out of place there imo.

I would like to suggest the relocation of CP and FOMA back to their respective images on the space map.

Their images from old are now perfectly positioned next to the new 'Nesting Grounds'
All the new training grounds have Asteroid Fields.
I think it would be a really cool experience to have to fly through the field of rocks to find the stations sitting amongst or just outside the other asteroids.

fomacprelocates.jpg

It would be a mildly interesting experience the first time and then just annoying and unnecessary

I respect the people that have investments in space and would like to see changes.

But please no , I think being close gives them more traffic.

It would be a mildly interesting experience the first time and then just annoying and unnecessary

I take it you aren't one of the ones that enjoys the space experience. :silly2:
It would add to the sense of adventure and dynamics of the universe.

edit: It is only maybe a 3-5 minute flight. Players have spent more time trying to evade pirates camping the space station and having to repair their ships before.
There won't be less traffic than before. There will be more players now venturing out into space.

Last edited:
Yes, and while at it move Monria closer to calypso, isn't Monria the Calypso moon? Surely it can't be so far away? Just look at Arkadia and arkadia moon, that's the distance it should have or same distance as CP/F.O.M.A. imo..

Move it within the non lootable pvp zone, then it will be easier to hunt there and fly safely back to calypso - motivating hunters to hunt there.

Yes, and while at it move Monria closer to calypso, isn't Monria the Calypso moon? Surely it can't be so far away? Just look at Arkadia and arkadia moon, that's the distance it should have or same distance as CP/F.O.M.A. imo..

Move it within the non lootable pvp zone, then it will be easier to hunt there and fly safely back to calypso - motivating hunters to hunt there.

I agree, it would be nice and more realistic to have Monria closer, at least close enough to the server boarder.
But I don't think it's likely, as they are their own entity run by another dev team and separate from Calypso or MA, who have they own interests in mind.

Ark moon however is run by Ark devs and is more similar to FOMA and CP as extensions of the planet partner.
The distance to Ark moon is relative to how far FOMA and CP should be from the planet's space station.
Being right next to the space station, as they are now, is not realistic.

isn't Monria the Calypso moon?

It isn't. According to the lore it's planetless and is not even in our galaxy, it's located on the other end of the wormhole in the space station (that's why you can't land on it).

A mysterious wormhole was recently discovered in local space. Exploration of the other side of the wormhole revealed a strange, planetless moon. A space station is under construction that will stabilize the wormhole and allow travel between local space and the region of space on the other side of the wormhole, where the moon was discovered.
source

Calypso's 2 moons have no physical representation in the universe, just like the other 2 of Arkadia's 3 moons.

It isn't. According to the lore it's planetless and is not even in our galaxy, it's located on the other end of the wormhole in the space station (that's why you can't land on it).

source

Calypso's 2 moons have no physical representation in the universe, just like the other 2 of Arkadia's 3 moons.

Oh okay, I stand corrected then. Then it doesn't make much sense story-line wise.

Except, if I'm not mistaken you can teleport from Monria back to Calypso planet right?

So what's the logic/story-line behind that?

No thanks, leave them where they have always been.

I might even consider going up there now that lootable pvp is not in the way.

source

Good point. Remove Monria from the map and put a wormhole on the other side of Toulan to get there.

Ditto. And I notice both of the proposed new positions are within camping range of the same old spot.

Reactions: San

Even if Monria was calypsos moon, in order to put it to correct scale you'd need to make that space map over 3 times bigger just to fit the orbit of the moon on it (assuming calypso is earth sized and it's moon is a similar distance to our own). The moons distance from earth is approx 30 earth diamters.

edit: It is only maybe a 3-5 minute flight. Players have spent more time trying to evade pirates camping the space station and having to repair their ships before.
There won't be less traffic than before. There will be more players now venturing out into space.

Did they ?

I never bothered about pirates when flying to CP or Foma.
If I did fly full spead to one of the stations and a pirate camper followed me to shot me down, I always was close enough to the station that I did revive at my destination, so why I should waste time to try to evade them?

Never cared about the pirates there, just dont have lootables on you, and they are absolutely no problem.

Please don't fix what's not broken, thank you.

I never bothered about pirates when flying to CP or Foma.
If I did fly full spead to one of the stations and a pirate camper followed me to shot me down, I always was close enough to the station that I did revive at my destination, so why I should waste time to try to evade them?

Never cared about the pirates there, just dont have lootables on you, and they are absolutely no problem.

I corroborate. Even a Sleipnir gets you over half-way. :laugh:

They have not always been there... Originally, they were on the images as represented on the space map.

It would still be in non-lootable pvp. These objections are from laziness and people who avoid space. :rolleyes:

I agree with San that space looks like a pizza. It should to be more realistic and dynamic.

Do we really need 3 Space Stations all right next to each other? It makes sense to move them and to add space stations at each new nesting grounds for quad hunters to repair. The space station design that is built into the asteroid like at howling mines would also look amazing at each other Nesting Ground’s asteroid field. :cool:

They have not always been there... Originally, they were on the images as represented on the space map.

It would still be in non-lootable pvp. These objections are from laziness and people who avoid space. :rolleyes:

I agree with San that space looks like a pizza. It should to be more realistic and dynamic.

Do we really need 3 Space Stations all right next to each other? It makes sense to move them and to add space stations at each new nesting grounds for quad hunters to repair. The space station design that is built into the asteroid like at howling mines would also look amazing at each other Nesting Ground’s asteroid field. :cool:

Maybe the colonists decided to pull them closer to calypso cause they didnt want to have to put on autorun and jerk off for 30min every time they wanted to visit

Maybe the colonists decided to pull them closer to calypso cause they didnt want to have to put on autorun and ....

Well that’s inappropriate and inaccurate lol :laugh:

It takes 4 minutes to get to the location :yup:

Well that’s inappropriate and inaccurate lol :laugh:

It takes 4 minutes to get to the location :yup:

Why introduce a 4 minutes delay? isn't the game boring enough even when you are actually hunting? Both areas are already taxed and time is money, stop asking for more taxes.

Or atleast be honest about the real reason you'are asking for this change... What do you want, really?

What's with space people always trying to force it on the rest of us?

Why introduce a 4 minutes delay? isn't the game boring enough even when you are actually hunting? Both areas are already taxed and time is money, stop asking for more taxes.

Or atleast be honest about the real reason you'are asking for this change... What do you want, really?

What's with space people always trying to force it on the rest of us?

To make space more interesting and less boring. A bonus would be to get Space Stations at each new Nesting Grounds so players have a place to repair when hunting and to wipe mobs for ships repair skilling.
The asteroid ss’s right next to Caly ss is boring.

Last edited:
To make space more interesting and less boring. A bonus would be to get Space Stations at each new Nesting Grounds so players have a place to repair when hunting and to wipe mobs for ships repair skilling.
The asteroid ss’s right next to Caly ss is boring.

I see, so it has nothing to do with the fact that you run space related services? Someone could make the point that moving FOMA and CP further from Calypso would improve your business potential... No me, I'm an idiot, but someone could make this point.

Even if I'm wrong, what if I just want to get there, hunt, and get back asap? If you enjoy space you can fly in circles, there's no need to move CP and FOMA. But if they move them I will have no choice, which means I will not move from Caly at all (most probably).

Do you understand now?

im good with the current location , bad idea

I see, so it has nothing to do with the fact that you run space related services? Someone could make the point that moving FOMA and CP further from Calypso would improve your business potential... No me, I'm an idiot, but someone could make this point.

Even if I'm wrong, what if I just want to get there, hunt, and get back asap? If you enjoy space you can fly in circles, there's no need to move CP and FOMA. But if they move them I will have no choice, which means I will not move from Caly at all (most probably).

Do you understand now?

I would not say you or anyone is an idiot.
But those who know me, know that my interests are in the progression of space and it’s content. To make it a more interesting, exciting and vibrant place to play for everyone.
For me it is passion and pleasure over profits. I refer business to other providers and even recruit to promote other ship owners in the Victory Society for free.
Besides, no one is going to pay for a warp to avoid a 5min flight in non-lootable space.
It’s clear you don’t go to space and would rather there wasn’t any distance between destinations in space or planetside.
Do you understand now? :D

Do you understand now? :D

No, I can't say I do.

If you enjoy space that's amazing I'm very happy for you, but why force it on players that don't? I should be able to choose.

The forced nature of space has always been its own demise, it's starting to change and I hope it keeps going in that direction and not backwards... again...

No, I can't say I do.

If you enjoy space that's amazing I'm very happy for you, but why force it on players that don't? I should be able to choose.

The forced nature of space has always been its own demise, it's starting to change and I hope it keeps going in that direction and not backwards... again...

Thank you. I hope so too. :)

Already dislike the lootable PvP to CP....moving it further out would surely not have me hire a ship to get there, I would simply stop going there. I do not really mind the repair costs when getting shot down, but it is really annoying to hav elootable PvP there in the first place. If someone wnats something like that, let them have it like the toxic zones, but being it forced upon is something I really dislike.
For me space has no point at all, nothing to explore or shoot without taking risks (aka "allways having to repair the vehicle) and the ships configuration possibilities are a joke as well. I would happily trade a better shield or thruster for not having even a gun on my ship.

Already dislike the lootable PvP to CP....moving it further out would surely not have me hire a ship to get there, I would simply stop going there. I do not really mind the repair costs when getting shot down, but it is really annoying to hav elootable PvP there in the first place. If someone wnats something like that, let them have it like the toxic zones, but being it forced upon is something I really dislike.
For me space has no point at all, nothing to explore or shoot without taking risks (aka "allways having to repair the vehicle) and the ships configuration possibilities are a joke as well. I would happily trade a better shield or thruster for not having even a gun on my ship.

There is no longer lootable pvp to go to or from CP, Foma and Caly.
Most of the server square next to Calypso, around caly ss, Foma and CP is non-lootable pvp since last update.
All the new training grounds around each planet is non-lootable pvp.

Last edited:
Back