PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images

Make Space Hunting Not Suck

Make space hunting not suck for the 99% of players in EU who don't own a mothership or privateer. I assume with all the new non lootable space mob hunting areas you wanted more space hunting. You need to make it easier to do so.

1. First, the repair problem. I'll just link to another thread already started on that major problem.

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...ing-Suggestion

2. We should be getting space skills (gunner) when shooting in space.

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...75#post3715675

3. Lock Target and Interact actions should work in space. Right now when hunting in space I feel like I went back in time 10+ years manually aiming and shooting. Some of us would like our hands to still work when we are older.

4. Having revive stations in the hunting zones would be nice.

5. We need a bunch of new personal (2 person?) non warp space only vehicles to hunt with. Could be both L and some unlimited, with both L and some unlimited space weapon attachments that give space skills when shooting. With the unlimited space vehicles you could make it so you could upgrade the SI a bit, but not like a mothership or privateer.
    Xen Shop ESI 209.50 + 76.59 | Genesis ArcSpark | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Athenic Ring Adjusted | Artemic Ring Perfected | Hermetic Ring Augmented | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Old Alpha
    Svena svena Faraday
    Society
    The NBK
    Images
    Also the rocket gun on the sliep does not work very well at all. The damage is way lower than it should be and range is bad.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    cB Crimson Blades
    Images
    All of these are good suggestions, but it should also be noted that space hunting actually sucks for people with motherships/privateers as well due to a significant lack of spawn density. Nothing sucks more than talking 4 of your friends into a space hunt only to spend the next two hours trawling in space for ten mobs...
    Hunt for Markup and skill Evader and Looter professions fast!
    Mutated Beladoth: 61.68 TT of Athletics (repeatable).
    Mutated Otorugi: 54.35 TT Alertness (repeatable).
    Both mobs available in good density at Songkra Valley. Damage: Cut/Stab/Impact.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    It sucks because space is too big for ppl who want a good mob density, so the hunting session will be like 50% flying and 50% shooting.

Not to mention the cost of hunting space mobs are significantly higher than on planetside for small time hunters (oil, mounted weapons, pvp risk).

AFAIK, The space between SS and training grounds is still lootable pvp, so going across them with quad/sleip along with loots is kinda bad idea

Elite
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    These are all very good points.

I do believe Space can be designed with many different kinds of Mobs, for the MS and bigger ships there should be a dense, high maturity mob that offers unique items and loot in lootable PVP, as it should be. I also think that a MS can expand to many different levels like..Hourly rental ( with pilot ) for groups and societies to go to those areas which would be unique and a high SI preferred most likely requested.

(Also, I don't know about most but I'd rather warp to a planet then take 45 min quad ride AND go through PVP lootable.)

The issue is that most have quads and it is unreasonable to hunt in space. You find that fair? You wonder why the animosity and reluctance to a Space update request falls on uninterested ears? A resentment and hesitation to even go anywhere as it requires taking a risk, even just being shot down without any loot is a total waste of time, so hiring a ship and spend money even before you get to destination.Ugh ..Such a quandary.

Now, Quads are limited so they do decay along with thrusters and such, so hunting and having to get blown up and /or land to just repair (repeatedly) is a headache just to hunt the same loot you can get with cheaper ammo burn and less headache if you don't leave planet on any Atrox. I say it isn't worth it as the system is unless a few things change that are quite obvious as you read.

In saying that, what is the option? We could all just drop the whole space thought or interest and just leave it at that and go back to the way it was getting from point A to point B only using space as a dead place to pass through. This why these threads are asking to even the field for everyone to play and be happy.

Just some thoughts and I agree with OP
    Last edited by Thorns Rose; 06-15-2019 at 08:02.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Space hunting is perfectly viable without any dramatic changes. I am pleased to see a renewed interest in space, but at the same time that doesn’t mean that it’s time to destroy the time and effort of those who have been hunting there for years, and the very people who have been pushing all these years to have an update!

As said in the other thread, gunner should not be given for mounted weapons, and captain works well as the space evade. It’s perfectly easy to skill it, there are many many large ships who do hunting runs.

Quads are interceptors, small fast moving ships, that can also do a bit of hunting. They are not designed for hours of grinding, nor should they be. There must remain a differentiation between quads and big ships. Being able to repair quads mid flight make no sense to the game play. As Morgoth alluded to you can actually grind with them however, if you learn how to hunt well with them.

Just like it would be crazy to make someone in pixie and an opalo grind and hunt the same mobs in the same way as someone with good armour and a good weapon, it would be crazy to equalise the ships in space.

It could well be the issue centres around the lack of any huge difference between the mobs in space, as we would see planet side. Maybe there needs to be more puny style mobs for those hunting with little SI /quads and huge mobs for those with high. As it is just now we have large ships collecting loads of little mobs to kill, and small ships getting destroyed too fast or wishing they could collect too. Maybe there are bigger mobs and we just haven’t found them yet!

The new hunting grounds are fab to encourage new and old people to come and enjoy space again, having a bit of fun in a quad as you would do hunting on planet with low level gear, but when you want to ramp it up onto grinding and heavy skilling, then it’s time to move up a ship group. The great thing is you don’t even need to buy one, unlike planetside Uber gear you can join a crew and skill up collaboratively.

What does need fixed in space is the zoom out on Ms guns, and the looting range.

Please do keep up the excitement and passion about space as many have done over the years, bit not to the detriment of others.
    Last edited by Alainax; 06-15-2019 at 09:18.
    /join #space_travel 4000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers
    Click banner below for warp flight info
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, yes, yes so y'all are the hottest skill'in team in the universe....
    EU Discord 1000+ member channel - https://discord.gg/wjBh75B

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alainax View Post
    Space hunting is perfectly viable without any dramatic changes. I am pleased to see a renewed interest in space, but at the same time that doesnít mean that itís time to destroy the time and effort of those who have been hunting there for years, and the very people who have been pushing all these years to have an update!

As said in the other thread, gunner should not be given for mounted weapons, and captain works well as the space evade. Itís perfectly easy to skill it, there are many many large ships who do hunting runs.

Quads are interceptors, small fast moving ships, that can also do a bit of hunting. They are not designed for hours of grinding, nor should they be. There must remain a differentiation between quads and big ships. Being able to repair quads mid flight make no sense to the game play. As Morgoth alluded to you can actually grind with them however, if you learn how to hunt well with them.

Just like it would be crazy to make someone in pixie and an opalo grind and hunt the same mobs in the same way as someone with good armour and a good weapon, it would be crazy to equalise the ships in space.

It could well be the issue centres around the lack of any huge difference between the mobs in space, as we would see planet side. Maybe there needs to be more puny style mobs for those hunting with little SI /quads and huge mobs for those with high. As it is just now we have large ships collecting loads of little mobs to kill, and small ships getting destroyed too fast or wishing they could collect too. Maybe there are bigger mobs and we just havenít found them yet!

The new hunting grounds are fab to encourage new and old people to come and enjoy space again, having a bit of fun in a quad as you would do hunting on planet with low level gear, but when you want to ramp it up onto grinding and heavy skilling, then itís time to move up a ship group. The great thing is you donít even need to buy one, unlike planetside Uber gear you can join a crew and skill up collaboratively.

What does need fixed in space is the zoom out on Ms guns, and the looting range.

Please do keep up the excitement and passion about space as many have done over the years, bit not to the detriment of others.
    I agree with this 100%. the looting got me good the other night.. I musta lost 15 copses takin out a pile of mobs.. just cant move fast enough to loot them from the hood of the ship. bigger range n longer corpse decay timer be nice.
    ✘✘✘ ViPô₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/RXEDNUh

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alainax View Post
    Space hunting is perfectly viable without any dramatic changes. I am pleased to see a renewed interest in space, but at the same time that doesnít mean that itís time to destroy the time and effort of those who have been hunting there for years, and the very people who have been pushing all these years to have an update!

As said in the other thread, gunner should not be given for mounted weapons, and captain works well as the space evade. Itís perfectly easy to skill it, there are many many large ships who do hunting runs.

It could well be the issue centres around the lack of any huge difference between the mobs in space, as we would see planet side. Maybe there needs to be more puny style mobs for those hunting with little SI /quads and huge mobs for those with high. As it is just now we have large ships collecting loads of little mobs to kill, and small ships getting destroyed too fast or wishing they could collect too. Maybe there are bigger mobs and we just havenít found them yet!

The new hunting grounds are fab to encourage new and old people to come and enjoy space again, having a bit of fun in a quad as you would do hunting on planet with low level gear, but when you want to ramp it up onto grinding and heavy skilling, then itís time to move up a ship group. The great thing is you donít even need to buy one, unlike planetside Uber gear you can join a crew and skill up collaboratively.

As expected, most of the elitist big ship owners are opposed to the proletariat being able to do stuff on their own.

My ideas would be destroying nothing. Space skills should not be exlusive to those who spend 50k+ on a "weapon", or those given permission to tag along. If anything some have had an enormous head start. I think you lack perspective. Planetside no one has to ask me with my 50k gun to tag along at a time when I might go out hunting just to hunt themselves. Hunting solo in a quad now is not really viable. It is very slow and if you want to hunt anything that can cause damage you won't be hunting long before you have to spend a lot of time going somewhere to repair your vehicle and fly back.

There can be a "differentiation" between large ships and personal ships with plenty of space between (pun intended) to protect the big ships' value while making space hunting viable and enjoyable for the common person who does not want to or cannot make a big investment, or rely on others. I am sensitive to the issue of protecting investment value. I am not asking to "equalise" the ships in space.

Planetside someone can grab some inexpensive L armor (ship) and an L weapon (weapon attachment) and off they go. Or you can make a little investment and buy smaller unlimited ship (armor) and/or weapon. This is how it should be for space, if you want good activity.
    Xen Shop ESI 209.50 + 76.59 | Genesis ArcSpark | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Athenic Ring Adjusted | Artemic Ring Perfected | Hermetic Ring Augmented | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    As expected, most of the elitist big ship owners are opposed to the proletariat being able to do stuff on their own.

My ideas would be destroying nothing. Space skills should not be exlusive to those who spend 50k+ on a "weapon", or those given permission to tag along. If anything some have had an enormous head start. I think you lack perspective. Planetside no one has to ask me with my 50k gun to tag along at a time when I might go out hunting just to hunt themselves. Hunting solo in a quad now is not really viable. It is very slow and if you want to hunt anything that can cause damage you won't be hunting long before you have to spend a lot of time going somewhere to repair your vehicle and fly back.

There can be a "differentiation" between large ships and personal ships with plenty of space between (pun intended) to protect the big ships' value while making space hunting viable and enjoyable for the common person who does not want to or cannot make a big investment, or rely on others. I am sensitive to the issue of protecting investment value. I am not asking to "equalise" the ships in space.

Planetside someone can grab some inexpensive L armor (ship) and an L weapon (weapon attachment) and off they go. Or you can make a little investment and buy smaller unlimited ship (armor) and/or weapon. This is how it should be for space, if you want good activity.
    Noones talking investment value at least not yet.. Were talking demand. not even 10% of the ships up there are used or even have a use.. That's a lot of 50k+ ships sittin doing nothing. Were suggesting creating more uses and needs for them so there not sitting there doing nothing. That is why I agree with bonnie. until a time when the big ships are full and EU requires more and other alternatives I see no reason to consider anything else.

I do think tiny repair ability on quad/sleip would be kewl because I agree the revive/repair/fly back to training ground after each mob is a bit much and inconvienient for sure.
    ✘✘✘ ViPô₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/RXEDNUh

Elite
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mspatterson View Post
    Noones talking investment value at least not yet.. Were talking demand. not even 10% of the ships up there are used or even have a use.. That's a lot of 50k+ ships sittin doing nothing.

I do think tiny repair ability on quad/sleip would be kewl because I agree the revive/repair/fly back to training ground after each mob is a bit much and inconvienient for sure.
    You agree with Bonnie's post yet you just admitted to the above? Bonnie's idea of players investing into a larger ship category to hunt mobs that have the same loot (and extra ammo cost) as a planetside Argonaut is ridiculous. Sounds like an awful investment to me and terrible answer of inspiring individuals to grab some gear and hop into hunting a mob, I agree if grinding is your thing in Space that would make sense. Anyway, that passion and interest is now waning.

In my earlier post, I tried to show the ideas of expansion and even tours to offer larger ships can do other than getting from point A to point B for any space involvement, it seems we are taking 2 steps back on trying to involve people in space without additional purchase and more game play.

I highly doubt getting more people traveling and hunting is a 'detriment' to an already defunct part of the game. The no-looting zones may be where that angst comes from and how it has encouraged travel in individual
    personal craft.

My hats off to Mindark for that and we are very grateful.
    Last edited by Thorns Rose; 06-15-2019 at 17:47.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast